Surge protector

KevinS

My transfer switch is a combo unit, transfer switch and surge protector. It’s a Surge Guard brand. It covers everything. Hi and low voltage, reverse polarity, negative ground etc. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

4 minutes ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Progressive Industries is the "gold standard" -  - with a  Lifetime Warranty !!

I agree. I have the hard wired EMS. It has cut off power to my rig several times because of low power. I have read that their customer service is the best and they back there product. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

1 hour ago, filthy-beast said:

I have the portable version of this. Allows me to check the pedestal before backing in.

https://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-pt50x?

Yep! EMS-PT50X is what I got! 

Was on sale at Camping World last week,  $313 shipped and tax.

Don't buy from Amazon! They have sold me two of these that were open box and missing parts! And cost more!

Funny thing about these. They do a 90 second or so test before the power flows to your RV. I thought I was having trouble with my panel as every time I hooked up it took me about a minute to get inside and another 29 seconds to notice no power and I'd give it a little kick at exactly the moment it timed out and went one! This happened like the first 10 times I did it! One time I got in sooner and the kick didn't work for another minute. It was only then I discovered my kick did nothing and that's how it's supposed to work! :D

Our MH has a Progressive brand ATS which does as aztex described, so that company has been in business a long time, at least since 1999. It would not allow incoming power from my Boliy portable genset until I made a bonding plug.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961