Duelly and 5th Wheel Try to Outrun Police

hdonlybob

Talk about dummies...

Here are a few pictures of a rig that tried to outrun the Police, close to where I live the other day...

Obviously not a good choice...

This happened on I-90 by Janesville WI..

Cheers,

Bob

410982694.jpg

410982709.jpg

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

They could have been transporting something illegal thinking no body is going to suspect an RV. Still pretty stupid try to escape and evade in that rig. Looks like on the 5thW held up pretty good. Might be good in the advertisements to show the quality. ;)

The pictures look like the same rig but the second looks like it was backed up or something.

Note the sign in the first picture. They may have been over the 8ton weight limit.

It is the same rig...there were several more pictures of it... I just chose these two...and yes, the cables pulling it backwards are clearly visible if you are using a full screen computer...

Cheers,

Bob

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

Can anyone find some details about this? I've tried searching for RV chases and can find nothing. Well I did find that apparently there are a lot more RV police chases than I thought! :) I would like to know why folks run from police in an RV. Just doesn't make sense. They are big. They are slow. And they are somewhat difficult to control. There has to be a good "back story" in this somewhere. Thanks, Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Thanks for the link. I had actually gone to the Gazette page but couldn't find anything that seemed to fit. Nice to know details. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Pfffftttt... Radio! That is a Dodge Ram, it will outrun your puny radio towing a 40 foot fiver, uphill, against the wind and get 25 MPG doing it.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I asked a question at a Dodge dealer today and the salesman practically said the same thing. Of course no one seem to be able to answer my question. :mellow: I think I caused some confusion :blink: so I asked at a Chevy and a Ford dealer and got more confusion :o. Now I will ask here in another topic or thread so as not to hijack this thread.

See topic- dually spare tire- Mar.20,2015

Reminds me of the time I was stopped by a sheriff's deputy in MT. on US 2. I saw him coming towards me and slowing down, so I just pulled onto the shoulder and waited for him to turn around and get to me. When he walked up he was laughing and said you'd be surprised how many try to get away or ignore the lights.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived