Condolances

cactus

Cactus, and all. Thank You.

Darren was a great guy. He passed up an "easier" assignment because he enjoyed being a patrol deputy. He liked doing what he did. What he, or any of us for they matter, never expected was to have someone walk up behind him as he pumped gas into his patrol car and shoot him in the back of the head. After he fell to the ground his assassin shot him 14 more times.

The worst part of it all is he left a wife, along with a 12 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. How do you explain to his kids that their father was executed simply because he was wearing a uniform?

Dep-Darren-Goforth_black-bgrd_zpsqltmo9w

Condolences. You all stay safe as well.

Last night I was reading a book and could not recall the last four pages. Had too much on my mind - worried about the younger guys especially. I hate the last call (radio call with the LEO's number not responding) at funerals. Tears me up inside, especially if I look over at the widow or their children.

Condolences also Phil - We just buried one up here today.

This was ugly (well they all are) Motorcycle officer that got trapped under a trailer and drag for 4.5 miles. - http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/09/community_honors_fallen_troope.html

And then to add insult to injury - Three officers on the way to the services

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/09/01/illinois-trooper-on-motorcycle-hurt-in-accident-on-way-to-funeral-for-michigan-trooper-killed-in-motorcycle-crash/

and then there were radio reports of 2 other trooper in the same accident.

I am sorry for your loss and I hope you are being extra careful out there. I try my best not to have to talk to Leo's on the side of the road but I'm sure glad you are out there and I don't want the job. I have no idea when it became open season on people in uniform but it is not right. Take care my friend.

Brad

Archived