Attention ORV fans!

Ray,IN

The Mahrinda Roxor ORV has hit the market; made in Detroit Michigan!

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Ya, since March, I just hadn't seen any reference to in on the forums. It's expensive, however it is built like no other ORV.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

FCA has beat them in court, for looking too much like a Jeep. Expect them to disappear. 

ETA: Also, your link is over 2 years old. 

Edited by Darryl&Rita

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

28 minutes ago, Lou Schneider said:

And unlike a Jeep the Roxor isn't road legal.

Depends on where you are. Road legal in the Phoenix valley, with minor changes. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

FCA has beat them in court, for looking too much like a Jeep. Expect them to disappear. 

Thanks for the info. Sad part is, a John Deere Gator costs just as much today.

Does anyone remember Ford designed the Jeep look?

4 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

What is your source of the court fight as a settled matter? The article Ray posted has this:

What makes this so ironic is that Jeep is a fierce protector of their front end design, and while there are Jeep licensees who have been building Jeep-faced vehicles for decades, like the Mahindra Thar, other companies have been prevented from making vehicles that look anything like like the iconic Jeep, which is hardly surprising.

And Mihindra  makes the Roxor, which is actually the Thar but assembled in US. As of yesterday Bloomberg reporting shows that court proceedings are ongoing and FCA only won their case in front of an administrative judge. More at this link.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Ray's article is 2 years old, and hardly up to date. The fight isn't over, but FCA has more money than Mahindra, so they'll steamroll their way through. Detroit Free Press

Please e-mail us here.

5 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

The link that I posted and that by Chalkie are current. It should be interesting as the company site seems to indicate that they are still for sale. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Man have I ever blundered this one_, I thought it was the real deal. Sorry for wasting forum space folks.

Edited by Ray,IN

On 11/30/2019 at 9:51 PM, Ray,IN said:

Man have I ever blundered this one_, I thought it was the real deal. Sorry for wasting forum space folks.

I don't see that you wasted space, it is after all in the "other" area and it is the real, for now at least. While the Roxor looks like a baby Jeep you can get other off road UTV's with diesel engines by some major companies such as John Deere, Kubota or Cat,

All of the different side x side ORV's are interesting and bigger seems to be the norm.  However in Colorado there are literally hundreds of miles of trails limited by width of the ORV.  Many are limited  to 50" or narrower and more trails are built every year.  For those of us that like side x sides that leaves only one for these trails, a small Polaris.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

9 hours ago, packnrat said:

sad but if not street legal, will never be allowed on any of the dwindling dirt roads and two track trails in ca. state law says must be street legal, except in off road quad parks.

In Indiana it is legal to drive an ORV, or golf cart, in any town/city that approves them, and on county roads during daylight hrs; However the state doe not allow them on state roads, nor to  cross them. Owners still must display the off-road red triangle banner on the long rod.

I have no plans to leave the state with  one. I've decided to shop around and look at different brands since the company may disappear in the future.

Edited by Ray,IN

2 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

In Indiana it is legal to drive an ORV, or golf cart, in any town/city that approves them, and on county roads during daylight hrs; However the state doe not allow them on state roads, nor to  cross them. Owners still must display the off-road red triangle banner on the long rod.

I have no plans to leave the state with  one. I've decided to shop around and look at different brands since the company may disappear in the future.

i meant no disrespect here. just the powers that be here like controlling most, soon everything in our lives. they say ban this... ban that.

would be good if a quality car company could start up and give the old school makers a run for there money. selling AFFORDABLE cars and trucks.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:44 AM, Randyretired said:

All of the different side x side ORV's are interesting and bigger seems to be the norm.  However in Colorado there are literally hundreds of miles of trails limited by width of the ORV.  Many are limited  to 50" or narrower and more trails are built every year.  For those of us that like side x sides that leaves only one for these trails, a small Polaris.

Yup! When we had our Prowler we racked up a lot of miles but they were all in areas that did  not have the dreaded width posts. 

On 12/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, Randyretired said:

Can Am makes narrow side x sides also. 

13 minutes ago, kurtsara said:

Can Am makes narrow side x sides also. 

Thanks, I didn't know that.  We are planning a new house on our property that is only a couple of miles from Grand Mesa National Forest.   We can ride out our driveway.  Most of the trails are limited to 50" wide.  There are enough trails to keep us exploring new trails for years.  The trails also connect to 2 other National Forests for even more trails.  

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

On 11/30/2019 at 10:06 AM, Ray,IN said:

Thanks for the info. Sad part is, a John Deere Gator costs just as much today.

Does anyone remember Ford designed the Jeep look?

the "jeep" but the web site linked to is not all correct.

bantam did design the "jeep"  bantam won the contract, but could not build as required. (but they got exclusive contract for the trailers, some aircraft landing gear and other contracts). so the contract was awarded to willys car company. then during the war ford received a secondary build contract. (due to fears of sabotage) to build a 100% identical 100% interchangeably. (they got sued and fined by the gov for placing "ford" tail gates on them), this is how the GPW came about.

G stands for government.

P stands for the 80 in wheel base.

W stands for willys...built by ford. 

reference # ISBN 0-910667-10-1 volume one.   all American wonder

look on page 34.

great car for the time. it would never be built today. do to the governments excessive regs on occupant safety. in the 1940's everybody just wanted things that worked correctly. easy to fix, and did not cost 5 years income to buy.

Edited by packnrat

• 1 month later...