HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to get groceries in Mesa. While there, a car show broke out. Not really, Good Guys have a regular Friday night run at the Basha's store on Main and Signal Butte. Close to 150 cars cars, trucks, and bikes in an unstructured, un-organized fun gathering. General public vehicles cruising up and down the parking lot lanes alongside $$$ rods and customs. Beau coup fun.

2015%2B-%2B1.jpg

Couldn't believe we were the only smart car there.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Phoenix, AZ - Spring Training with 4 stadiums in a 10 mile radius - Awesome!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Stuck in my brother-in-laws driveway turn around area until the "mush" evaporates and we can get turned around. We are south of Lynchburg, VA. Next stop....MATS in a couple of weeks.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Merrily and I are still in Sequim, Wa Volunteering at the City Parks. Should be here until June.... then we don't really know what we are going to do, next. Nice weather all winter. About 6 nights below 32f all winter. A few drops of rain (like now) but less than 2" all winter and temps have been mostly between 45 and 65.

I call it paradise but your opinion may vary.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I have been here at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) since last Monday the 9th and will leave here tomorrow morning for Tucson. Will see the new Great Grandson and stay at Justin's Diamond J RV Park tell the 19th. Then will start my way slowly to visit a very good friend in San Antonio Texas. Have no idea yet where will be stopping. Our usual slow pace 2 to 3 hundred miles per day and staying 3 or 4 days at each stop. HC huh mm mm could take all spring to get there!!!!!

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Moved from Ft Myers to Carrabelle the 1st of March. The weather has been great. We have a new boat and motor this year. It is a 12' vs the old 9'8" inflatable. Lots more room but also more weight. Still, I am able to get the boat, motor, golf cart and trailer all packed on the Volvo. Who said you can't take it with you? The Sound and Gulf has been great. We have been to every barrier island within 20 miles. Having a lot of fun and not missing the cold and snow at all.

boat_1.jpg

1_1.jpg

3_1.jpg

2_1.jpg

Heading back to the Ranch sometime in April :angry: . It has been a good winter.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Well be heading from Tucson tomorrow via I-10 to Las Cruces New Mexico. Will be staying at a KOA there which i don't normally do but wife she did not care about the few extra bucks so what can I say. Supposed to have 85 foot sites we will see!!! I was at one KOA that claimed 80 foot sites and my 67 foot combination just barely fit. I will let you know how it is after arrival tomorrow night. :)

Edit: arrived today Las Cruces NM KOA and my 67 feet fit. Will be here until Monday the 23rd and thinking the next stop will be in Fort Stockton Texas. I will decide for sure Sunday before I leave.

Edited by Bob Cochran

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

We departed from Summit Vacation & RV Resort (Sattler, TX) about one week ago, after parking there for four months; traveled as far as Rainbow's End, Livingston, TX, for a three night's stay; then, moved to Texarkana, TX, for a three night's stay (tonight will be the third night). So far, we've had a lot of overcast sky and rain since leaving Sattler.

We'll be putting the smart to bed, ready to depart tomorrow morning, heading to Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville, TN, for about a month; so, we'll be there for the 2015 ECR. It will be, for Janet and me, a two-overnight journey to Crossville. We plan to stop in Forrest City, AR, and in Hurricane Mills, TN.

We had to stop for refueling between Livingston and Texarkana; it was a fairly good run, averaging 7.7+ mpg. Since we've owned our Volvo, we've averaged just a little more than 7.5 mpg, which may, or may not, be so bad; it's just not what I'd hoped we'd see in overall fuel economy.

Safe travels to those traveling and we hope to see ya down the road!

Raymond & Janet

Edited by G8r.Ray

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

We will be leaving the Las Cruces NM KOA tomorrow the 23rd and heading to Fort Stockton TX and plan on staying at the appropriately named Fort Stockton RV Park. Should be there until the 26th when we plan to leave for San Antonio TX. I need to stop someplace in-between any suggestions? I want to work it so after that stop can get into San Antonio say around 10 or 11 AM just want to avoid rush hour if that is even possible. Once again will be staying at the San Antonio KOA but it is really the most convenient for visiting my friend and doing other things from that location.

Arrived here in Fort Stockton TX and like I said be here tell Thursday.

Edited by Bob Cochran

Okay will leave Fort Stockton Texas and go to Junction Texas will be staying at Junction North Llano River RV Park. This should give me a short leg to San Antonio. :)

We are at MATS in Louisville. Arrives Wed. to great weather. Of course, now it is raining and cool. Will leave Saturday, probably. We are in the campground towards the back.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Escaped from the Colorado River and Parker. AZ this morning and will be hiding out at the Las Vegas RV resort on Nellis Blvd for 4 days. They have recently opened up a few sites that are 100' by about 30' with plenty of room for everything including the jeep, trailer etc. Bit pricey but well worth it.

Will depart here on 3/31 and head north and east to Rapid City on 4/3.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Still at MATS. We will stay here Saturday and leave Sunday. We are headed to Elkhart and it is even colder there. The "feels like" temp this morning is 18*. High to be 45*. But we have good 50 amp power in the parking lot, and our electric heaters and in-floor heat is keeping things nice and toasty. :)

www.jackdanmayer.com

We are in Havelock, NC at the USMC Cherrypoint air station RV park for the next week and then on to Waynesboro VA for two weeks visiting family.

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

We're still here in KW for another week and the temps here have dropped 10 degrees and the wind has picked up. Headed to see phonix on the 7th for some hitch adjustments and then off to Kissimmee for a couple weeks. Flying home to Dallas for most of the stay. Then we're off to nova Scotia with several stops in between.

Hope everyone is doing well

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

We are in Sacramento Ca at Cal Expo RV park visiting relatives. Staying till the 5th, then heading for Fort Collins Co for a few days, then to Ruidosa NM for 3 weeks.

<p>Gene & Colleen2009 Volvo 670 customized by Gregg RV Haulers, 2014 New Horizon 5th wheel, 2012 smart car on the deck. Full time 6/17/2014

Vmmonline.org

We made it to Deer Run RV Resort in Crossville, TN, without incident! We're early arrivers [new word], along with Steve & Gail (who were already here), for the 2015 ECR; and, we plan to remain here 'til ~27 Apr 2015. Also, Carl & Donna are supposed to arrive tomorrow (Monday) as early arrivers, too.

We stopped at Exit 320, I-40, in Crossville and refueled at the newly opened Speedway (truck refueling island); their price for diesel fuel is $2.399/gal; but, because Speedway is celebrating their new station, they offered--if you accept one of their rewards cards--a $0.10/gal discount for any fuel on top of their posted price. So, we loaded 106 gal @ $2.299/gal.; fuel mileage since last fueling: 7.34 mpg ($0.313/mi)--even though we were running about 65 mph (1,500 rpm) on the Interstate nearly the entire distance (except for the short, in-town routes through Little Rock, Memphis, and Nashville).

Hope to see y'all here, or down the road!

Raymond & Janet

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

We made it to Deer Run RV Resort in Crossville, TN, without incident! We're early arrivers [new word], along with Steve & Gail (who were already here), for the 2015 ECR; and, we plan to remain here 'til ~27 Apr 2015. Also, Carl & Donna are supposed to arrive tomorrow (Monday) as early arrivers, too.

We stopped at Exit 320, I-40, in Crossville and refueled at the newly opened Speedway (truck refueling island); their price for diesel fuel is $2.399/gal; but, because Speedway is celebrating their new station, they offered--if you accept one of their rewards cards--a $0.10/gal discount for any fuel on top of their posted price. So, we loaded 106 gal @ $2.299/gal.; fuel mileage since last fueling: 7.34 mpg ($0.313/mi)--even though we were running about 65 mph (1,500 rpm) on the Interstate nearly the entire distance (except for the short, in-town routes through Little Rock, Memphis, and Nashville).

Hope to see y'all here, or down the road!

Raymond & Janet

Hi Ray,

How is the weather there ? Is there any long range forecast for next week ? Inquiring minds need to know.lol

Hope to see you at the rally,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Geeze, you guys are killing me with your weather.We pulled into Elkhart campground a half hour ago and the temperature is 36*. And sleeting. We will move over to Mor/Ryde tomorrow and our service there is Tuesday. It is supposed to get nice. We will see......

www.jackdanmayer.com

If you like to see how the weather is around North America, check this out.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa

Move you cursor over a reporting station to see current conditions, click once for forecasts. Click, then wait a few seconds and the bar near the top will give you the option of "NWA FORECAST".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net