Dishonest customers

1 hour ago, richfaa said:

I have got a flu every year for many, many years as it was a condition of my employment .I never had the flu. The wife has never had the flu shot she never had the flu . What does that prove.

That you didn't bring the flu home and infect her.  That you were not around very many school age children who bring everything home from school.  That she was not around other people who had the flu.  That she has retained a pretty good immune system as she has aged.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

29 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

I never thought I'd be living in a time where science and medicine were just "opinions", and the media would be blamed for being the messenger.  It's a very strange world now.

As someone who has spent her whole adult life involved with science and scientists, I can't begin to tell you how distressing it is to hear.  We live in a scientifically illiterate country and seem to regressing every year.    And it is not just not understanding the science, it is the hatred showed toward scientists.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

5 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

And it is not just not understanding the science, it is the hatred showed toward scientists.

Fauci and his children, if you can believe that, have 24/7 security.  This is some sick stuff.

From what I've seen, the internet experts expect science to be perfect, to know everything, and when it doesn't, that's their ticket to dismiss it and make up whatever conspiracies they want.   

21 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Please, let's not take this political. 

I would judge this to be a pre -emptive strike.  No question this thread could quickly go political.

Vern, in being hopeful is there any chance the restaurant noise could have been tv sound?

As for tv sound. Customer stated he was not at his rv. He has a electric meter and I was going to have him test things while I was on the phone.

So I started to listen to the background noise. I have learned to do that for mechanical sounds on equipment.  Just now using for community covid noise.

Vern

4 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

That you didn't bring the flu home and infect her.  That you were not around very many school age children who bring everything home from school.  That she was not around other people who had the flu.  That she has retained a pretty good immune system as she has aged.   

Actually we both worked in the same building but different sections  that had a day shift population of over 600.We do not have school  aged children but as RV ers of many years we do travel all over the country. We have a few grandkid's of schools age. We have social distanced as best we could since this virus hit. We do wear a mask and I wear both the mask and gloves during these times since we are both in the high risk age group  .I also drove a school bus after my retirement and was required to have the flu shot every year.

We are not going to Sturges this year although we have been there .

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Well Vern, you poked a hole in my hope for positivity.😀

I know what you mean about diagnosing based on sounds over the phone. The last thing of significance I did that was the side by side refrigerator  at my daughther and SIL house. He held the phone near the mechanics and I could hear the Klixon opening and closing on the compressor. He was able to get on and an appliance parts place I told him about and replace it. Had him get a hard start kit for it at the same time. 3 years later still working fine.

Richfaa,  this covid is so hard to sort out so far.  Nurse daughter's mentor who is a nurse that was married to a nurse slept with him several nights before they realized he had it.  49 and healthy he died in 2 weeks and she has yet to  test positive. Where she works she gets tested every four days.  And I know of another case similar except they were not nurses. Good for you for foregoing Sturgis this year.

It's simple. If everyone looked at this as war, and everyone wears masks period except at home. No BBQs with others, shut down all activities, and if folks won't wear a mask then initiate a curfew.

I have zero sympathy with the lame excuses. Excerpt:

"1. New Zealand

On June 8, New Zealand announced that the last of its coronavirus patients had recovered with its health officials saying there were no active cases of Covid-19 in the country. The Pacific island nation reported just over 1500 corona patients including 22 who died.

The country had enforced a strict lockdown for nearly seven weeks, in which most businesses were shut and everyone except essential workers had to stay at home.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced lifting of all coronavirus measures in the country from June 9, barring border closure restrictions."

Source with the other 8 of nine countries who've beaten the virus in their country. Notice what and how and how long and enforcement level:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/9-countries-including-new-zealand-are-now-covid-19-free-heres-the-list/ar-BB15gn9Q

D5ifKUml.jpg

Get ready as the Sturgis group bikes back to every corner of our country.

WduVZtgl.jpg

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

12 hours ago, RV_ said:

It's simple. If everyone looked at this as war, and everyone wears masks period except at home. No BBQs with others, shut down all activities, and if folks won't wear a mask then initiate a curfew.

I have zero sympathy with the lame excuses

X 2X 2

On 8/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, Barbaraok said:

As someone who has spent her whole adult life involved with science and scientists, I can't begin to tell you how distressing it is to hear.  We live in a scientifically illiterate country and seem to regressing every year.    And it is not just not understanding the science, it is the hatred showed toward scientists.

Commercialization of everything. Intellectual property, if you think about it while you are on the clock. Gone are the days of a person doing what's right no matter the cost. Now it's how is this going to be paid for, it's not coming out of my pocket. I need 100 million a year to manage everyone and make sure they are making money for the investors.  Our country is more than Scientifically illiterate. To me it seems we have also lost all common sense. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

11 hours ago, Striper said:

And today at noon, New Zealand went back into lock down because of outbreaks in the larger cities. 

Your information is not correct, it was only the city of Auckland

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

No new Corona cases for 105 days in the whole country. Then four cases turn up in one city. They shut it down with a lockdown in one city.

Excerpt:

"New Zealand’s biggest city Auckland will be shut down from midday on Wednesday after Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern warned four new cases of coronavirus had emerged.

The country had achieved a record 102 days of no new transmissions and has been widely held up internationally as the model on how to beat the virus with the strictest regulations in the world.

Citizens in Auckland will be expected to work from home unless they are essential workers, and schools will close, as will bars, cafes and restaurants until the end of the week.

Ardern said in a televised press conference, “We’re asking people in Auckland to stay home to stop the spread.

“Act as if you have COVID, and as though people around you have COVID.”

Source: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-zealand-moves-fast-to-lock-down-auckland-after-surprise-covid-outbreak-following-weeks-of-no-cases-2020-08-11

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

6 hours ago, RV_ said:

Citizens in Auckland will be expected to work from home unless they are essential workers, and schools will close, as will bars, cafes and restaurants

6 hours ago, RV_ said:

strictest regulations in the world.

6 hours ago, RV_ said:

We’re asking people in Auckland to stay home

I wouldn't call this a "lockdown".  To me, a lockdown is when the gov't. posts armed guards in the street to keep people in their homes.  Appears to be the exact same regulations that many states here in the USA did a few months ago.  I would say the two big differences are that New Zealand doesn't have near the amount of international travel as the USA and evidently the citizens over there abide by the rules a whole lot better than our citizens do.

Don,

You're quoting the article I was quoting, not me. Although I agree. New Zealand called their response to four new cases in the whole country a lockdown. Did you click on the link and read the article? It's very clear in the article. That country has its priorities straight.

Yes, I agree.

Here's another excellent analysis of the countries beating the virus and why.

The Best Global Responses to COVID-19 Pandemic

This is the author:

"By Ian Bremmer

June 12, 2020 6:00 AM EDT
Bremmer is a foreign affairs columnist and editor-at-large at TIME. He is the president of Eurasia Group, a political-risk consultancy, and GZERO Media, a company dedicated to providing intelligent and engaging coverage of international affairs. He teaches applied geopolitics at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs and his most recent book is Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism.

Excerpt:
"New Zealand (1,504 cases; 22 deaths)

When it comes to a global pandemic, it helps being an island nation tucked away in a far-flung corner of the globe. But New Zealand’s rise in the rankings is so much more than good geographic fortune. New Zealand’s first case was detected on Feb 28th, and relative to other governments, moved swiftly to shut down the country—less than three weeks later, the country shut its borders to outside travelers, and a week later had not only shut down non-essential businesses but went even further, instituting a “level 4 lockdown” which meant that people could only interact with people within their home in an attempt to “eliminate” the virus all together (accompanied by emergency text messages that plainly explained what was expected of individuals). You need to be in a fortunate position to even be able to attempt that, but the orderly way which New Zealand did so was admirable, accompanied by Facebook Live videos by the country’s prime minister, Jacinda Adern. Now the country is COVID-19 free.

As of this writing, New Zealand had registered 1,504 COVID cases total and just 22 COVID-related fatalities. New Zealanders have praised their government’s early response and coordinated messaging; in April, 88 percent of New Zealander’s said that they trust their government in handling the pandemic, compared to the 59 percent average across the G7. Also helping? A promise by the prime minister that no one would lose their residence if they lost work, a raft of tax reforms aimed at helping the country’s small businesses, and the symbolic-yet-still-appreciated move taken by Adern and her ministers to take a 20 percent cut to their salaries. In a budget released in mid-May, a new fund that’s roughly equivalent to 17 percent of GDP has been set up to keep jobs and reduce the unemployment rate over the next two years—the move will take the government from a surplus to a deficit this year and next, but what good is running a surplus if you can’t use it in times like these?"

So much more countries analyzed in the article here:

https://time.com/5851633/best-global-responses-covid-19/

My graduate studies were in International relations and geopolitics fascinated me among other subjects. I did my thesis on the breakup and war in the former Yugoslavia just south of us at Spangdahlem AB Germany 1990-1997. Then the short lived  Russian Commonwealth Of Independent States, post USSR breakup.  Historians will be analyzing the leaders that responded successfully to Covid19, and those that were not successful to greater or lesser degrees. 

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998