Pictures of our old truck.

Pete Kildow

1995 Kenworth T600, had not been able to post pics. But found the thread on here, that has the link. Where I can drag and drop a pic,then copy and paste it here. I can do that much.

Truck has 625,000 miles on it. 11.1 Detroit Series 60 engine, 2.93 gears and direct 10 speed trans.

DVM9cSul.jpg "border=0
m3zZPvb.pngClick For Full-Size Image.

IfuxKHBl.jpg "border=0

BcemxoHl.jpg "border=0

event.png

Nice looking truck.  I am partial to Kenworth's and short wheelbases.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

It needs a little work. But for the most part in great shape. Here's a few more pics. Will put a new bumper on it. The paint is not bad, but the top of the hood, cab and sleeper. Has what looks like glue left from the Wrap it had for a few years. Have not had any luck on getting that to come off .

9hizxHVl.jpg "border=0

0veKcYxl.jpg "border=0

GFwF61wl.jpg "border=0

event.png

20 minutes ago, Pete Kildow said:

It needs a little work. But for the most part in great shape. Here's a few more pics. Will put a new bumper on it. The paint is not bad, but the top of the hood, cab and sleeper. Has what looks like glue left from the Wrap it had for a few years. Have not had any luck on getting that to come off .

9hizxHVl.jpg "border=0

0veKcYxl.jpg "border=0

GFwF61wl.jpg "border=0

Go on line and check out rubber eraser wheels... I bought 2 for $10.00 each.  They took off all that residual glue and crap.  You could still see where it had been because of the tape that had been on there over the years.  Surfaces that had not been covered by the tape had lightened.  I've polished the cab twice already.  It keeps on looking better with each polishing.  It did get the glue off.  Bought a cheap electric drill from harbor freight..$20.00 and went to it.  These are the same eraser wheels that the body shops use.

5 minutes ago, chief916 said:

Go on line and check out rubber eraser wheels... I bought 2 for $10.00 each.  They took off all that residual glue and crap.  You could still see where it had been because of the tape that had been on there over the years.  Surfaces that had not been covered by the tape had lightened.  I've polished the cab twice already.  It keeps on looking better with each polishing.  It did get the glue off.  Bought a cheap electric drill from harbor freight..$20.00 and went to it.  These are the same eraser wheels that the body shops use.

Tried one of those, it did take some of it off. But the truck sat in the hot Tx sun for 18 months after the wrap was pulled off.

Guy is getting me a gallon of stuff. His company uses to clean up this stuff. But fear it may be a lost cause.

25 minutes ago, beemergary said:

96 Thats not old-see its a stick shift-Kewl Nice interior. Here's my 84 pushing a Million miles and no rebuild. Didn't look like this when I got itflclFA0l.jpg

but had nice original interior. Getting lots better rowing that 13 speed.

Don't take this the wrong way. But you Sir suck big time. That truck is a dream for sure. I had a 1987 bought. Black and Chrome, Classic numbered truck. Lady 5 miles from me had it. That truck had been sittting with a blown engine. Her Husband dropped a piston in the 400 cummins. That was I think 2005, He had found a good engine. And before he could get it put in. Got sick, found out a few weeks later he had cancer. 

The show Trick my truck had just come out. Buddy of mine loaded it up on a trailer of his. Hauled it to Mo for the guy. Trick my truck turned down his truck. Because it had to have the engine put in also. Guy passed away 3 weeks later. Truck sat in the same spot it was rolled off the trailer. Until 15 months ago. She sold it not sure who bought it. But I had it bought, and someone told her she was selling it way to  cheap.

That truck needed everything new that was rubber. Tree Rats had eaten a lot of the wiring up. Sad but that's life. Wish I had gotten the number of the old ride. But did not write it down. And Yes it was a original classic. Still has the plate on the dash. And paper work where it was ordered was in the Folder he had. This guy had bought the truck in 1989.So 2 owners in all those years.

I may just throw in a 13 speed in mine. Run in direct when I'm not in a rush. Drop the R's on the Detroit. But have the top gears when I need to kick it in the rear.

Again Sir your truck is a fine ride.. Ran one like around 1990. It had 18 double over. When you went back to the dash. Triple digits. 425 cat turned up. I have ran that truck a lot of miles. When it was 110 and still have go peddle left.

event.png

Great looking truck sir!

As mentioned, WD-40 works well to remove sticker residue.  You likely have some paint contamination and fading as well.  I use a Dual Action polisher and Meguiars 205 compound on an orange pad to cut through some pretty nasty stuff.  You can get all that at Harbor Freight if you have one near you.

Attached are a couple of pictures of a Jaguar that I detailed late last year.  I do this as a hobby and pick up a little cash.  It was a 2014 F-Type.  The top of the hood and deck lid were hacked with swirls and scratches from poor wash techniques.  I used the above method which is about as aggressive as I get with paint.  The car turned out really well and, the customer was very pleased.

There are better DA Machines out there, but this one is decent for the price.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-57-amp-heavy-duty-dual-action-variable-speed-polisher-62862.html

These are the aggressive, orange foam pads.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-compoundcutting-foam-pad-63291.html

Link to Meguiar's 205 for reference.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-205-Mirror-Glaze-Professional-Ultra-Finishing-Polish-32-fl-oz/30340874?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227021936826&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839454712&wl4=pla-78652829432&wl5=9010915&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=30340874&wl13=&veh=sem

Other DA Machines -
https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-10813STDCRD-Orbital-Polisher/dp/B009UKUUWE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517463042&sr=8-2&keywords=griots+garage+polisher

https://www.amazon.com/TORQ-TORQX-Random-Orbital-Polisher/dp/B01BKT63LY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1517463144&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=torqx+polisher&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-7424XP-6-Inch-Variable-Speed-Polisher/dp/B002654I46/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1517463193&sr=1-1&keywords=porter+cable+7424xp+polisher

Best of luck and again, Great looking truck!

comp.001.JPG

comp.002.JPG

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

That is nice. love the couch in the back. I put a few miles on a Kenworth back in the 90s and early 2000s.  I will give you some advice.  A roll of duck tape on the floor makes a better cup holder than the factory one. That can gets to bouncing around in the cup holder it makes a mess.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Like someone said some wd40. Should be able to wet sand and then use some 3M Rubbing compound with buffer. Old Pete had sat in barn for 12 yrs. Even got the bill of materials book that came with it. Great for looking up part numbers. Original owners aluminum warrantee plate was in glove box. Did all work myself and could most likely get 2x for what I got into it. 390 rear end not the best but I only drnx2maiWl.jpg

ive 65mph at 1750 rpm. 1400-1500 is more of a sweet spot.

4 hours ago, jenandjon said:

That is nice. love the couch in the back. I put a few miles on a Kenworth back in the 90s and early 2000s.  I will give you some advice.  A roll of duck tape on the floor makes a better cup holder than the factory one. That can gets to bouncing around in the cup holder it makes a mess.

I have not had any issues with the drink holders yet. Last one I ran OTR, put 3500 miles a week on it. Only issue was Ar and LA I40 and I20. But then again you can't keep 25 lbs of lead in the drink holder back then. LOL

event.png

55 minutes ago, beemergary said:

Like someone said some wd40. Should be able to wet sand and then use some 3M Rubbing compound with buffer. Old Pete had sat in barn for 12 yrs. Even got the bill of materials book that came with it. Great for looking up part numbers. Original owners aluminum warrantee plate was in glove box. Did all work myself and could most likely get 2x for what I got into it. 390 rear end not the best but I only drnx2maiWl.jpg

ive 65mph at 1750 rpm. 1400-1500 is more of a sweet spot.

I'm sure you would do better then that. If you were to sell it now. Those trucks are bringing unreal $$ these days. And one as nice looking as yours. There would be a line waiting to hand you cash.

10 hours ago, Stickman81 said:

Great looking truck sir!

As mentioned, WD-40 works well to remove sticker residue.  You likely have some paint contamination and fading as well.  I use a Dual Action polisher and Meguiars 205 compound on an orange pad to cut through some pretty nasty stuff.  You can get all that at Harbor Freight if you have one near you.

Attached are a couple of pictures of a Jaguar that I detailed late last year.  I do this as a hobby and pick up a little cash.  It was a 2014 F-Type.  The top of the hood and deck lid were hacked with swirls and scratches from poor wash techniques.  I used the above method which is about as aggressive as I get with paint.  The car turned out really well and, the customer was very pleased.

There are better DA Machines out there, but this one is decent for the price.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-57-amp-heavy-duty-dual-action-variable-speed-polisher-62862.html

These are the aggressive, orange foam pads.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-compoundcutting-foam-pad-63291.html

Link to Meguiar's 205 for reference.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-205-Mirror-Glaze-Professional-Ultra-Finishing-Polish-32-fl-oz/30340874?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227021936826&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839454712&wl4=pla-78652829432&wl5=9010915&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=30340874&wl13=&veh=sem

Other DA Machines -
https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-10813STDCRD-Orbital-Polisher/dp/B009UKUUWE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517463042&sr=8-2&keywords=griots+garage+polisher

https://www.amazon.com/TORQ-TORQX-Random-Orbital-Polisher/dp/B01BKT63LY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1517463144&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=torqx+polisher&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-7424XP-6-Inch-Variable-Speed-Polisher/dp/B002654I46/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1517463193&sr=1-1&keywords=porter+cable+7424xp+polisher

Best of luck and again, Great looking truck!

comp.001.JPG

comp.002.JPG

Nice job for sure on that paint.

event.png

22 hours ago, NTPA Announcer said:

Hi  Pete !

Are you selling this unit?  I know a guy who travels with us that may be interested if the price were right.

Sorry no, bought it last year. And plan on having it ready to use by April. Will have a 2005 Chevy Kodiak C5500 for sale in the spring.

Pete

event.png

Archived