Insurance LOL

Larry&Donna-AK

As suggested last year we purchased our first insurance policy through Farm&City. We insured the Truck(registered as a Motorhome), Trailer, and Smart. The stipulation from F.C. was the Motorhome&Trailer could only be used together, except the Motorhome could be used for short shopping (grocery) runs. In need of insurance I agreed. F.C. brokered the insurance to Progressive Insurance, remember this. I received my first renewal for the Smart with a $150 annual rate increase. Shocked I telephoned Progressive and the kind agent provided the company words on how the increase was justified for my registered demographics, Alaska. I decided it's time to shop.

I read my local credit union sells auto insurance so I made the call, expecting the worst. They stated "Of course we can insure you". I provided the exact same insurance information for my then current policies. The quote was nearly $600 less annually, I didn't hesitate and said sign me up.  As it turns out we can use our Motorhome as we please towing or not, the Smart cost less than our original policy.  The laugh is our Credit Union brokered us to Progressive Insurance. Go figure! :)

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

It all depends on how much your local insurance salesman wants to make off you. I know 2 agent's there good friends. But I can't get insurance through them. There lifestyles are way above what I can pay. Both live in Million dollar homes. If that tells you anything. And there not shy about telling a person. There in it to make cash.

Pete

event.png

14 minutes ago, wild wolf products said:

It all depends on how much your local insurance salesman wants to make off you. I know 2 agent's there good friends. But I can't get insurance through them. There lifestyles are way above what I can pay. Both live in Million dollar homes. If that tells you anything. And there not shy about telling a person. There in it to make cash.

Pete

Makes Sense

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Can't you just call Flo, girl with the red lips on the ads and ask her to write the policy? And use that nifty tool they have, name your price, or is that another outfit. Or maybe it is the lizard....

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

At the time I never thought of telephoning directly but, again, what rate would they quote?

Maybe some of the Folks seeking insurance can call Flo.  I'm happy :)

1 hour ago, Imurphy907 said:

Larry did you go through AKUSA?

We are insured through Country Financial. They did tell us once we sell the house they won't be able to cover us anymore thou.

Check your mail

Wait, What...a lizard with red lipstick???

I thought it was pigs with red lips that were the problem

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Hi Guys, I hope I am not hijacking this thread but need some insurance help.  My renewal paperwork came in, and I need to shop again.  My policy is now through the roof.  Can i get some suggestions on who to shop for coverage.

I will likely buy liability only.  IF I get comp and collision I am fine with high deductibles.  Now that we are only weekend campers, I would think I can get some good rates.  Thanks for the help.

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

34 minutes ago, Jim Hicks said:

Hi Guys, I hope I am not hijacking this thread but need some insurance help.  My renewal paperwork came in, and I need to shop again.  My policy is now through the roof.  Can i get some suggestions on who to shop for coverage.

I will likely buy liability only.  IF I get comp and collision I am fine with high deductibles.  Now that we are only weekend campers, I would think I can get some good rates.  Thanks for the help.

Jim

There was another thread that suggested calling Miller Insurance (out of Oregon) or Thum Insurance (out of MI). Both quoted me through National General. I got a little better with Miller and went with them for my 5th and HDT. 

Here's the other thread that had more info - 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Hey Jim!  It's been a long time since hearing from you.

I just contacted Miller myself today and will hopefully hear back in the next two days.  No rush, I'm on the road until then.

Good luck, and most certainly call a couple of the other companies mentioned.  C & C sounded like she knew the bus, but was unable to take care of mine being that it is a business that owns the vehicles!!!!  Wonder how that is different than a LLC!?

Take care,

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Thank you BlueLghtning and Rocky,

Rocky it has been a while huh!  Glad to see you are doing well.  I will give all of the above a call.  I look forward to seeing you all on the road.  Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

On 4/12/2017 at 6:07 PM, Larry&Donna-AK said:

Makes Sense

Just look at where insurance companies are spending their marketing dollars.  They sponsor some of the most expensive sports out there.  See how many insurance companies you can count associated with NASCAR and NHRA, just as a for instance.

Marcel

Archived