2017 West Coast Rally - Caldwell Idaho

MrSeas

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, rdickinson said:

Can you narrow down what to look for and where to find it please.  No loss of fluids when parked.  Better still can you take a pic of it and describe what to look for.

Thanks

Roger

I'm just getting ready to go out to lunch but I'll try to get a picture this afternoon. Mine is up high on the passenger side and it can't be seen from the top. You have to be under the truck to see it.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

On 6/13/2017 at 8:10 PM, MrSeas said:

Leaving in the am on Wednesday...... only 835 miles..... easy peasy!  Probably make it before noon on Thursday. 

Sitting, relaxing, waiting for everyone else to arrive.  Several people got ambitious this morning and hand washed their rigs.  I took the lazy way out and stopped at a truck wash just before I pulled into the park on Tuesday. 

MrSeas "easy peasy" run hasn't gotten him here yet and it is already 2:00. ;) Hopefully all is well.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

3 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

I'm just getting ready to go out to lunch but I'll try to get a picture this afternoon. Mine is up high on the passenger side and it can't be seen from the top. You have to be under the truck to see it.

Brad

I'm back. I will try to give you an orientation of the attached picture. You can see the valve in the middle of the picture. The white on the valve is Teflon tape on the plug. This can only be seen from the bottom. I'm on my back in front of the passenger tire and looking up just in front of the axle. The fluted case (not sure what to call it) is attached to the back of my turbo so the valve is above and behind the turbo. I have a Volvo VED 12 engine.

Hope this helps.

Brad

valve (3) resized.jpg

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

2 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Several people got ambitious this morning and hand washed their rigs.  I took the lazy way out and stopped at a truck wash just before I pulled into the park on Tuesday. 

But your truck wash went home at 5:30 and we got in at 6 or so..... 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

The rally schedule has been updated as a result of changes in the presenters available.  Here is a link to the latest rally schedule.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BypMhjRfrAf1bGxxNjJPdzVESms/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

The rally has officially started with everyone (who didn't arrive early) coming in today.  We had a nice get together this evening where attendees were able to get to know one another.  We look forward to getting to know everyone better and hopefully having fun and sharing worthwhile information for those in attendance.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

15 hours ago, rdickinson said:

That location may explain why there were no obvious leaks, that is if it is down low and has nothing to drip on.   What's the purpose of that plug location?

Last time I checked there were so signs of emulsified oil.  Oil was black.

I have no idea why anything is where it is. All I know is the valve was threaded and a pipe plug fixed my leak. Good luck and may your fix be this simple.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

So goes another successful WCR!

It was a terrific turnout, 20 Rigs!  Plus lots of friends of friends also joined in the fun!  The HDTs were the talk of the park.  People staying at the park stopped  by  during our "happy hours" to get the "scoop" on all the "big trucks" and were filled with lots of "stories"' Most were excited to hear of the "whys" of owning one of these HDTs to pull a a big 5er. As always lots of questions about the "Smarts"!  The Phoenix bed loading of the "Smart" was the hit of the weekend!  Everyone had a great time and the dates for next year have been voted on and will be June 14-18, 2017 so mark  your calendars!  The RV park has been a super wonderful host and they even invited us back for another year!  Put a reminder on your calendar to call and make your reservations in January 2018!  All in all a great long weekend that flew by too quickly.  Thank you everyone for helping to make it a success!  See ya all next year and safe travels to your next destination!

It was definitely a great tIme and still is. I arrived early and am leaving late, but I wasn't the first here and won't be the last to leave. ;)

Someone did leave a Timber Ridge folding chair with a side table at the group site.  It doesn't appear to belong to anyone who is still here, but I haven't talked to everyone yet.  If it is yours, get in touch with me.

event.png    

Thank you so much Scott and Chad for all the hard work you did to make the rally a great success, it was fun to see old friends make new friends, we had a wonderful time, have safe travels, see you down the road.

2011 vnl730 D13 435/1650 I-shift singled mid 2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts 2015 Smart

Thanks for all the work that you put into this gathering. We had a great time and are leaving today. Also for anyone that cares we got a new dryer yesterday to replace the one that was leaking smoke. Nine years was a pretty good run.

See y'all down the road.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Made it home after a long but easy day of driving.  I'm not looking forward to going back to work in the morning, especially since the weatherman is calling for 100+ degree temperatures.  Retirement can't come soon enough.

event.png    

47 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

Made it home after a long but easy day of driving.  I'm not looking forward to going back to work in the morning, especially since the weatherman is calling for 100+ degree temperatures.  Retirement can't come soon enough.

We've been in Redding since last Wednesday, and it's been cookin'! They're calling for 113 degrees on Thursday! ?

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

11 hours ago, MYZMZM said:

Thank you Chad and Scott for putting a GREAT West Coast Rally. This was our second. We had a great time. Learned a lot. We plan on being bak next year.

Thank you again,
Tom, Eileen and Maleah.

Hey Tom will the zoom zoom plate fit on an HDT.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, MrSeas said:

So goes another successful WCR!

It was a terrific turnout, 20 Rigs!  Plus lots of friends of friends also joined in the fun!  The HDTs were the talk of the park.  People staying at the park stopped  by  during our "happy hours" to get the "scoop" on all the "big trucks" and were filled with lots of "stories"' Most were excited to hear of the "whys" of owning one of these HDTs to pull a a big 5er. As always lots of questions about the "Smarts"!  The Phoenix bed loading of the "Smart" was the hit of the weekend!  Everyone had a great time and the dates for next year have been voted on and will be June 14-18, 2017 so mark  your calendars!  The RV park has been a super wonderful host and they even invited us back for another year!  Put a reminder on your calendar to call and make your reservations in January 2018!  All in all a great long weekend that flew by too quickly.  Thank you everyone for helping to make it a success!  See ya all next year and safe travels to your next destination!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any pictures for us that where not there ? There is a statement out there about no pictures. Did it really happen ! lol.

I hope someone can post some pictures,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived