780 trans not shifting .

Little

Shannon, Michael here, we met at Texas T in Tennessee.  The wife and I are heading to Nashville in late June, we will be staying at Cedars of Lebanon State Park about 35 miles from down town. 

Any suggestions, other than Prince's place and the standard touristy fair?

Have you ever stayed at Cedars of Lebanon State Park?

Hope your truck get's up and going tomorrow.

Michael 

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

Now I need to find a rubber carpet kit for the front cab section. I don't want carpet. Probably a dealer only item? Any pointers greatly appreciated on where to source. 

Try Minimizer floor mats.  The link lets you put in Make and model of truck to get a custom fitted set.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

1 hour ago, Stan Wright said:

Lockmup68 and Phil,

How many miles did you have on the voltage doubler when it died?  Mine has 822K miles and I'm thinking about doing a preemptive change, or at least having a spare.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

4 hours ago, Parrformance said:

Shannon, Michael here, we met at Texas T in Tennessee.  The wife and I are heading to Nashville in late June, we will be staying at Cedars of Lebanon State Park about 35 miles from down town. 

Any suggestions, other than Prince's place and the standard touristy fair?

Have you ever stayed at Cedars of Lebanon State Park?

Hope your truck get's up and going tomorrow.

Michael 

I actually got into Cedars of Lebanon, but barely. You should be fine since you are so much shorter than me. Beautiful place, but no sewer. Showers were clean. 

Lots of great restaurants and things to do, especially music wise. Happy to help plan and spend your money! :) 

3 hours ago, Stan Wright said:

Lockmup68 and Phil,

How many miles did you have on the voltage doubler when it died?  Mine has 822K miles and I'm thinking about doing a preemptive change, or at least having a spare.

530k when it died. My truck had a factory rebuilt transmission (and 9 months left on a 1 yr warranty) in it when I bought it so I don't know if the doubler was the original (I would bet it was) or if it came on the rebuilt. It was installed prior to 502k miles. The dealership messed up the original owners trans so they installed a new (rebuilt) one. Since I bought it from that dealer they transferred the warranty to me. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

4 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

I actually got into Cedars of Lebanon, but barely. You should be fine since you are so much shorter than me. Beautiful place, but no sewer. Showers were clean. 

Lots of great restaurants and things to do, especially music wise. Happy to help plan and spend your money! :) 

For full hookups, Grand Old RV Resort is Best and close to the city. Not as pretty as Cedars of Lebanon, but much more concenient.

7 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

For full hookups, Grand Old RV Resort is Best and close to the city. Not as pretty as Cedars of Lebanon, but much more concenient.

The wife much prefers the woodsy park over the mobile home park feel of much of today's RV campgrounds.  Therefore I take great pains to search out these types of sites.  I did run across www.campsitesphotos.com, this website offers pictures of all sites within a park they have been to.  Not all CG's are covered, but the ones that are offer some perspective of the individual sites and what to expect when booking a site.

Thanks Shannon, I was a little bit concerned about the Cedars park, it looks tight, you eased my mind knowing you have been there and made it.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

3 hours ago, Parrformance said:

The wife much prefers the woodsy park over the mobile home park feel of much of today's RV campgrounds.  Therefore I take great pains to search out these types of sites.  I did run across www.campsitesphotos.com, this website offers pictures of all sites within a park they have been to.  Not all CG's are covered, but the ones that are offer some perspective of the individual sites and what to expect when booking a site.

Thanks Shannon, I was a little bit concerned about the Cedars park, it looks tight, you eased my mind knowing you have been there and made it.

Copy that. When I say I barely fit, I really did barely fit. It was "bring your chair out and watch this yahoo take out the trees" moment. Literally 1-2 inches of clearance on both sides. Way too close for comfort. But you'll be fine.

14 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Shannon, glad it's working out.  I thought if I got David involved he would be of more help than me!

See you down the road.

I think if I would have had the diagnostic manual already, we could have diagnosed it on the spot. Those guys know their stuff. Appreciate all the help. Headed over to pick it up in a few. Will let you know.

On 4/24/2018 at 11:22 AM, lockmup68 said:

I like the hardwood a lot. Assume you do not have a tunnel access panel? I just want full rubber mat and insulation. The rear will get wood I think. New AC first. 

Missed this the first time. The pic was a generic off Google, so I'm not sure what they did for access. On my installs, I try to make a removable panel out of the hardwood. Some brands work better than others. I've never really looked at the floor-line in a Volvo, but in an International, it should be fairly easy., I think they have fairly regular footwell shapes, and firewall lines. I have used a factory trapdoor, at the owners insistence, but it just didn't look right, on top of being a pain to install.

On the voltage doubler, it's electronic. The smoke comes out when it does.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Just picked up truck. Working good. Still shifting in auto-mode and no ABS light still.

Now to track down why the trans gear indicator panel is dark. If I unplug the ABS relay, the trans indicator panel shows up properly, but the trans will not work without the ABS relay in. This happened when the dealership was "cleaning up some corrosion on some pins in the harness" when they were also telling me the ABS computer was bad. Mr. Tommy got the ABS working with the same old computer. New one is still in box (but unreturnable). Anyone need a brand new Bendix ABS computer? 

Archived