Escapees mail service problem

glistok

We have been using the mail service at Rainbow's End park in Livingston, TX for five years.  We have had our mail forwarded many times without problem.  The packages sent to us have always be sent USPS Priority mail except for one time when we had is sent by UPS.  The last time we asked our mail to be forwarded, someone, without letting us know in any way, decided to send our mail via USPS first class.  That mail has not arrived after a week.  It either did not actually get sent or has disappeared in travel.  The problem is there is no recovery.  There is no tracking number.  There not even any proof that it was mailed other than the deduction from our account.  

I have since notified the mail service to always use priority mail.  If you are going to use this mail service, then you should do the same.  This will always make sure that you have a tracking number and can have some idea where you mail is.  We do not expect to ever see the envelope mailed to us.  You do not want to have the same happen to you.

Twice we had a similar experience..  One package finally caught up to us after sitting somewhere for awhile, then getting sent back to Livingston, then being forwarded to us again.  The whole process took about 2 months.

Then, we had a package with a tracking number so I followed it around.  It went to some tiny town between Houston and San Antonio, then to another town around 30 miles north of there and then, finally to Conroe which was closer to Livingston than any of the places it visited.

I don't think either one was any fault of Escapees.

These days we too usually use priority so we get a tracking number.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

I have switched over from using the Post Office to using FedEx.  Escapees has a special rate that is only about $1.00 more than using USPS Priority Mail. I always get a tracking number and the package arrives in about three days and is delivered right to my site not the Campground office. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 hours ago, glistok said:

The last time we asked our mail to be forwarded, someone, without letting us know in any way, decided to send our mail via USPS first class.  That mail has not arrived after a week. 

Where was the mail supposed to be delivered?  General Delivery?  A RV park?

For 16+ years we always had it sent to General Delivery, small town via Priority with no issues - even Alaska.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I use Priority First class or any that provides tracking. 

I have used First Class Mail which is to be delivered 10 Business day. (is Saturday a business day???).  My problem was sometimes, 13 Business Day delivery (M-F) every so often.  Normal  was 6-8 days where as Priority Mail normal is 3 and sometimes 4 and on a rare occasion 2 days.

I was never told a good reason for delays more than 10 business days (M-F). Your First Mail must have been handled with Second Class, is not a good reason.

Clay having used First Class mail service from Zip 77299 to NW Illinois Zip 610xx

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Escapees Mail Service always does a great job.  The problem is USPS.  Priority Mail, only provides a tracking number and not much else.  The USPS can still screw it up.  To guarantee decent service I use the FedEx $6,99, 2 day envelope.  Works great.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

12 hours ago, TXiceman said:

Escapees Mail Service always does a great job.  The problem is USPS.  Priority Mail, only provides a tracking number and not much else.  The USPS can still screw it up.  To guarantee decent service I use the FedEx $6,99, 2 day envelope.  Works great.

Funny, I was told that Fedex wasn't an option for us.  Paid $50 for an "overnight" delivery (from Livingston to Terrell, TX) on Friday.  Supposed to be here Monday.  Now it's Tuesday.  Hopefully the "by 9pm" on the UPS tracking site is actually by 5pm.  Office closes at 6, and we're pulling out wee early in the morning, leaving here.  The package has our new Texas drivers' license, hence the $$$ to get it here.  What sucks is that I didn't realize I had to GO to Polk County to register the new RV and truck that we brought back from CA or I would've just picked up all the mail.  Derp.   

Also, to original point, I've actually seen Fedex trucks at this campground.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

Will B.,  The Flat Rate by FedEx was suggested by Escapees.  For $6.99 it is a 2 day delivery for as much as will fit in the one envelope.  If it is over the size for the envelope, It is a lot more $$$$.

Shirley at the mail center just scheduled our next FedEx shipment for next week.  It works great.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We use another mail service (Escapees wasn't in SD back then) and we've instructed them to always use Priority Mail. The two-day promise is a joke, as we've NEVER gotten our mail in two days. It sometimes takes that long just to leave Sioux Falls. We plan that it will always take a week, so that we're pleasantly surprised when it arrives sooner.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS