The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Well, today is the last day of my 60's (turn 70 tomorrow),

Remember back when we thought 30 was old? Now we think they are kids. 70 isn't even old nowadays. Congratulations on making it to another milestone, though.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy Birthday Steve!!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

The Labor Day picnic went well. They cooked the meat outside on our big electric grill (2.5 x 6 ft) then brought it into the air conditioned rec hall to eat. We collected a bunch of folks that use to be active LOW's but now live near by. Good food always brings them out in force. We had grilled chicken, roast chicken. Plain hamburgers and spicy hamburgers and hotdogs. A who bunch of side dishes and pies and cakes. Naturally I stuffed myself to the point having to carry an explosives sign on my back. The bomb squad went back home so I guess I'm out of danger now. This evening I rode around in my golf cart yakking with everyone who dared to come out of their rig. Then sat out back and star gazed for awhile. Life is pretty good Freddy.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Happy Birthday Steve and may you have many more on the road!

Roger & Lynn

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Congrats Steve!!! I'll catch up to you the 14th of Oct. This getting old ain't for sissys, but this lifestyle is great and the friends we have made make it priceless.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

It will be hitting 100 again today then it is supposed to drift downward until next Monday and 80 degrees. I'll have to admitt my electric bill was down by $20 for August. But, it felt just as hot as July. I got my 1040 ES sent in this morning so that's off my mind and my wallet is lighter. This afternoon will be spent getting the crud scrubbed off, and a clean pair of shorts to see the lung doctor tomorrow. (Mama warned me that the first thing doctors do is check to see if you have clean underware on.) (I'll put on a brand new set and maybe it will make him happy so he'll be kind and tell me I'm ok and all I need is a bowl of ice cream.) I kind of suspect he'll tell me to go buy a concentrator. I hope it is no more than that. If it is I'm heading for my nieces's place to see if I can get into Duke Medical Center. I still want to hookup my rig and spend a few days at all the nearby state parks just to make sure I can handle it after being grounded for so long. When that new auto align device for my scope arrives I might go up to city of rocks and play with it a few days. We are at a portion of the sky in early night hours that I'm not real familiar with and there is too much light pollution here at the ranch to find my way around the star patterns. Here I can only see down to magnitude 3 stars. That means I can only see 3 of the 7 stars in the Little Dipper. That's very poor. Have fun but don't get your significant other too angry with you. Lee

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We're crossing our fingers and toes for you. It seems I've done a lot of that lately. Keep us informed on what the doctor says to you. Then, if you need help getting there, let us know and we'll help you.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We're crossing our fingers and toes for you. It seems I've done a lot of that lately. Keep us informed on what the doctor says to you. Then, if you need help getting there, let us know and we'll help you.

Thanks Jeri I know I can count on you but I don't think it will be nessasary. My niece is saying the same thing. She say's we can be here in a flash. But I really don't feel bad. I just get winded when I try to do anything. So I do one thing then rest and catch my breath then go at it again. It just takes a long time to get things done, but I do get them done. I will keep you informed and I'm fairly confident that just a little extra oxygen and I'll be ready to run a race with you. ( well, maybe with a snail or turtle) but I'm a hell tare behind the wheel of that truck. Lee

Well, I'm all scrubbed and waiting to go to the doctor's appointment at 2:50. I turned the drip irrigation on for the trees in back of my trailer. Several of the drip heads were clogged so naturally I went to work on them and got mud on my clean pants. I'm sure glad that doctor is working on the other end cause I'm not changing again. I sponged most of it off so it doesn't look too bad. My appointment was originally set for 3:00 when I went up there with the paperwork they changed it to 2:30. Yesterday when they called to remind me of it they changed it to 2:50. I hope they don't change it again on my way up there. I might have to drive in reverse to back the clock up in order to make it on time. It's nice this morning but it looks like another scorcher for this afternoon. The big mouth weather guy says two more days of 90's then a long string of mid 80's. I hope he's right for a change.

Well, I'm all scrubbed and waiting to go to the doctor's appointment at 2:50. I turned the drip irrigation on for the trees in back of my trailer. Several of the drip heads were clogged so naturally I went to work on them and got mud on my clean pants. I'm sure glad that doctor is working on the other end cause I'm not changing again. I sponged most of it off so it doesn't look too bad. My appointment was originally set for 3:00 when I went up there with the paperwork they changed it to 2:30. Yesterday when they called to remind me of it they changed it to 2:50. I hope they don't change it again on my way up there. I might have to drive in reverse to back the clock up in order to make it on time. It's nice this morning but it looks like another scorcher for this afternoon. The big mouth weather guy says two more days of 90's then a long string of mid 80's. I hope he's right for a change.

We're thinking about you Lee. Good luck with the doctor.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

You did bring a bottle of cranberry juice to bribe the doctor didn't you?

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

You did bring a bottle of cranberry juice to bribe the doctor didn't you?

I should have taken one, then put on a party for all those people in the waiting room. I told the receptionist that they should install a bar and pool table in the waiting room to make the time pass faster. She agreed.

I don't know much more now then before I went to the appointment. I did get one bit of encouragement though. While he was looking at my CT scan he said "I don't see anything of concern. The scars are old scars and nothing can change them". Then he gave me three more appointments for test and told me he had to use three separate appointments or Medicare would not pay for all of them. I'm not sure but I think the test were what he needed to prescribe an oxygen concentrater and get Medicare to pay the bill. My blood oxygen was up 3 points from what the last test showed. So I guess the iron is doing some good. And that's about it.

he had to use three separate appointments or Medicare would not pay for all of them.

That is a common thing with insurance, mine not only needs individual appointments but they must be on different days. Many wasted miles and gas not to mention extra days sitting around sick people and reading a germ infested two year old Vogue or Golf Digest waiting my turn to get poked. :-(

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Lee, that's kind of positive news. The doctor wasn't greatly concerned. We're thinking of you.

There is frost on my Jeep this morning. AAARRRGGGHHH! Got to turn this thing south real soon.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

That is good news Lee!

Jeff, it was only 44 this a.m. here in Caldwell, ID but, I think you may be right. Seen any geese heading south yet?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Sounds like its good news for you Lee. Glad to hear it.

Has anyone every had any problem with Sinclair Diesel fuel? We filled up with it in Idaho Falls before we went to Wyoming. That's where we were the first time it wouldn't start. That's the only thing that we can find to explain why we were having the starting issues. When we left Rock Springs Wyoming we have not had any problem since.

We have had an amazing summer, and got to see almost everything we wanted. Sorry we had to bypass Tom and Dianne, but because of the problems with the windshield, we were in a crunch.

We are now back in Campbellsville Kentucky. Even though we will be working, this feels almost like home. We are not moving for 4 months!!

Have a great fall everyone and are still hoping to get back to Q in Jan.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

The weather liar says 93 for this afternoon followed by a long string of mid 80's. So, I drained the old water out of the fresh tank and refilled it then turned the city water off and will get back to boondock living before I forget how. I've also turned shore power off. I hope I can remember to turn the inverter off when not using it. If all goes well I'll take a short visit to a near by State Park to see how that goes with all the maintenance jobs and set up chores. Maybe I can get back on the road after this lung doctor gets done poking on me. I won't give up my site here at the ranch though. Every one here including the LOW president would like to have this site. It only cost $850 a year because I get half price cause I'm a lifetime member. So I'll pay annually just to keep it.

High fluffy clouds and a slight overcast today. It's only 88 degrees now at nearly 11:00 AM. Maybe I'll make it without that AC running and get back to boondock living. Of course all I have to do if it gets to hot is flip a switch.

Sounds like its good news for you Lee. Glad to hear it.

Has anyone every had any problem with Sinclair Diesel fuel? We filled up with it in Idaho Falls before we went to Wyoming. That's where we were the first time it wouldn't start. That's the only thing that we can find to explain why we were having the starting issues. When we left Rock Springs Wyoming we have not had any problem since.

You may have got some very old fuel at an off the beaten tract station or a little water and crud from the stations tank that was almost empty.

Thanks for the good thoughts. Lee

Hi Sue,

Well I just looked at the 10 day Forecast for my area and they are calling for Chance of Showers on 2 of those days. September is generally a decent month here, if foggy it usually burns off by noon. I think doing some hiking up on Hurricane Ridge would be GREAT this time of year. And if the weather turns bad, your only half a days drive from the other side of the mountains. Which by the way they have tried to Burn to nothing this past summer.

We will be at Discovery Bay the night of the 9th. Just an overnight trip mainly looking to get some pictures of the Low Tide at the little town of Nordland and then hoping for a decent night for Full Moon pictures on the bay. Got this picture in July when we met Jeri and Terry over there.

Joe

just crossed the border back into the US. Feels good!

we're getting out a map, but looks like we are at least somewhat in your neck of the woods.

never been this way before.

We will probably head to the Oak Harbor Elks tonight or tomorrow if we slow down too much :)

Actually changed it to Deception Pass SP :)

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

just crossed the border back into the US. Feels good!

we're getting out a map, but looks like we are at least somewhat in your neck of the woods.

never been this way before.

We will probably head to the Oak Harbor Elks tonight or tomorrow if we slow down too much :)

Actually changed it to Deception Pass SP :)

Right on, that is a great place to spend a little time. I past through there about 6:30 this evening on my way home from up near the Canadian Border. Oak Harbor Elks really is nothing more than a parking lot with a few plug ins. They may have water also. What are your plans for the next few days? Weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend around here.

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I've spent the morning checking batteries and trying to keep my niece from having a fit conipsion. With the batteries in the trailer and the golf cart I have 60 cells to uncap measure then top off if needed. It's beginning to be a full time job and the pay is lousy. As for my niece, she is absolutely livid about what the lung doctor is doing or NOT doing. Especially about all the appointments before finding out what is causeing my shortness of breath. She was an operating room nurse and has just lost two of her previous co workers because doctors treated their symptoms instead of finding out what was causing the symptoms before it was too late to do anything about them. I can see why she is anxious but really don't think I'm that bad off. If it wasn't for the shortness of breath I'd be out chasing wild cowgirls. I really feel pretty darn good except for the breath thing. And that seems to be getting a little better but very slowly. I think she is tring to get me back there so she can keep tabs on me. Oh well, I'm glad I have someone who cares. But she don't need another old man around the house a huffing and puffing. Her husband has worse breathing problems than I do and she has her own list of aches and pains to deal with. Enough on that subject. But. Now I have a real conundrum. What the heck can I talk about. Maybe I can go back to giving Steve a bad time but he's had his share of troubles lately. He needs a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.