NoDirectionHome

VcHlPfVl.jpg

Saw this in Crossville, TN

9Yy044il.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

There's an old mack not far from me. It has the old coffin Sleeper on back. A guy was looking at it last week. And he was looking at restoring it. And pulling an old Air stream with it. No way in the world would i want to shift that old 5 and 4 trans and hear that old Dog bark for hours.

Pete

event.png

I spoke to a lot of folks when I, at one time, wanted to buy a vintage truck and turn it into a Truck Rod.  They told me that quite a few of them would just ditch the old stock wore out (too expensive to repair) and run built up Cummins 5.9 engines.

I ended up not going that route so I never compared hp/torque between those stock engines and the built 5.9's.

A built 5.9 can turn 6-800hp and 1000fttq with ease.....cam, valve springs, injectors, turbo, tuning, if there is no environmental adaptation...EGR's, DEF, Catalytic converters etc, they run pretty nice.  Look at the marine versions.  3000 RPM at max loading, I've seen them with 12-15000 (thousand) hours on them in trawlers.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived