The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Is it wrong that I am enjoying that image?

We are having highs in the 50s this week. I sure hope that doesn't mean winter is coming already.

Linda

Sadist.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wasn't the best of days today but started out like it was going to be a winner. I got two packages of things I ordered. One was even here early. The paralellogram binocular mount and tripod came and went together without a hitch. If you don't call two Allen wrenches that came with it but not having any Allen screws to tighten a hitch. I searched every square inch of the mount and tripod and there isn't a single place they can be used. I'm still scratching my head on that one. Then tonight I lugged all my telescope paraphernalia out installed the new star sense auto align camera and set it up out in back ol my trailer. Then I sat and waited for it to get dark. While waiting a bunch of clouds rolled in but there was a clear spot behind them. So I waited for the clouds to pass then turned on the switch to power things up and start the initial alignment. It checked a couple things then said "waiting fot the SSA (that means the camera.) after about a minute it displayed an error message saying the camera wasn't ready and may need reset. Then instructed me to turn the scope power off then back on again. I did and it started over. This went on for about 6 repetitions alway ending with the same error message. So I tore down everything and lugged it back in the rig. I'm totally bushed and not looking forward for tomorrow's phone calls to support trying to get a remedy.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We got back from Viginia yesterday and are sure enjoying this Pacific NW weather much more than there. At least it's not hot and humid. I took the computer back I bought from Costco in July and now am struggling with setting up another one. My tablet has been having hiccups too. I sure don't like being without a computer.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

There is a big storm just north of us heading this way. On radar it looks like a doozy. I hope it don't pack very strong winds. I don't need to be rocked to sleep tonight. If you see my SOS signal send a life boat.

I ate breakfast in town this morning then came straight back to the ranch to water my trees. When I got back I found that our old gardener had watered them. Good, but the last time she watered was August 18th and the next time before that was July 18th. 2 of the trees were newly planted trees in July. They need water every other day and the others need it about every 4th day to cope with the 100 + days we were having. I think I'll be checking every day to see when she waters and give them a drink when she doesn't. Her rememberer doesn't work near as good as her forgetter. Mine also but I keep track by marking the calendar.

When lunch time rolled around I got out the sandwich making stuff only ti find I didn't have a single slice of bread. Back to town again and while there I ate lunch then darn near came home again without the bread. The bread I use will only make about 6 sandwiches per loaf. I should buy two loaves and start trying to remember to get a loaf after using one of the loaves.

The storm last night missed or got tuckered out and pulled into a motel for the night. There are plenty of clouds this morning and the temperature got down to 56 this morning. It is 11:30 AM now and only 64 degrees. I wore my winter jacket while taking my walk. After months of 100+ degree weather it felt darn right cold out there with a 15 MPH breeze behind it. The park looks deserted today everyone is staying cooped up inside. I did a few chores outside but soon ran out of steam and had to come in and rest. And that is the latest from the Ranch.

Lee, it only got up to 63 here in Lima, OH today. I agree - that is cold. So I'm inside where it's nice and cozy. We didn't even unhitch today so we don't have to spend that much time outside in the morning.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

It is "cold" here, too. For the season anyway. I was looking at temps elsewhere and it looks like Durham, North Carolina, is a good place to be this week. Now if I just had that Delorean.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We've seen Lynn and Roger the last few days while they've had work done on the "Beave" here in Bend, Or. Yesterday we went to Sisters and walked around. Also had lunch there. It's been great to catch up with them. Real nice Lodge but the RV spaces are real tight. It's cool here in the mornings in the 40's, did have the 30's one morning. Tomorrow we head south into California where it is warmer. :)

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We've seen Lynn and Roger the last few days while they've had work done on the "Beave" here in Bend, Or. Yesterday we went to Sisters and walked around. Also had lunch there. It's been great to catch up with them. Real nice Lodge but the RV spaces are real tight. It's cool here in the mornings in the 40's, did have the 30's one morning. Tomorrow we head south into California where it is warmer. :)

Jeff

Uh, Houston we still have a problem! Jeff, after we got back yesterday, we noticed a couple more puddles under the Beave. One is coming from the new fuel tank sensor and the other is under my Hydo-Hot boiler. Steve, the service tech that lives in his Beaver a few spots over was good enough to come over and verify the sensor leak on his day off. And the other is coolant that is now a new item to add to the "cha-ching list". Looks like we'll be here at least another day. Good thing that we decided to stay over til Monday or we'd have been on the road again looking for more fixes. Life is still good! :rolleyes:

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Another Sunday, what can I say. It's dead around here as it is every Sunday. About all I have done so far today is water a couple trees. We had a diner set for tonight at the truck stop. The guy that started it and asked me and three others to go, came over this morning and begged off. I think I'll take the others anyway and invite someone else to take his seat. Oh this full time RV life. We don't have any swimming pools to clean. Leaves to rake, grass to mow, gutters to clean or gardens to care for and we can't use water to wash our vehicles so our Sundays are pretty boring. Isn't it GREAT?

Edited by IYQ

Uh, Houston we still have a problem! Jeff, after we got back yesterday, we noticed a couple more puddles under the Beave. One is coming from the new fuel tank sensor and the other is under my Hydo-Hot boiler. Steve, the service tech that lives in his Beaver a few spots over was good enough to come over and verify the sensor leak on his day off. And the other is coolant that is now a new item to add to the "cha-ching list". Looks like we'll be here at least another day. Good thing that we decided to stay over til Monday or we'd have been on the road again looking for more fixes. Life is still good! :rolleyes:

You guys are bound to bug free here pretty soon. Now is the time to find whatever there is left and get it fixed.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Looks like we'll be here at least another day. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow we head south into California where it is warmer. :)

Roger and Lynn, sorry to hear about the rig trouble. where you headed from Bend? We are on our way down thru Springfield OR headed to Crater Lake for a day or so.

Jeff,

we'll keep an eye out for you guys as we are headed back to Fresno.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Sue & Paul, that would be great to see you two whenever we get outta here. Waiting on the the shop to open up this a.m. so I can give 'em the "good news". A bunch of Beavers arrived yesterday for their service appointments and I'm not sure where we will land on the schedule to fit us in. Will say adieu for now to Tina & Jeff this a.m. when they stop by here to dump...sure wish that we were heading with them! I think that when we do get out we'll head down to the SKP park in Sutherlin, OR for a spell. Do you have a CG picked out for Crater Lake? That's on our bucket list!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Sue- We plan on staying in Chico for a few days or a week then toward Reno. Across Nevada to Moab, back toward Las Vegas by the first of November. It's been a long time since we've seen you and Paul. Maybe our paths will cross, if not we'll see you in Q.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

I thought I better get in here and see what's going on. Sounds like everyone is moving around a bit. Here it is the middle of September and we had the air conditioner on yesterday. It hit 90 degrees!! Of course, it wasn't as bad as the east coast with all that humidity. Terry's getting the paint brush out today and going to change us from green to tan-ish. Hopefully, most of the paint won't be on him. Today's his birthday so that's what he's doing to entertain himself. Tomorrow we're off to Fry's in south Portland. That's about our update. Let us know if you pass through this way Sue and Paul.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I thought I better get in here and see what's going on. Sounds like everyone is moving around a bit. Here it is the middle of September and we had the air conditioner on yesterday. It hit 90 degrees!! Of course, it wasn't as bad as the east coast with all that humidity. Terry's getting the paint brush out today and going to change us from green to tan-ish. Hopefully, most of the paint won't be on him. Today's his birthday so that's what he's doing to entertain himself. Tomorrow we're off to Fry's in south Portland. That's about our update. Let us know if you pass through this way Sue and Paul.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Terry.

My "jello ball" has me leaving to head south on the 14th of October. Will spend 3 weeks in Pahrump' NV., then ???????????

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Sue & Paul, that would be great to see you two whenever we get outta here. Waiting on the the shop to open up this a.m. so I can give 'em the "good news". A bunch of Beavers arrived yesterday for their service appointments and I'm not sure where we will land on the schedule to fit us in. Will say adieu for now to Tina & Jeff this a.m. when they stop by here to dump...sure wish that we were heading with them! I think that when we do get out we'll head down to the SKP park in Sutherlin, OR for a spell. Do you have a CG picked out for Crater Lake? That's on our bucket list!

Roger

We are thinking Mazama campground in Crater Lake NP as a place to stay. We should be there in a few days, let us know if you make it there :)

Jeff, sounds like you will be moving too fast for us to catch you, but we'll keep an eye on it.

Jeri, I am sure you won't be surprised to hear we are staying along the coast long enough to pass thru Tillamook. Yum!!

After that its straight to Springfield OR to pick up a solar panel for the camper before heading to Crater Lake.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Quarzsite. Paul and I were talking about having a repeat of our Quesadilla and Margarita night.

we also just booked (egads) SIX WEEKS at a resort in Lake Havasu, starting mid February.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I spent the afternoon remembering why I never got married again. One of the cowgirls here at the Ranch needed to go to the pet motel to find out what she needed to do to board her dog for a week while she flew to California to get her stored stuff and rent a u-hayl to bring it back. Then she wanted to go to the grocery. So, I spent most of the afternoon sitting in the truck listening to music waiting for her. I knew there was a reason I never remarried. Now I know why. Now I'm sleepy time for a Steeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by IYQ

I spent the afternoon remembering why I never got married again. One of the cowgirls here at the Ranch needed to go to the pet motel to find out what she needed to do to board her dog for a week while she flew to California to get her stored stuff and rent a u-hayl to bring it back. Then she wanted to go to the grocery. So, I spent most of the afternoon sitting in the truck listening to music waiting for her. I knew there was a reason I never remarried. Now I know why. Now I'm sleepy time for a Steeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lee, I spend a lot of time sitting in our truck reading while Jim is in the hardware store or the auto parts store. All part of the job. tee hee We're in Fairlea, WV tonight at the fairgrounds.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Happy Birthday Terry!

We've stopped at the Redding Elks for a week. Lots of smoke in the air. Weather channel says it 97 degrees here now, both ACs are working overtime. This place is full tonight. Going in for some pulled pork, beer and watch some football later.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

we also just booked (egads) SIX WEEKS at a resort in Lake Havasu, starting mid February.

Sue

Who are you and what have you done with Soos? LOL!

We booked 6 months at Citrus Park in Bonita Springs, FL starting in November and we'll probably show up early...

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Happy birthday Terry...39?!!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Happy Birthday Terry, buy all the toys you can it might not work next week.

I'm over in the shop this morning. The wifi signal is good over here and non existent at my trailer. It's a Damp Nice Day today. Clouds and rain wandered into these parts last night and drizzled all night long and don't want to leave this morning. It's a little on the cool side but I'm not complaining. I went to the lab at the hospital this morning to let the vampire have a little blood for breakfast and will have to go back this after noon to get a copy of the results to take to the doctor in Silver City tomorrow afternoon. It's going to be a nice day to take a nice long Steve. Toss me a life jacket. bubble bubble blub blub.