The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Steve- I go tomorrow afternoon for my pre-op meeting to have the cataract in my left eye removed on the 14th. Had the right eye done 4 years ago. Wish I had insurance to cover it. It will be nice to see clearly again. Only takes about 15 minutes for the procedure but I still don't like my eyes messed with. Do you know when they will be done?

Our motorhome goes into the shop on April 27th for a 2 week stay to fix our water damaged floor. A racing buddy and his family are moving to Buda just south of Austin. We will be using there motorhome while ours is in the shop.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Too bad all of you cataract sufferers couldn't get together on a group rate! Good luck with the procedure...they'd have to put me under to do it to me.

Jeff, I had no idea that you had saggy floors...good luck with that too!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, one step closer, I got the tires aired, hitch lubed and lugs Torqued today and for good measure I washed the windows on the truck. I also went to Wally World and replaced a few items that I still had room for in the frig but latter made room for one more package of frozen veggies. I'll get those tomorrow. I've got a few things to stow inside the trailer yet but that isn't much of a problem. I'll clean up Sunday and if my clothes basket looks too full take my laundry in but I don't think it will be. 3 days to twiddle my thumbs and hook up then off I go. Yeah, see I can still do it. I was thinking about stopping in Van Horn the first night but it is a very RV UN-friendly town so I don't think I'll spend any money there. Maybe go on to the TRA-Park in Pecos although I don't like that SKP park. Maybe I should just put it on auto-pilot and go all the way to SC and start a new distance race here on the forum. LOL.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Remember Lee,,, no long travel days LOL!!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

What they said Lee!!! :D

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Busy day today. Getting all the thing I forgot. I had made room in the freezer for another big bag of thai stirfry veggies so I went into town early got breakfast then went to Wally World to pick up the veggies. On the way home I stopped and fueled the truck. When I got home I decided I'd check the oil. It was OK but my eye caught a glimps of the DEF filler cap and reminded me that It's been a while since I added any. I started the engin and pushed the button that reads all the fluid levels and sure enough it was down to only 20% left. So back to town to buy some Diesel exhaust fluid. I put in 3 gallons and drove around the block to make the gauge kick in. It did and said OK. I came back home and as I was getting out of the truck I thought maybe I'd better check the propane. That gauge was red as a beet so back to town for propane. I saw a few used kleenex in the cup holder so grabbed those and went in the trailer. When I opened the trash can to toss in the kleenex I got a blast of fumes the smelled like something had crawled in there and died so I took the bag to the dumpster and came back and got out the hose and washed the trash can and wiped it out with clorox. When I got all that stuff put away again I made a cup of tea and sat down to relax but looked up at the clock and it was time for happy hour. When I got over there one of the gals ask me to cut her a small piece of wood to keep some door from coming of the track. I went to the shop and did that then it was time for dinner. I got that out of the way and saw the cup of tea I never got time to drink and I'm setting here sipping the reheated tea and typing this post. It's 8 PM dark out side and I still have to take a shower before going to bed. I'm pooped.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Watch that weather report, Lee. Severe storms are in the direction you are heading. Even if you've had cataracts removed, with the rain this hard you still would't be able to see to drive or pull off to the side of the road. How do I know? Because we've sat in some real strong ones and they're predicting more thunderstorms and hard rain for the next 10 days!!! Not sure what we're going to do but these storms weren't in our plans. Last night was a real "fun" one. Thunder, lightening and beating rain for hours. :(

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

You need a vacation Lee! And Jeri we feel for ya...last year we kept staying one day ahead of tornadoes in that part of the country. after leaving FL for IL. It get's tricky this time of the year in the central U.S. Stay safe y'all!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

It's raining buckets here in Oklahoma today. Started with a thunderstorm in the wee hours of the morning and it's still coming down now. It's supposed to rain off and on all week. We need to send a little of this back to California or somewhere, we've got plenty. Lee you need to air up your water wings when you get this far. :P

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

It's raining buckets here in Oklahoma today. Started with a thunderstorm in the wee hours of the morning and it's still coming down now.

We had some of that thunderstorm last night. Today it is sunny but windy.

They are preparing to do some major roadwork on I-494 just west of us and Dave is being entertained by the machine that moves the concrete barriers back and forth to make the three lanes that are normally all northbound be two south in the morning but two north in the evening so they can close the regular southbound lanes during construction with minimal interruption of traffic. Makes me think of that old sign that says, "Work fascinates me. I can sit and watch it for hours." What can I say, we have no novice RVers trying to park their rigs in our view here in the apartment. Although there was an interesting-looking RV parked at Perkins where we had breakfast this morning.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

This morning I got thinking about the oil check I made yesterday. It was over full by a bunch Black as tar and had little globs of crud in it. I just changed oil 6 weeks ago and the mechanic alerted me about an oil leak. I took it to the chevy place and they dropped the pan and put on a new gasket (under warrentee). They must have put used oil back in it for it to be that dirty. Diesels do have a tendence to make the oil look dirty but not that bad. So this morning I rushed into town to see if Tinley Tee (my favorite service place) could work me in. A cancelation opened the 3 PM SLOT so I lucked out. They flushed it with 6 quarts of oil then changed the filter again and filled it back to the right level. I came home, hitched up, then backed my trailer up to keep the truck from blocking the Exit, made dinner and now I'm going to start putting stuff away so I can hit the road early. If anything else go wrong it will just have to stay wrong.

Well we don't have rain to worry about here in AZ but we sure have more than our share of swarming bees. Every night on the news they talk about it. Hiking the other day we had a swarm move past us on the trail. I hid, Paul watched them swarm past us. We walked past two clusters on the way down, Not sure I like hiking here in the spring :(

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Raining bees?? Not nice! I think I'll just put up with the hail and wind for now. We used to have a few hives of bees when we had the farm, and I think they always had it "in for" me. When I went to collect honey they would hang on the edge of their hive and look at me with their little beady eyes and just wait for my smoker to go out!! :o

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well we don't have rain to worry about here in AZ but we sure have more than our share of swarming bees. Every night on the news they talk about it. Hiking the other day we had a swarm move past us on the trail. I hid, Paul watched them swarm past us. We walked past two clusters on the way down, Not sure I like hiking here in the spring :(

I'd rather have snow than bees. Oops, we do have snow.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Arizona has a fair number of the much more aggressive Africanized bee colonies so you need to treat any swarm here with a lot more caution than you'd normally give them.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I'm in Sandhills State Park near Monahans, Tx. It's just a few miles West of Odessa. I hope that doesn't get me kicked out of the short days drive club. I have an excuse. Van Horn is very un-friendly to RV's and the next stop would have been the Tra Park in Pecos. That is the worst SKP Park in the system. Even Wal-Mart beats that hands down. This state park isn't much better. Very confusing road system and small spaces that are hard to get into Without dropping off the pavement into deep sand. The sand hills are kind of nice but nothing compared to the Emperial Dunes and look like flat land compared to Great Sand Dunes National Park. I'm a little tired, primarily because I didn't sleep well last night. I'll load up on Tylenol and make up for that tonight. I had forgotten that I would loose an hour because of crossing a time zone so I didn't arrive until 3PM. I had planned on getting off the road by 2. One sure gets rusty fast when you don't move regularly. I plan on being over near Ranger Tx. tomorrow night

Another day down. Sunny windless weather all the way. I'm in Mingus Tx at the Cactus Rose RV Park at exit 370 I-20. It's a small but nice park and the owners are very nice people. She looked at my hat and said show me your ID I'll give you the Military discount. When I opened my wallet to show the card she saw the goodsam road service card and gave me another discount. Then took off another $2 and said I know your over 65. Road noise might be a little problem but The interstate is going over an overpass in front of the park and most of the sound is going up over us. With a couple of Tylenol I'll take care of the rest. I got a good rest last night and was off the road again by 2PM so things are better today. My wrists and right shoulder are beginning to scream at me but I'll stop for a 4 day rest tomorrow and take more Tylenol before hitting the road in the morning.

Sounds like you're making progress Lee. I know what you mean about Tra-park. We stayed 1 night there over 3 years ago. Hope it has improved.

Got the cataract removed yesterday. What a difference, not looking through a fog with my left eye. This time they put me under somewhat to perform the surgery. I was still awake but didn't realize they were doing anything until they were almost done. I'll still need readers. Another progress check next week then on 5/11 the final.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Well we finally landed on the east coast. To celebrate we ate at Paula Deen's restaurant here in Savannah. It was fun even though I could only have a small bite of this and one of that.

We've left the bad storms sitting on the Gulf. We haven't seen much in the way of thunderstorms or rain since we left Foley. We did have a little bit of a storm that lasted about 20 minutes tonight. Other than that it was a gorgeous drive getting here and a beautiful day. Golly, I wish those weathermen were better at their jobs!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well we finally landed on the east coast. To celebrate we ate at Paula Deen's restaurant here in Savannah. It was fun even though I could only have a small bite of this and one of that.

We've left the bad storms sitting on the Gulf. We haven't seen much in the way of thunderstorms or rain since we left Foley. We did have a little bit of a storm that lasted about 20 minutes tonight. Other than that it was a gorgeous drive getting here and a beautiful day. Golly, I wish those weathermen were better at their jobs!

We've eaten at Paula Deen's a couple of times. Did the buffet both times. OMG. Thanks some good eatin'. Tina really likes Savannah. :)

Suppose to have a couple of days of thunderstorms here in the San Antonio area. It's been cloudy most days for the last week.

Later.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Hey Jeff, good to hear the eye surgery went well. I've got my initial meeting with the eye doctor next Tuesday to get my first one scheduled. I'm read to not be looking through fog too. It's getting so bad I mistook a glass of ice tea for cranberry juice the other night!! :rolleyes:

Jeri, don't get "butter poisoning there at Paula Dean's. We missed it when we were there, but it was a close call. :D

Lee, glad you're getting a little better rest. At least you don't have to worry about "getting ready" anymore. B)

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"