The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Will ya look at that.

Doug and I have been on the road for 5 years today. August 27, 2009 we left the RV dealership in Walcott, Iowa. Never having hauled anything, ever, we said "Well we have to go sometime!" and off we went. 5 years later - many, many places, many, many adventures (mostly good) and many, many, wonderful friends (who are like family now) and we have no regrets.

Keep it up. You'll get the knack of it one of these days. ;) Congrats.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee, can you come up to Boise, ID and fix my diesel pusher? Twenty miles north of town we had smoke throughout the coach. Pulled it over and discovered some kind of oil all over the engine and toad. Coach-Net had to get a tow truck from Oregon. In a motel this a.m. waiting to hear the prognosis from the truck repair people. More excitement from the "Beave". Life sure is entertaining on the road! :P

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Will ya look at that.

Doug and I have been on the road for 5 years today. August 27, 2009 we left the RV dealership in Walcott, Iowa. Never having hauled anything, ever, we said "Well we have to go sometime!" and off we went. 5 years later - many, many places, many, many adventures (mostly good) and many, many, wonderful friends (who are like family now) and we have no regrets.

Toni, congrats...hope to get there too in three years! Did you buy from Cheyenne RV in Walcott? Lynn and I purchased our ol' pop up from them!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Congrats Toni - we are lovin' life on the road also. We'll start our 7th year in January.

Roger and Lynn - so sorry to hear about your problems with the Beav. Hope it's something that can be fixed easily.

Lee - I just can't believe you'd rather go eat with Jeri than come work with us!

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Will ya look at that.

Happy Anniversary!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Lee, can you come up to Boise, ID and fix my diesel pusher? Twenty miles north of town we had smoke throughout the coach. Pulled it over and discovered some kind of oil all over the engine and toad. Coach-Net had to get a tow truck from Oregon. In a motel this a.m. waiting to hear the prognosis from the truck repair people. More excitement from the "Beave". Life sure is entertaining on the road! :P

Roger

Roger: I might be able to come up there a get the nut behind the steering wheel tight but that's the extent of my diesel repair knowledge.

Lee - I just can't believe you'd rather go eat with Jeri than come work with us!

There you go again with those four letter words, maybe you ought to go fishing with Jim and mellow out a bit too. Just reading that "W_ _ _" word makes me so tired I have to go take a Steve.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Sorry to hear about the Beave, hope you aren't stranded long. We're pulling out this morning headed West to Colorado, hope BessyBus is ready!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey W6PEA: what happened to you? Are you over in that bottom left corner scratching your head about what the heck we are talking about with all our goofy code talk and joking with each other. We aren't as crazy as it sounds just crazier. Jump in here and tell us what's going on over there. Of course we might take anything you say out of context, miss interpret it, embellish it a bit and toss it right back at you. But, we think it's much better to laugh about life's mishaps than cry. Crying will mess up your mascara, not that we think you wear any of that stuff. But being a Marine you never can tell. Oh, by the way I'm retired ARMY. LOL :)

Congrats Toni & Doug!!!! I hope the good times continue to roll on for you.

Roger!!!! I hope things are fixed and you are on the way soon. Hey,, do they offer 3 square meals and drinks for free at the hotel?

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Roger: I might be able to come up there a get the nut behind the steering wheel tight but that's the extent of my diesel repair knowledge.

Lee, when you refer to "get the nut behind the steering wheel tight" are you offering to buy the cranberry juice? LOL!

And Dave, no three squares but free day olds in the lobby...we only stay at the classy joints!

Thanks everybody for the words of support. Got good news from the diesel tech late yesterday that he just had to replace a burst hydraulic line near the engine. Should be able to pick up the Beav this a.m. after they wash off all the oil and be in the CG in time for cocktails! Could have been a lot worse. We were just finishing up a 200 mile gorgeous stretch on Hwy 93/75. Two lane no shoulders to pull over on. If yer ever in Idaho and break down, do it near Boise! BTW, Coach-Net did a great job lining things up. I'd hate to have to pay for the towing on a 40' MH. It was something to see what it takes just to get that thing hitched to the tow truck!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Where to start.

Congrats Toni and Doug. Time does fly when you're having fun, eh?

Roger - Glad it wasn't worse. Hope the "Beave" settles down for y'all. Where you off to next?

We are in Walla Walla through the weekend. Went to my first Demolition Derby last night at the county fair. By the end of next week we should make Bend, Or.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Jeff, how'd your jeep do in the derby? Hope you have enough of it left to tow :rolleyes:

Roger, glad it was a hose, but that can sure make a mess. We had an oil leak a couple of years ago and I didn't realize it until we stopped to use the towd. I couldn't see out the windshield!! Never did squeak again though.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Guest coldsmoke

heading out in a week or so.. no idea where we are going. calling for snow this weekend, down in the teens at night. maybe we will meet up with some of you. Texas at least in our plans for part of winter..

mike and deb and smokey

That's a good way to look on the bright side Steve...my rusty bicycle almost looks new with the coating! :D

Jeff, we're gonna be in Bend, OR at the Beaver Factory/shop getting a few things checked over on Sept. 9th. Have you and Tina any CG picked out? Lots to catch up on!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Roger, any time unless I can out fumble you. But I don't think it is nessasary now. It looks like you are well oiled now from the beave's hickup.

Mike and Deb, great. Hope you make it to the class roundup in January or February.

Steve,, did you use the hammer and chisel technique to get those bugs off your window or just turn on the automatic pilot.

We are having a party tonight to celebrate the birthday of three of our members. We'll do anything for an excuse to party.

Mike - I got a cold chill reading about the temps and white stuff. Come on down friend! Will be good to see y'all again.

Steve - We just watched. She won't even let me drag race the Jeep anymore. Bummer.

Roger - We'll be going through Baker City on our way to Bend. Probably stay at the Elks in Bend. It's on the north side of town. Looking at a week.

Travel safe.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Roger

OH NO. Sending good wishes your way.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Crikey Jeff, we'll be 0.4 of a mile down the street from the Elks...I can crawl home from there. What time do the Elks start Happy Hour?! :P

BTW, I contacted the SKP BOF rep recently and he advised me to bite the bullet and pay my old lodge their $100 reinstatement fee and the prorated yearly dues of $200. That way I don't have to be initiated again. Maybe I can grease the Bend gang by buying a round?!

Good to be back home in the Beaver again!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

OH NO. Sending good wishes your way.

Oh yes, Toni and Doug and thanks. Got off easy this time..."only" $800 to fix. :huh: Free tow job though!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

The party turned out real good. We had grilled ribs and chicken and a very good assortment of side dishes. I think I gained about ten pounds. When I got back to the rig I just had to take a Steve. Of course that just made sure every last one of those calories went straight to my belly. Tonight is crystal clear. Nice for star gazing but with all the light pollution you can't see much. My binoculars will bring in the Andromeda galaxy and a few large global star clusters but how many times can you look at them without falling to sleep. I'm going to order a camera device that takes a picture of a small area of the sky then automatically aligns the telescope to the whole sky. It will do away with all the contortion I have to go through to align it manually. I might set it up more often when I get that installed. I just don't bend like I use to. I'd like to get a small trailer to put my telescope in so I could go up to city of rocks with it for a couple days at a time. But I'm getting too much stuff collected here at the ranch. Everything you look at here has my name on it now. My shop, the golf cart, my special camp site and they are talking about calling the new leisure room the Lee room. The manager wants to resign at the end of this year. I hope the board don't think they can get me to take his place. It ain't going to happen. Keeping this gang in line is worse than herding cats. Why am I telling you guys all this. Just naturally gabby I guess.

Lee, I just used the "windshield cleaning app" on my phone. I stood in front of the MH and pointed the phone at the windshield and waited. Sure enough someone came by and asked what I was doing???? Nuff said! :lol:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

For those who don't do Facebook or my blog---

I sure am glad we hung around up north long enough to see this! Absolutely spectacular!!!!!!

more pictures on my blog page. Staying up all night finally paid off!

aurora2%2520%252857%2529.JPG

aurora2%2520%252838%2529.JPG

Sure

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Wow Sue & Paul, Those are some awesome pics...especially the pair of legs in the second! LOL I've seen the lights many times but, only once did they have color...thanks for sharing!
Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Yes,,, thanks for sharing the pictures Sue & Paul!! Amazing stuff.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png