Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone. It was time and it was also a relief for him as well as for the family. Some of you know how many times Terry had been on that airplane back and forth to Phoenix -- way too many. It seemed his father had been dying for several years. He wanted to go. I just wish the services weren't planned to be held on Terry's birthday. His mother is in pretty good health but she isn't one to do things much by herself. Thus, our winter plans will be to stay fairly close to Arizona this year. Terry mentioned yesterday that when he gets back we'll start working our way there. It's too hot still!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Tell Terry that this bunch is solid in it's support for all our members. We are all saddened by his loss but now his dad will not hurt any longer. We'll all be standing right behind you Saturday. If not physically at least in spirit.

Lee - you said that so well. Thinking of you Jeri and Terry, hugs.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Terry's father died this morning. He is in Phoenix. Tammi and I are going in Friday. Services are Saturday.

So sorry to hear about Terry's father. Thoughts and prayers.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Boy if I don't get out of here I'll weigh 10 tons. Last night one of the Cowgirls invited me over for dinner as pay back for taking her out to dinner a couple of times while up at Eagle Nest. She really put out a spread. I ate so much I got short of breath walking back to my rig. Then, This eveing 3 of the gals here plus your's truly went to the Adobe Deli for Pork Shank Roast, Man, that stuff just melts in my mouth. So here I sit burping and posting. If I eat anything more I'll have to get arm extensions to be able to reach the keyboard. I was going to ride my bike today but the tires were a little soft so I'll have to get the compressor out first. But not on a full belly.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Teri and Jerry, we will be praying for you, sorry for your loss. Ed and Lyn

We were in Elkhart for 2 months and than Virginia. We are now headed to Texas. We are going to check out the gate guarding thing. We may be doing that for the winter.

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com

9/14 to 9/29 We decided to extend here at the military campground at the Oceana Annex rightr by the ocean in Va. Beach, VA. Just too much Dr. stuff and more time with family and friends. Plus we like this new campground and can just walk over the dune

to the beach., I was born and raised here but it is still nice to play in the sand.

Jim and Sandie, it sounds like you are having WAY too much fun in your part of the west! I am so jealous!! We will be back out there soon!!! Jim, so glad you seem to be doing so well!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We are leaving the campground this morning. Another year of campground hosting over. Plan is to go to Cochiti Lake between Albq. and Santa Fe for a few days, then home to Texas. Its been a good summer in the mtn's but fall is in the air and snow will fly before long. Hope everyone is well and happy!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

safe travels you guys.... looking forward to Arizona.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Teri and Jerry, we will be praying for you, sorry for your loss. Ed and Lyn

We were in Elkhart for 2 months and than Virginia. We are now headed to Texas. We are going to check out the gate guarding thing. We may be doing that for the winter.

Would love to hear how that works out for you. We will be back in Texas after we finish here at Amazon.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I just tried the map and the map loaded but had no stickpins on it and the Sheet below that has everyone's name and location on it was missing. I tried to sign in and it kept telling me to check my sign in name for spelling. Reguardless how I spelled it.

I went to the eye doctor here this morning to see If I could get my other cataract removed before November. He was booked solid until November so I guess that won't happen. I may have it done at the Slabs this winter but I'll avoid January or was it February we were going to meet. I'll look that up again.

We have had a 20 to 30 mph wind all day today so it wasn't any day to be doing stuff outside. I went to Wally World to get groceries to break the boredom but that's about all I did all day besides the chat with the doctors assistant.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Try it again! It works perfectly. Dave fixed it again! :D

Thanks everyone for the wishes. I'll pass those along to Terry. I'm flying down today. Ugh! <_<

We had really, really hoped to be able to spend this winter someplace other than Arizona. However, with all that has transpired in Terry's family, he feels we need to be in Arizona this year especially since his mother is still there. Right now we're thinking we'll spend a couple months close to Apache Junction and move down to "Q" late January and then to Yuma. That's the plans and, of course, they are written in chalk.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Tonight was LEO night ( Lets Eat Out, night) Seven of us went out to the Savoy, (Truck Stop) and had a ball. The waitress was really a good sport and the food was good. Now I'm so full I can hardly breath. I took a little walk when we got back to the ranch but it didn't shake very much down. It turned very cool today. It only got up to 73 and is expectred to go down to 48 tonight. One of my LP tanks is running out so I guess I'll smell that stinking stuff most of the night until the tank finally runs out and switches to the other tank.

Our sincere condolences to Terry (and Jeri) for your loss... Fannie keeps reminding me, you're never really ready (no matter how long you've been expecting it).

We've moved on from Henry & Davena's place in NH, will spend a couple w/e's visiting my eldest son in NYC -- paying the "outsider's" rate at Lido Beach, it's the best deal going for a convenient LIRR trip into Manhattan (and we're now armed with our half-price senior cards for subways & buses).

Cheers, to all!

-Don

p.s. I keep forgetting to check the Elks' guide when back east; note to self -- check the Elks Guide! (Last nite we stayed at a PA site in CT for $20; was good to unload the gray & black tanks after a 10-day run.)

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Dave said someone put in the map an accent mark or a pound sign or something and that broke it. I don't know if the fix he implemented means doing that again will or won't break it but I thought I'd let you know what he said.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I drove over to the Deming Air Port this morning. I wanted to price a flight around the area. I went into the treminal and there was nobody around. All the office doors were open and television was playing in the lobby but no people. I walked out on the flight line and still nobody. I played around for about 30 minutes looking at all the photos of WWII aircraft and a bunch of models they had on display. Still nobody showed up so I left. I would say this is just not a busy Airport.

This eveing a bunch of us went to a dinner put on by the Luna County Ranchette owners Association. They had Pork Loin Roast, Oven roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, Gravy, rolls, salad bar, Pie, cookies, Tea and coffee. All for a $7 donation. Not bad. They had a Mariachi band at rockhound State part right after the dinner. Some of our gang went but I came back to the Ranch and sat outside talking with a few of my neighbors. And that was it for today.

Carol & I have had bad colds and finally are getting to the end (I Guess). We got out for a while yesterday and drove south to Fiona mountain. You can drive to the top and from there you get a great view of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains. It was a beautiful fall day about 68 degrees and just a little breeze. The leaves have not started to turn yet (been too warm), so we are hanging around for that. It almost got down to freezing last night, so it won't we too much longer before something happens. Today we are headed out to the Champlain boating museum to see what it has to offer. We stopped at a Vermont Bagel place yesterday and just managed to get in the door before a huge crowd showed up. Great bagels with way too much cream cheese, but we managed. :rolleyes: There are 4 of us parked at the elks now, so we have our own little community. All are waiting for the leaves, so we'd better not leave and lose our place. Ahhhh coffee is ready, got to go. :P Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

But Sandie and Jim didn't have any more choice than you did. They are there because Jim's doctor said so. Since we all want Jim healthy, we support that decision.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van