The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

just crossed the border back into the US. Feels good!

we're getting out a map, but looks like we are at least somewhat in your neck of the woods.

never been this way before.

We will probably head to the Oak Harbor Elks tonight or tomorrow if we slow down too much :)

Actually changed it to Deception Pass SP :)

Jump in Joe but Deception Pass is quite noisy being that it is almost across the street from the Air Force base.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee, don't worry about giving me a hard time, I'm ex Air Force and can take it with no problem. Remember we always had planes and could fly to another safe place (that had clean sheets and good food), so no sweat! But, make us mad and we can precision bomb your a**. I hope your doctor can figure out something to help you, if not we'll try to get enough oxygen into you by diverting the flux capacitor to oxygen production and see if we can do a assimilation procedure. It should work, if it doesn't dilute your cranberry juice immunization system. Hang in there, we need your wisdom and advice this winter when we meet up in "Q" or wherever!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Jump in Joe but Deception Pass is quite noisy being that it is almost across the street from the Air Force base.

We spent one night there. It wasn't too bad, but pricy. Gave us the chance to do the hike we wanted tho.

Tonight we are at the Spiker RV Resort after having a great evening with Joe and Sharon :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

The WiFi has been down for the past 3 or 4 days and my MYFI signal is week. The storm we had a few nights ago must have messed something up bad. Or maybe it was Fly Boy Steve doing a practice persision bombing run. That's ok we army guys are accustom to the flyboys bombing their own troops. I think it has something to do with the Bbbbaaaaaaaaaaaadddd Whiskey. I was a fly boy in the old Army Air Corps when they made the Air Force and they put me in it. But I escaped after 6 years and went back to the Army. Whew.

It's a nice cool morning but cloudy. It should be a nice day for getting something done. I got the batteries watered yesterday and wouldn't you know the sun popped through as soon as I started and about fried what little brain I have left. As soon as I finished the sun went back behind the clouds. Steve must be playing with that flux capacitor again. Today I have to make a trip to Wally World for groceries. That should take care of my walking exercise. Then I think I'll go over to the shop and see what trouble I can get myself into. I might build some small boxes to replace a couple of those plastic trays with all the square holes in them. Every time I put something in the plastic jobs it falls out through the holes. Or, maybe I should build a bomb shelter.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We spent one night there. It wasn't too bad, but pricy. Gave us the chance to do the hike we wanted tho.

Tonight we are at the Spiker RV Resort after having a great evening with Joe and Sharon :)

Yep Paul and Sue showed up here looking tired and hungry. :lol: So after some standing around gabbing it was off to town for Mexican Food. Of course there was a whole lot more gabbing there and then even more when we returned to the Ole Homestead. And all youse ears should have been burning cause we talked about everyone. :P It was a GREAT evening and of course it was good seeing Paul and Sue once again.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Spiker RV Resort - one of the best. Joe is a fantastic cook too. Great host.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Jeri - we are in Iowa tonight and Illinois tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to the heat and humidity in VA but family is calling. The weather was really great in South Dakota (except for the WIND when the cold front came through).

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Jeri - we are in Iowa tonight and Illinois tomorrow night. I'm not looking forward to the heat and humidity in VA but family is calling. The weather was really great in South Dakota (except for the WIND when the cold front came through).

The humidity is even worse than the heat. It makes me appreciate the west coast summers. We'll only be here three more days so we can handle it.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We are certainly enjoying this summer on the west coast more than we did on the east coast last year weather wise. Even though there is much more to see over there we are not looking forward to the over population and humidity. But we will go back.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Jim and Sandie, I think we were parked right down from you last night. If we had known, we would have come down and said Hi. We are at the fairgrounds for another week. Jeri, when are you guys going to be in South Dakota. When we leave Sioux Falls, we are heading to Rapid City for at least 2 weeks. Would be nice to meet up with you.

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com

Lyn - actually we aren't sure whether we will be on Sioux Falls or Rapid City but it will be Tueaday.. It's just us. Our motorhome and Duchess are north of Portland still. Terry needs to renew his driver's license so when we leave Virginia , we will head in that direction. It depends on where we can get the best flight but probably won't figure that out until tomorrow. Our grandson has kept us pretty busy and I've had no time to work on it. I think we can renew anyplace in the state. Isn't that right?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

My going off the grid was short lifted. First, my 12 volt cigarette lighter plugs shorted out due to a design fault in the plug. Then my DC O2-Cool fan burned out after 6 years of use. They no longer make that model so I bought the replacement model. Guess what neither the AC or DC adapter from the old model will fit the new model. So, I'm without a fan until I hear from o2-Cool. You can't just order the adapters you have to email them and ask about the adapters first. Wait for an answer then hopefully order the adapters and wait for them to arrive. If they drag it out too long I'll just junk this new fan and buy from someone else. Why do companies treat customers like dirt then expect to retain them as customers. I've also just crossed Amazon off my list of trusted stores. I tried to opt out from merchandising email so they sent back an email that they would not send any more email about the one product. Then gave me a list a mile long of other products that I would be getting email from them about. I've entered a rule in my email program to send all email with the word Amazon in the address directly to the trash and will not order from them again. If I can't find the product somewhere else I'll just do without. Grrrrrrrrr. Oh Well, at least they gave me something to gripe about.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well, I got my 12 volt receptacles changed and even fixed the old one yesterday. I glued a piece of rubber band in between the parts on the plug that were shorting. put it back together and walla It works fine. Now I have a total of 13, 12 volt plugs. One is where it is useless. That's the original one that came in the trailer. Now all I need to do is buy enough toys to use them all. :)

When I got up this morning the humidity was 99%. I didn't think it got that high on the desert even when it was raining. I guess our monsoon liked it so much here it didn't want to leave. However the temperatures are staying cool. The weather prevaricator says we are in for two days of 90 degree weather then back to the mid eighties for the duration. Accuweather says we are going to have 70's and 80's throughout September and October. I can handle that, anytime.

I'm over in the shop this morning midway through my walk. I have the doors open and am enjoying the cool morning. I think I'll carve for a few minutes while here. There is nothing pressing I have to do today. The trees are scheduled to be watered but I think that can wait until tomorrow with as much humidity as we are getting and hardly any sun. I'm hoping the stuff I have ordered starts coming in today. Playing with new toys is almost as good as playing with the cowgirls.

Lee, If you need any help buying all those electronic gadgets be sure to let us know. We can help you spend your money.

Linda

Ok, what electronic toy should I buy (for me that is) I would have sent you the money but I couldn't figure a way to attach it to this post or email it. Besides I'm the one with all the 12v plugs so naturally the toy should come to me. :) Edited by IYQ

It's tree irrigation day today so I'll stick around here until noon to turn it back off. Then I think I'll go to Wally World and see if they have a wifi antenna and amplifier. My Willson trucker and soho amplifier seems to have bitten the dust. I'm as far as you can get in this park from the wifi antenna.

It's sunny today and is supposed to hit 90 with 50% humidity. I think they change the forecast about every hour just to keep us tuned in. I should have been a weather man and got paid no matter how wrong I was. I think my weather rock has a better batting average. Just think if I had been a weather man I'd have enough money to buy an airplane to fly over to Shawnee and steal that ice cream machine while Steve is away with Bessy Bus.

Ok, what electronic toy should I buy (for me that is) I would have sent you the money but I couldn't figure a way to attach it to this post or email it. Besides I'm the one with all the 12v plugs so naturally the toy should come to me. :)

Have you seen the watch Apple announced today? "Calling Dick Tracey." :)

I only use 4 of my plugs regularly. One for the tablet, one for the phone, one for the computer, and one for the O2Cool fan. OK, only two of those are actually using my 12v outlets but that's what plugs in above my desk. Oh, my GPS plugs into one up front. I suppose I could buy a 12v TV and some 12v appliances but...

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Have you seen the watch Apple announced today? "Calling Dick Tracey." :)

I only use 4 of my plugs regularly. One for the tablet, one for the phone, one for the computer, and one for the O2Cool fan. OK, only two of those are actually using my 12v outlets but that's what plugs in above my desk. Oh, my GPS plugs into one up front. I suppose I could buy a 12v TV and some 12v appliances but...

Linda

Don't ask me to name all the things I have plugged into my 12v outlets. I'd have to follow all the cords to see what they come from. Of the 12 usable plugs I only have 4 empty and one of those is reserved for my o2-Cool fan when the adapters I ordered get her. The adapters from my old fan that burned out don't fit the new fan. My Star sense auto align camera for the telescope came today but it gets it's power from the scope mount. The three plugs that are left can charge my android phone, verizon MYFI and IPad. So I guess I can't buy any more toys. Boo hoo.

• Hang in there Lee, pretty soon they will come out with "wireless" 12V wire connections and you will be able to hook up all the toys you want. :lol: We moved to Wolford Lake, just north of kremmiling Colorado to visit some RV friends that we met three years ago and haven't been able to catch up with since. This lake is a fisherman's paradise and I might even be tempted to buy a Colorado license to try it out. Our neighbors were given a mess of trout yesterday and we had them for supper last night and were they ever good. She is a gourmet cook and did a parchment paper baked version that sure tasted fine. Now we have to cook them dinner tonight, so I'll have to go into town and see what kind of hot dogs they have on special. :rolleyes: Ok, Ok, I didn't mean it, we're having pork medallions with grilled veggies and a fine cranberry juice. Hope that will work. Supposed to be in the 30's here tonight, so I may have to crank up the furnace. Beautiful place though! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I tried to mount my new Auto Alignment Camera to the telescope today. The screws they say to use are too short. I went to the hardware to buy some slightly longer screws. We tried every screw in the place. Both AMERICAN STANDARD AND METRIC. Not a single one fit. The closest was metric M4-12 .70 pitch. But it screws in only about 2 threads and starts to bind. If it were tightened it would strip the screw or the hole on the scope that it goes into. Rats. I sent the manufacture an email. I hope it brings a solution. The only other accomplishment today was re-stringing in my outside chair. Let's say it let me down the last time I used it.

The weather is beautiful today but a little on the warm side. 90 Degrees.

Hi all

looks like a few people are on the move south - Including us !

quick update:

We spent most of July & august around the great lakes - weather was awesome - and lots of lighthouses and water falls. Had no idea Michigan and Minnesota had so many water falls.

We have now left Lake Superior and moving south to Omaha for a long visit with the granddaughters - Ok and the son and daughter in law too!

As Mike said when I laid out the route south:

"guess I better not get in front of the Grandma Bus"

Our Jello plans are Omaha - then OKlahoma and Arkansas - on to Texas for awhile - then of course rally time in the desert sometime in January???

Safe travels everyone - look forward to seeing all of you in the desert this winter.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

The only other accomplishment today was re-stringing in my outside chair. Let's say it let me down the last time I used it.

Is it wrong that I am enjoying that image?

We are having highs in the 50s this week. I sure hope that doesn't mean winter is coming already!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van