Airing up in the shop

Lance A Lott

There are several ways.  Is there a Schrader valve on the air governor?  That's simple, and will air up all tanks.

Or, you an make up a glad hand with a disconnect fitting and air through that, if you still have glad hands on the truck.  This works well for an air source when out traveling too.  Connect to the red gland hand.

You can put a quick disconnect directly on your first air tank.  This might be difficult to access, depending on how your tanks are situated.

In any case, make up a male/male disconnect, and carry it in your air repair box.  Eventually, you will need it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Two ways.  Air governor may have a Schrader valve on it which can be used.  Best to have an air dryer on your compressor to keep moisture out of the system.  Or you can build one of these.  You can trace a line from your truck compressor that is pre air dryer and has a valve like a the low pressure side of an air conditioner line.  Just be sure and trace the line to be sure it is air and not a refrigerant line.

Jmn7gPCl.jpg

CKHyH7Wl.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• 3 weeks later...

Low pressure air conditioner line fitting. Amazon has paired high (blue )/ low(red)for about $19. May have the colors reversed but if you buy the pair the red should fit. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

When I removed the service lines for the trailer I just put a quick coupler in. If need air I just hook up an air hose and push the red button in on the dash. On some of our other trucks I installed a quick coupler into one of the air tanks. I have also hooked the glad hands together on 2 trucks to get air in one that was broken down. Most of us have the glad hands removed so that most likely is not an option.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I have a T fitting just before the air dryer. One side comes from the compressor, the other goes into a side box on the bed to a quick connect that matches my shop airlines. That way I add air thru the dryer to prevent problems later.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived