Condolances

cactus

Stay safe out there Phil. Seems like a uniform either law enforcement or military has become a target. Son in law is Navy Reserves and just got back from Alaska for training. Was told to not wear his uniform anywhere but on base.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

There are several LEOs here, and I suspect a few we don't know about. I hope they all stay safe. I wouldn't want their jobs, they don't get to deal with happy or honest folks.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Cactus, and all. Thank You.

Darren was a great guy. He passed up an "easier" assignment because he enjoyed being a patrol deputy. He liked doing what he did. What he, or any of us for they matter, never expected was to have someone walk up behind him as he pumped gas into his patrol car and shoot him in the back of the head. After he fell to the ground his assassin shot him 14 more times.

The worst part of it all is he left a wife, along with a 12 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. How do you explain to his kids that their father was executed simply because he was wearing a uniform?

Dep-Darren-Goforth_black-bgrd_zpsqltmo9w

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Condolences. You all stay safe as well.

Last night I was reading a book and could not recall the last four pages. Had too much on my mind - worried about the younger guys especially. I hate the last call (radio call with the LEO's number not responding) at funerals. Tears me up inside, especially if I look over at the widow or their children.

Mark from Missouri

Our Future in an RV

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

2019 Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35’ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

All be safe and Phil I had the opportunity to become a LEO so many years right after I got out of the service. At the time decided I was not right for the job and did not do it. I am so glad that there are people like Phil. They all deserve the respect and support we can give them.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

I am sorry for your loss and I hope you are being extra careful out there. I try my best not to have to talk to Leo's on the side of the road but I'm sure glad you are out there and I don't want the job. I have no idea when it became open season on people in uniform but it is not right. Take care my friend.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Horrible news. I had not seen this till I read the post. I am sorry for your loss. It is unbelievable what some people can do. Stay safe.

2007 Volvo 630 VED12 465hp / Eaton Ultrashift transmission

singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin

2013 Forrest River Sierrra 315RE

2006 Yamaha Rhino

Archived