Lessons Learned

SuiteSuccess

Just returned from our 3000 mile round trip.  Outside of my continuing windshield leak which I will tackle next week, truck performed flawlessly.  Today took truck to a Kroger to refuel.  Finished, hit starter....NOTHING!  Crap, gonna have to get towed, but wanted to check battery connections first.  All eight of my battery lugs were loose and the main + to the starter was almost off at the battery!  Lesson learned to check lugs frequently since vibration obviously loosened them.  BTW had checked them at beginning of season.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Good tip Carl! I PM my batts each winter. Never had them loosen up. Looks like better test tight more often. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

12 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Looks like I need to see where my batteries are located. It must have one or 2 of them somewhere on board.

If you can’t find them just stick a metal wrench around anything you think might be batteries and trace by the burning smell,🤪

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

1 hour ago, Pete Kildow said:

Should be under the side cover under drivers door. 17mm socket take out the three bolts holding top and bottom steps on.

Sorry Pete.  Georgia and I are old friends and the above exchange was tongue in cheek and good ol’ Southern ribbing.  Got to get back at him after what his Bulldogs did to my Vols.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Was just kidding Pete, mine is pretty simple, use the ignition key to unlock the handle and remove the battery door and slide out the tray. I'm running 4 Odyssey AGM batteries with a total of 4600 CCA. I check the connections twice a year.

I thought that was it. LOL But know some are hidden on some trucks. Mine it takes 15 minutes to get to the battery's.

event.png

13 hours ago, beemergary said:

On my Pete 3406b those big starter cables don't give and twisting or vibrations must make loose at starter.

Hi beemergary - when truck engine with > 500,000miles starts vibrating stuff attached to it loose or breaking brackets etc it could be time for a new balancer.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived