Volvo Sleeper Project

AndyR

Trying to get a few things done on the truck so I’m ready when we’re able to move around again.

One of the projects I’d like to do is remove the mattress and install the workstation. Been looking around and most wrecking yards are telling me they aren’t interested is parting out a sleeper so, finding the table lifter is more difficult than I expected it to be. Maybe once we’re over all this craziness and we can get back to normal, I might have better luck.

Until then, I’m interested in some input from the experts. Maybe I could build my own table and support because I really don’t ever see the need for it to be a bed but I’d like the option. Thinking about a removable leg from an RV dinette and we’ll make our own cushions.

Anyone have some ideas or maybe even a factor Volvo lifter?

Andy      

Andy 

2011 Volvo 730

2017 Spartan Toy Hauler

2021KTM 300 XC-W 

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjj.jpg "target=new"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjjl.jpg "border=0"[/IMG][/URL]

The Dinette legs and table should be readily available from a RV recycling yard.

Get the floor bases too.

Edited by Parrformance
more info

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

My yard here in MD would probably have it. BUT- I got one for Toterman (RIP) several years ago, & it was a bitch to get the bolts all out. FWIW, understand the factory unit is WAY overbuilt and heavy w/ serious latching/lifting mechanism, etc.. Depending on the loads you expect to put on it, building something like in boats or lower end RV's would be a lot easier. That's 2 seats opposite each other, table top sits on a pedestal. Remove pedestal & top fits flush w/ seats for temp bunk

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

6 hours ago, RickS said:

I've been checking their site every day for over a month. Don't know how i missed it.

I'll contact them,

thanks for the help.

Andy

Andy 

2011 Volvo 730

2017 Spartan Toy Hauler

2021KTM 300 XC-W 

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjj.jpg "target=new"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjjl.jpg "border=0"[/IMG][/URL]

Just something that occurred to me while reading your post. I thought a bed was one of the requirements for re-titling to a motor home. If I read the post right you are going to eliminate the bed.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

2 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Just something that occurred to me while reading your post. I thought a bed was one of the requirements for re-titling to a motor home. If I read the post right you are going to eliminate the bed.

Maybe the 730 has an upper bunk. I know a 680 or 780 would. I know my 630 does not have an upper bunk.

Edited by alan0043

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

7 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Depends on the state. In Nebraska we don't need beds.

TvnVqtYl.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

19 hours ago, jenandjon said:

Depends on the state. In Nebraska we don't need beds.

TvnVqtYl.jpg

That was a surprise to me. Thanks for in info.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:01 AM, alan0043 said:

Maybe the 730 has an upper bunk. I know a 680 or 780 would. I know my 630 does not have an upper bunk.

The 610 had an option for an upper bunk, so I would assume the 730's would.  I bought a set of bed hinges to make a custom shelf for ours.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

22 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

The 610 had an option for an upper bunk, so I would assume the 730's would.  I bought a set of bed hinges to make a custom shelf for ours.

Yes, the 730 has the top bunk. The table will fold in to a bunk as well. We’ll probably keep it set up as a table most of the time unless the dog would ride better on it as a bed. Our dog is huge but he fits well in the spot just in front of the bunk. 

Andy 

2011 Volvo 730

2017 Spartan Toy Hauler

2021KTM 300 XC-W 

We prefer to sleep in the truck when we are on the road between destinations. We find it quieter when we are at someplace other than a campground.

We have not used the workstation at all.  We sit in the camper if we need to sit at a table.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

• 1 month later...