Electric bikes

PAylor

10 hours ago, Danandfreda said:

We just ordered an ebike. Look up lectricebike.com  did a lot of research and for the price is the best I’ve found. Waiting on shipment now

Thank you for your reply and information. I did look them up and they seem to be quite popular. I'm watching youtube videos of them now.  Hopefully when yours arrive you will share your thoughts and opinions as you put time on them.

I'm a work'n on it.

My wife and I have two Rad Ebikes.  We've had them for about 4 months, I've got the Rover5 and her the City.  We really enjoy them, I have 350 miles on mine.  I've been trying to loose a few pounds and couldn't do it until I got the bike.
  I wouldn't have one without a throttle.  I put the PAS to 2 and when I come to a hill I give it a little throttle and I go right up it, makes me fill like Superman, LOL.  Its nice to be able to put on 20 miles when we go out and I'm 66 and the wife is 70 yrs old.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

There are many to choose from and lots of info to digest when shopping. 

We have 2 Jupiter folding  Discovery e bikes and love them.  Do your research and take everything into consideration. Weight,  wheel size, battery and motor size, speed,distance  and do you really need it to fold.

Also realize the speed, range, and power to climb hills will be changed with the weight of the rider. Prices and features are getting better every day,  but don't wait to get one.

We have really nice Specialized brand regular bikes and the e bikes are a total game changer. 

Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Jeff

Jeff and Michelle Cooper

92 Alumalite 33XL Motorhome

93 Coachman 19rb Class B van

1986 Eagle SX-4 Toad

9 hours ago, dennisvr said:

My wife and I have two Rad Ebikes.  We've had them for about 4 months, I've got the Rover5 and her the City.  We really enjoy them, I have 350 miles on mine.  I've been trying to loose a few pounds and couldn't do it until I got the bike.
  I wouldn't have one without a throttle.  I put the PAS to 2 and when I come to a hill I give it a little throttle and I go right up it, makes me fill like Superman, LOL.  Its nice to be able to put on 20 miles when we go out and I'm 66 and the wife is 70 yrs old.  

That's awesome. We see a lot of Rad ebike videos on youtube. Very popular bike. I search youtube with the phrase "e-bikes for rv" and I am both amazed and ever so happy to see how many seniors have opted to go ebike over golf carts and other non exercise vehicles. It appears to have caught enough attention that research is being done and statistics brought out. Seems the ebike, not just for rv seniors, but in general has really made an impact on the health of the senior citizens. Huge thumbs up.

I'm a work'n on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s an update on the ebikes. We received our Lectric XP bike yesterday, took 12 days from the time of order, I’m sure the ice in Texas slowed it a little it came from Arizona. Box was a little beat up bu the bike was in perfect shape I thought. I unpacked it and got it together and had it sitting outside the trailer. When Freda got done with here nap and came out to see it she said I thought we ordered white. This one was black. We wouldn’t have time to send back and get another one because we’re leaving to head farther down in Florida next week. She called and they apologized and offered a 50.00 credit and are going to send us a suspension seat post for it. So that worked. There customer service is fast and friendly and not a call center in India. The bike is solid came charged and ready to ride, easy to figure out the controls and it feels like the 500 watt motor is plenty. We put a few miles on it yesterday small hills and flats and on pedal assist 1 is plenty. Seams like a very well built bike heavier than the Giant hybrid bike it will replace. Has a lcd screen that about an iPhone 6 size. Taking it to st Andrew state park in Panama City today. So far I would buy this brand again if we decide to get another one. Will update on the ride today 

• 6 months later...

City I lived in previously was basically "flat".  A single speed beach cruiser was just fine for "getting around" - for folks young and old.

Now - Reside in a city with lots of hills - some pretty steep!  Even some serious (non-electric) riders find to be a struggle. Located about 10 miles inland from the "surf".

Seeing more of this brand - most recently by a couple I would guess to be mid 50's - so not what you would call "surfers". 

"MURF" - electric bikes

On 6/25/2019 at 6:21 PM, jcussen said:

If you scroll down to US regs, appears that any electric bike with pedals, that has less than 750 watt motor and a top speed of less than 20 mph is classified as a bicycle. My rad mini is governed to 20 mph. I am sure without the governor it would go much faster.

These federal regs only affect consumer safety issues.  States are still free to regulate the use of e-bikes and to classify them as vehicles or require registration for use in that state.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

I see a Sondor here and am thinking about one. Big hills in Colorado Springs. Edited for spelling Sondor Sandor.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

21 hours ago, RV_ said:

I see a Sandor here and am thinking about one. Big hills in Colorado Springs.

You are seeing one one the road? or a place that sells? 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 6/24/2019 at 5:34 AM, markandkim said:

You can get really nice ones for a lot less. About $750.00 each. These are the ones I'm getting.

https://lectricebikes.com/collections/xp-accessories/products/lectric-xp

I know this post is a few months old now. I just ordered on of these for the wife. They are $999 now. Still a good value. I ordered a Friend Ebike for myself. They don't have a step through so that is why I ordered the Lectric for her.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

A guy rides by regularly in my neighborhood I've seen him about five times, but too fast uphill to run outside and flag him down to talk to him. It looks good and he is riding up a steep hill pretty fast. But I've never ridden one yet. I will be looking at other brands folks here are buying and still liking after a year. We have an ebike shop here that sells very expensive eBikes and I am hoping we get some incentives like tax credits. I've seen other brands for sale with bad batteries/tires. I missed one for $200 that when I looked it up was a $3k bike and all it needed was tires and a battery, perhaps a charger. But it got snapped up immediately.

I am liking the Lectric from what I have seen now too.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Those fat tires are thorn magnets. It's ironic that fat tires bikes are best ridden on pavement to avoid thorns and goat-heads and thistles and stickers and burrs. But that is reality, at least where I am.

Be sure to slime the tires, keep a couple of spare tubes, and watch videos on the process of removing the rear wheel and tube repair or replacement and then re-installing the wheel.

Nothing to see here. 

19 hours ago, RV_ said:

A guy rides by regularly in my neighborhood I've seen him about five times, but too fast uphill to run outside and flag him down to talk to him. It looks good and he is riding up a steep hill pretty fast. But I've never ridden one yet. I will be looking at other brands folks here are buying and still liking after a year. We have an ebike shop here that sells very expensive eBikes and I am hoping we get some incentives like tax credits. I've seen other brands for sale with bad batteries/tires. I missed one for $200 that when I looked it up was a $3k bike and all it needed was tires and a battery, perhaps a charger. But it got snapped up immediately.

I am liking the Lectric from what I have seen now too.

Be cautious of cheap Ebikes for sale with no battery.  Most likely they are stolen, because if it had a bad battery they would usually still have it.
I've had my Rad Rover for a yr now and really like it. 

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

17 hours ago, podwerkz said:

Those fat tires are thorn magnets. It's ironic that fat tires bikes are best ridden on pavement to avoid thorns and goat-heads and thistles and stickers and burrs. But that is reality, at least where I am.

Be sure to slime the tires, keep a couple of spare tubes, and watch videos on the process of removing the rear wheel and tube repair or replacement and then re-installing the wheel.

I think if you around goat heads you will get a flat with any tire, but yes with the wider tires you have twice the contact on the ground.  That's good advice on knowing how to remove the tires on the trail.  I have saddle bags on my Rad Rover and carry tools and spare tubes.  

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

7 hours ago, dennisvr said:

Be cautious of cheap Ebikes for sale with no battery.  Most likely they are stolen, because if it had a bad battery they would usually still have it.
I've had my Rad Rover for a yr now and really like it. 

The ones I have seen here have the batteries albeit bad. If they don't have the charger I would be suspicious. Good thought,

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I just saw this review of the HyperX in today's CleanTechnica. It is a $2900.00 eBike with over 100 miles range:

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/09/06/the-juiced-hyperscrambler-2-e-bike-cleantechnica-review/

Here is the company page for it:

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/hyperscrambler-2?variant=31955921502272

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998