The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Hey Sue & Paul

That's as pretty as the Dallas Cow Girls. Thanks for sharing.

I went to town for breakfast this morning to get my weekly cackle berries. It feels like it's going to be a scorcher today. I think I'll leave the post from Mike and Deb showing on my tablet to help cool things down. But for me it looks like an inside day. I might see if I can find that windshield cleaning app Steve was talking about. It may be a little difficult for me to find. I don't have any of that baaaaaaad whiskey like he does to help me see things.

I went the other way around the ranch on my walk this morning. I wanted to see if it would make me un-tired instead of tired like my usual walk does. I don't think it worked cause I'm ready for a very long Steve now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those who don't do Facebook or my blog---

I sure am glad we hung around up north long enough to see this! Absolutely spectacular!!!!!!

more pictures on my blog page. Staying up all night finally paid off!

aurora2%2520%252857%2529.JPG

aurora2%2520%252838%2529.JPG

Sure

GREAT JOB Sue.

Ok, any idea when you guys are going to be around Olympic National Park?

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I sure am glad we hung around up north long enough to see this! Absolutely spectacular!!!!!!

aurora2%2520%252857%2529.JPG

aurora2%2520%252838%2529.JPG

Sure

GREAT JOB Sue.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Beautiful, Sue. We got to see those lights once from a lakeshore dividing Minnesota from Canada but they sure weren't as brilliant as yours. I agree, worth waiting for.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It got to 99 today. That liar at the weather station said it would only get to 92. After getting use to the cool weather we have been having this stuff today took all the get up and go out of me. It's 7 o'clock now and still 96. There is not a cloud in the sky so maybe I'll cool off by sitting out star gazing for a while tonight. We have another party planned for Monday. I took a big fruit platter for the last on and it went over well. I'm wondering what I can get to take to the one Monday. The club is furnishing the meat but I don't know what it will be. Maybe I can find some deviled eggs. Wally World didn't have any Thursday when I looked. If I can't find some I'll just slice up some cheese. That plate always comes back empty. Tomorrow night a bunch wants me to take them to the truck stop. none of them has a second vehicle or a truck that will hold 5 passengers. Here I thought they liked my company and it's the truck they like. Oh well, I'll get a free meal out of it. But it won't be as good a Jeri's left overs or the ice cream from that ice cream machine that Steve keeps hid away. I come to the conclusion that I'm the champion of saying nothing when I post and useing the most words to say it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I come to the conclusion that I'm the champion of saying nothing when I post and useing the most words to say it.

Lee, I look forward to reading your forum journal every day. I always get a kick out of the exploits of the goat head killer/ice cream machine hunter. Some day when I grow up I wanna be just like you...keep 'em coming dude! :lol:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Guest coldsmoke

ok snowwwwwwwwwwwww on the mountains all around us !!!!!! 33 this morning..... so we will be leaving on the 8th,, have to close up the ice cream shop on 6th clean the 7th then on the road the 8th....

we will probably pop up in Washington area seattle , Spokane , still not sure,,, maybe over to Montana , Wyoming ,, hmmmmmm so many choices ..

mike and deb

ok snowwwwwwwwwwwww on the mountains all around us !!!!!! 33 this morning..... so we will be leaving on the 8th,, have to close up the ice cream shop on 6th clean the 7th then on the road the 8th....

we will probably pop up in Washington area seattle , Spokane , still not sure,,, maybe over to Montana , Wyoming ,, hmmmmmm so many choices ..

mike and deb

Mike and Deb: Go ahead rub it in. We will be looking at 100+ this afternoon and no relief in site for the next 10 days or so. The weather has been crazy here. the last couple of weeks it has been cool (mid 80's) now it's back to mid summer temps again. We'll get even with you when you get down here and start sweating while it feels cool to us.

Another clear sunny day in LOW land. I got a little winded on my walk this morning so I dropped into the bunk house to shoot the bull with the coffee crowd. WOW some of the jokes they were telling. Way to hot for my delicate ears. So, I put my pants back on and went on home. It was the gals that were telling the jokes this time. The guys usually get cussed out for even hinting about something that raw. Mama never warned me about this situation.

I'm going to order some more Mesquite flour this afternoon so we can put on another Desert Breakfast in October when the gang is all here. While I'm at it I'll order that Star Sense Auto Align for my telescope and a Parallelogram mount for my Binoculars. The binocular mount will allow me to lie in the lounge chair with Binoculars held over me and allow me to push them away or bring the closer without changing what they are pointed at and allow long views without getting my arms tired holding the heavy 70mm binos. I'm not getting lazy. I did that a long time ago. I've got a few mosquito bites the last few night I've sat outside. I'll also order a Therapik. It's a tiny device that has and infrared light in it. when you get bit or stung by Skeeters, bees, ants etc. you put the Therapik over the bump and press which turn the light on and heats the area which kills all the venom and stops the itch instantly. And, it don't come back. I have been just using a cup of hot coffee in a ceramic cup. I hold the bottom edge of the cup on the bump as long as I can stand it. It does the trick but I have to get a new cup of coffee or tea every time I get bit. I learned that trick when I was fishing and sat on a trail of fire ants. It worked so I've been using it every since. Well off I go through the cosmos to Amazon's order desk. Lee

Do any of you fine folks own a Jeep Wrangler with an Automatic Trans as a Toad?

I am looking to get a Jeep as a toad. Being as my DW can't drive a Stick Shift,due to knee problems, and I do not want to, after driving a Semi for over 30 years. Are the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon's with Automatic capable for 4 down towing. I tried to look at te owners manual online but I'mnot going to spend money to look at one on line. Calling the dealer is no help all they want to do is sell you something you don't want. I saw a used one for $48000.00 (2011)@Carmax, if I'm going to spend that I buy a new one.

Remember..."Without Truck Drivers America Stops" 

"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"Take me to the Brig....I want to see the real Marines" Lt.Gen. L.B. "Chesty" Puller during a Battalion inspection.
"Semper Fi"

I am looking to get a Jeep as a toad. Being as my DW can't drive a Stick Shift,due to knee problems, and I do not want to, after driving a Semi for over 30 years. Are the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon's with Automatic capable for 4 down towing. I tried to look at te owners manual online but I'mnot going to spend money to look at one on line. Calling the dealer is no help all they want to do is sell you something you don't want. I saw a used one for $48000.00 (2011)@Carmax, if I'm going to spend that I buy a new one.

I have an '87 Wrangler with an automatic. Just put the transfer case in neutral leave the transmission in park. I also have to unlock the steering column but I don't think the new ones are that way. Shop around before you buy.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

aurora2%20%2857%29.JPG

aurora2%20%2838%29.JPG

Sue those are some cool pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Sure

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Lee, there has to be more to this story?Jeff

It does sort of leave you hanging doesn't it.

5 of us went to the truck stop tonight. The guy that set it up and asked me to drive forgot his wallet. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so embarrassed. I slipped him a 100 so he could pay the bill. When we got home he hurried into his rig and came out waving his wallet with a big smile on his face and repaid me. Maybe that will forgive a sin or two that I've committed. I was glad I could help him out of the pinch. Dinner was fine and lots of good table talk. On the way back we went through town and stopped at McDonald's for a soft ice cream cone. Their darn machine was broke down. I guess my good deed wasn't worth much or I had too many sins for it to forgive.

My Jeep Wrangler is a 2006 automatic and its towable 4 down. Both the manual & auto are towable, since its the 4x4 transfer case neutral that allows it. some minor difference by model year, but in general, all the Wrangler 4x4's are towable.

... Are the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon's with Automatic capable for 4 down towing.

Jim

GREAT JOB Sue.

Joe

Joe,

I am trying to convince Paul to spend a week at Olympic, doing some serious hiking (ate too much in Alaska).

Whats the weather usually like in September? Paul is thinking it will be foggy and rainy and we just had the rainy summer from hell and are looking to escape it!!

He is leaning towards the other side of the Cascades, but I am leaning towards the coast!

Let me know what you think!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I have an '87 Wrangler with an automatic. Just put the transfer case in neutral leave the transmission in park. I also have to unlock the steering column but I don't think the new ones are that way. Shop around before you buy.

Jeff

My Jeep Wrangler is a 2006 automatic and its towable 4 down. Both the manual & auto are towable, since its the 4x4 transfer case neutral that allows it. some minor difference by model year, but in general, all the Wrangler 4x4's are towable.

SKP on the GO and Jim2

Thank you very much, for the quick reply. Now it's no longer clear as Mud. (my question)

I called the local Jeep Dealer thinking it was still McCune Chrysler Jeep Dodge I guess they finally sold out. They were in the same location for over 50 years. Any Way they are now called Perry Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram the sale man I talked to would not answer my questions when I told him I was going to buy a Jeep in a couple of months he wanted my SS Number and any other info he could get to get me pre approved in their credit department. To top it off when I kept asking the question I wanted to know he became dumber than the two guy's in the movie Dumb and Dumber! or to explain it more clearly he seemed dumber than a rock!

Remember..."Without Truck Drivers America Stops" 

"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"Take me to the Brig....I want to see the real Marines" Lt.Gen. L.B. "Chesty" Puller during a Battalion inspection.
"Semper Fi"

We purchased a 2009 Jeep Wrangler X and tows well. On that model year you don't need to turn the key on accessory to keep the steering from locking. If we had to do it over we would've gone for the four door...more room and easier to access the back seats. At the time we were thinking that we wanted less length when towing it. I would imagine that the four door would give you a longer wheel base and easier handling but, we've adjusted. Jeff, recommended a a V6 and hard top. Both good ideas as ours has a T-bar top and very easy to remove the driver/passenger roof panels if we want some scenery. Discovered after purchase that it can be difficult to shift the transfer case into neutral. Did some research on the Jeep Forum and found that the common culprit is a 25 cent plastic linkage part that can can be replaced with a metal one. So, be sure and try the shifting before purchase. Maybe I can get Jeff to help me with that next time we run into him and Tina! :D

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Joe,

I am trying to convince Paul to spend a week at Olympic, doing some serious hiking (ate too much in Alaska).

Whats the weather usually like in September? Paul is thinking it will be foggy and rainy and we just had the rainy summer from hell and are looking to escape it!!

He is leaning towards the other side of the Cascades, but I am leaning towards the coast!

Let me know what you think!

Sue

Hi Sue,

Well I just looked at the 10 day Forecast for my area and they are calling for Chance of Showers on 2 of those days. September is generally a decent month here, if foggy it usually burns off by noon. I think doing some hiking up on Hurricane Ridge would be GREAT this time of year. And if the weather turns bad, your only half a days drive from the other side of the mountains. Which by the way they have tried to Burn to nothing this past summer.

We will be at Discovery Bay the night of the 9th. Just an overnight trip mainly looking to get some pictures of the Low Tide at the little town of Nordland and then hoping for a decent night for Full Moon pictures on the bay. Got this picture in July when we met Jeri and Terry over there.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Guest coldsmoke

dang lee,,im sweating already..... its 32 this morning,,, more snow creeping down on us,, at least it isn't raining.. worst year for rain on record.

hope to see you this winter

mike and deb

We tow a 2012 4 door Jeep Rubicon and towed a 2008 2 door before that and had great luck with both. Like Roger said, starting in the 2009's you don't need to leave the switch in ACC to keep the steering wheel from locking. After owning both a 2 and 4 door Roger is correct in saying the 4 door's road habits are a bit better (my opinion) and the extra room is nice.

On the tighter trails the 2 door is nice and has less chance of high centering but the 4 door is nice when you are doing the really steep up / downhill stuff. You know the ones that you feel like you are going to go ass over tea kettle on LOL!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Well, today is the last day of my 60's (turn 70 tomorrow), and I have to admit that the last 6+ years full-timing and being part of this group is one of the most satisfying parts of my life. Oh yeah, birth of children, marriage to Carol for 33 years,buying my first boat are all in there, but now that my memory doesn't seem to be what it was, I remember the most current part the best. It's been a challenge keeping the flux-capacitor fed, the ice cream machine hid from IYQ, and remembering what I did with the shotgun, but just making friends with you' all and making new adventures on the road has really been quite a ride. Right now I'm sitting at my nieces house looking out the front windshield at the Rocky Mountains thinking how lucky I am to be able to live this part of my life this way. I say salute to you all for helping to make this possible. Now all that thought made me tired so I have to take a STEVE zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz B)

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, today is the last day of my 60's (turn 70 tomorrow), and I have to admit that the last 6+ years full-timing and being part of this group is one of the most satisfying parts of my life. Oh yeah, birth of children, marriage to Carol for 33 years,buying my first boat are all in there, but now that my memory doesn't seem to be what it was, I remember the most current part the best. It's been a challenge keeping the flux-capacitor fed, the ice cream machine hid from IYQ, and remembering what I did with the shotgun, but just making friends with you' all and making new adventures on the road has really been quite a ride. Right now I'm sitting at my nieces house looking out the front windshield at the Rocky Mountains thinking how lucky I am to be able to live this part of my life this way. I say salute to you all for helping to make this possible. Now all that thought made me tired so I have to take a STEVE zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz B)

A very happy birthday to you Steve and thanks for adding to the good memories of the group. You get out of this group in proportion to what you put into it. I'll even promise not to go looking for the ice cream machine TODAY. Sit back and enjoy the most important person you'll ever meet. YOU. Lee

I got up this morning and hurried around getting all the morning chores out of the way. Then made out my 3rd quarter estimated income tax and rushed off to the post office to get it mailed. It never once dawned on me that today was a national holiday until I went in the post office and saw the window closed. Daaaaahhh I never thought that they would make Steve's birthday a national holiday. LOL

The ranch is putting on a picnic this afternoon to celebrate Labor Day (and Steve's birthday) I'm glad I mistakenly went to the PO this morning. It did remind me of the picnic and to stop by the store and pick up a couple pies. Happy Labor Day to you all. Lee