It Official .....

RickW

... I am no longer the owner of a HDT motorhome.  Actually sold the truck durning the ECR back in April.  The buyer and I had conflicting schedules that until now did not allow us to get together and complete the transaction.  It finally happened yesterday.  I picked the buyer, his wife and a friend up at the airport.  We spent the afternoon going over all the trucks features and some driving lessons.  After getting some much needed rest in a local hotel, they fired up the Volvo and headed to the first place all new RVers go, WalMart.  After a stocking up on a few provisions they were going to start the 1400 mile trek home.

They landed with the ear to ear grin we all get when we buy a HDT.  Have you ever seen somebody with their eyes glazed over and deer in the headlights look but still grinning ear to ear at the same time?  A little overwhelming going over all the systems and features but they are excited and looking forward to their new adventures with their new HDT.  I was told to expect calls and eMails as they get their feet under them and understand everything that was added to the truck over the past 7 years.  I look forward to updates as they make the Volvo their own.

While I had 3 months to prepare myself for the day the truck would no longer be ours, it was still a bittersweet feeling watching somebody else drive off in the truck we had so many fun adventures in over the past 7 years.  The good thing is I still have visitation rights when I see the truck at future rallies.

Here we are watching the truck (without me behind the wheel) pulling out our driveway for the final time this morning.LEAVING.JPG

The buyer is mostly a lurker here.  He has been to the past 2 ECRs.  So you may already know him and his wife.  He does expect to be more active here as his question will now go from hypothetical to actual.  I just hope they do not hurt themselves from grinning so hard.

Now comes the really hard part.  I have to explain to Alex I sold his truck (he only allowed me to drive him where he wanted to go and do all the truck maintenance).ALEX_VOLVO_1.JPG

He likes the new motorhome but just not have the same excitement and enthusiasm that he got each and every time we got in the Volvo.  He would even co-piliot on occasion but he is not the best co-piliot.  He would frequently fall asleep on the job but he always gave it his all in the Volvo.  He loved that truck more than I did.  He will be heartbroken with I break the news to him that the truck is no longer his.ALEX_VOLVO_2.JPG 

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Congratulations Rick. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Congratulations?? I was thinking "what a sad story". 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Sorry for your loss, Rick!

We have walked through and drooled at some of the three axle motor mansions at the rv show and I have contemplated converting an MCI coach into something that replicates a coach that we could never afford to buy from a manufacturer.  BUT it would be hard to give up my truck, plain and simple.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Phil - It is only sad if it meant we were giving up RVing and the life style.  We have only started a different chapter.

John - Funny thing is before buying the HDT I considered buying a bus shell and doing my own custom conversion.  The problem is I have a time management issue.  You have to actually have some time to be able to manage pulling off a project like that.

The positive side of the truck being going is I got a huge chunk of my shop back.  The Jeep & tractor are both occupying the same space as the truck was taking and I can still access my tool boxes with out having to suck in/up my gut!

Last night I did break it to Alex that the truck was no longer his and gone for good.  Boy did I get a go to hell stare for a few hours.  I had to sleep with one eye open last night for fear of what he may do to me if I actually fell asleep.

Sean - Glad your first day with the truck went well.  It only gets better.  I bet you are already thinking about how easy it is now going to be to pull your trailer now but are already thinking about a bigger trailer.  It's only money and you can not take it with you!

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

17 hours ago, Sean217 said:

The truck ran great.  It is fun to drive. Rushour in Memphis was fun, not.  We stopped on Jackson TN for the night.

Thanks again for the hospitality.

Its never fun in Memphis. Jackson is about 40 minutes north of me. Hope you did not get into the storms today anywhere. We had had floods near the MS/Tn state lines.

Enjoy and watch that smile. It may never go away.

Pete

event.png

Got into some pretty good downpours today.  I got a lot of practice in the rain between Nashville and Louisville. After that the sky's cleared and it was smooth sailing to Columbus.

We should should be home tomorrow afternoon.

Sean

They say the best 2 days of a boat owner are the day you buy the boat and the day you sell the boat. The same can be said for a truck. I have been on both sides of the fence but I saw the light. Weather and seasons don't bother us now. Hot turn down the AC' cold turn up the heat. No restrictions on the traveling route. Just point it in the direction you want to go and take off. So to both of you Congrats!!!   Pat

The Old Sailor

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, NTPA Announcer said:

That's Great !! Send pix of your changes in the truck if you will. We are coming your way yet this summer. I'll let you know when. 

No changes in the works right now.  Carolyn did do some interior decorating before we left TX.  Is it the event in Langford?  We'll try to make it there if that's where you are going be.

Sean

Archived