Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I make it that far, I'll probably spend some time at Q although I may hang around more near Parker. Sidewinder works, too, if I stop off at Q on the way to and from Parker. :)

But, I may stay in Texas all winter depending on how this solo bit really goes since it doesn't require nearly as much driving and I didn't even like riding through West Texas. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well what do you know, Nothing blew up or quit working today. Maybe it is because I didn't do anything. After my walk I sat out and carved for a while but really couldn't get my heart into it. (That's good I shouldn't be carving on my heart anyway) Then I sat there swatting flies and watching the world go by. This evening it looked like it was going to rain but it managed to rain all around us but not here. I had a young couple with 3 girls for a neighbor last night. They could only stay one night and had to go back to go to work. Tonight there is another rig in it's place but I haven't met the occupants yet. They went away in the truck soon after they got set-up. I had a campfire last night. I sat there watching it thinking about our campfires at Q and Yuma. I enjoyed that. Tomorrow I have to make a trip into T or C to get some groceries. I'm out of bread and fruit and low on milk but I have some Parmalat to back that up with. I don't know how it is that I eat out all the time but still run out of groceries. It must be magic.

Must be little invisible gremlins helping eat up all your groceries! :blink: It happens around here too!!! Bout spit my tea out reading about carving your heart! Note to self: Do not read IYQs posts while drinking liquids! :lol: Glad you got the A/C business figured out. No fun when it's that hot. Electric mysteries can be dangerous too! Things are starting to quiet down here too. Much more action on the weekends. We made a run up to Cranbrook B.C. yesterday and visited some friends. They drove us around and showed us their town,rv park and many golf courses. Saw 26 deer and most were by the road last night coming home. Home safely with no dents. Today we went down by Swan Lake and saw 4 deer,and 4 turkeys. Stopped at a self-serve dog wash and KayCee got a bath! Tomorrow will be a supply run here too. Hard to believe that the summer is coming to an end. We got rain last night and our temps still warm up to 80 in the afternoon, but down in the 40s & 50s at night. Feels really good.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well what do you know, Nothing blew up or quit working today. Maybe it is because I didn't do anything. After my walk I sat out and carved for a while but really couldn't get my heart into it. (That's good I shouldn't be carving on my heart anyway) Then I sat there swatting flies and watching the world go by. This evening it looked like it was going to rain but it managed to rain all around us but not here. I had a young couple with 3 girls for a neighbor last night. They could only stay one night and had to go back to go to work. Tonight there is another rig in it's place but I haven't met the occupants yet. They went away in the truck soon after they got set-up. I had a campfire last night. I sat there watching it thinking about our campfires at Q and Yuma. I enjoyed that. Tomorrow I have to make a trip into T or C to get some groceries. I'm out of bread and fruit and low on milk but I have some Parmalat to back that up with. I don't know how it is that I eat out all the time but still run out of groceries. It must be magic.

Must be little invisible gremlins helping eat up all your groceries! :blink: It happens around here too!!! Bout spit my tea out reading about carving your heart! Note to self: Do not read IYQs posts while drinking liquids! :lol: Glad you got the A/C business figured out. No fun when it's that hot. Electric mysteries can be dangerous too! Things are starting to quiet down here too. Much more action on the weekends. We made a run up to Cranbrook B.C. yesterday and visited some friends. They drove us around and showed us their town,rv park and many golf courses. Saw 26 deer and most were by the road last night coming home. Home safely with no dents. Today we went down by Swan Lake and saw 4 deer,and 4 turkeys. Stopped at a self-serve dog wash and KayCee got a bath! Tomorrow will be a supply run here too. Hard to believe that the summer is coming to an end. We got rain last night and our temps still warm up to 80 in the afternoon, but down in the 40s & 50s at night. Feels really good.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Mike and Deb - any suggestions are welcome. But NM is awfully cold in the winter time, CA is really expensive. What does everybody else think that's going to be in the southwest this winter?

We will be in Yuma again as I already put a deposit on a lot last season. I loved it when you all were at Sidewinder Road. Jeri and Terry and Freddie and Delcie were there quite a long time in the spring before we all left and we had some more fun! Yuma has become my winter home. Familiar and easy! Weather has been great there and I'm all for that!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

The Italian restaurant was a bust. So much for the good ratings. I think most of them were written by the owner of the business. I drove right past it on the first pass. The sign is very hard to pick out and the Entrance is on the back side of the building. The front side looks like it is a business that has gone out of business. When I walked in there wasn't a sole in sight. About 10 minutes later a man came out of the kitchen door and hardly acknowledged me and went out a side door. A few minutes after that a women came through the front door and as she passed me she said I'll be right with you and went into the kitchen. Then, after just a couple of minutes she came out and took my order. When it came, it was in a bowl and there was no salad or bread or anything else. I ask for bread and she went back in the kitchen and came out with two pieces of a heavy, very dry, pan bread with a thick crust. It was non-levened and when you took a bite, it seemed to grow in your mouth and was hard to swallow. So I washed it down with Tea. I had ordered Ice Tea and what she brought was some kind of tea that looked very weak. It tasted like some kind of herbal tea. There was no oil, balsemic Vinegar or grated cheese on the table. I started to eat the stuff in the bowl and the pasta was not fully cooked. They had broken it into about 4 or 5 inch pieces and when you wrapped it around the fork it un-wrapped itself and straightened itself out again. They also had not drained it very well and there was about a half inch of water in the bottom of the bowl. It didn't taste too bad so I ate it cause I was hungry. The portion was a little small and I was still hungry so I ordered a chocalate dessert. I don't know what it was but it was pretty good. Then it came time to pay the bill. $24 bucks with NO wine. Boy what a rip off. Needless to say I won't be going there again. After the not so Italian jernt, I went to Wally World and got some groceries. At least I can eat when I'm at my trailer.

On the way back to Caballo it rained pretty good in several places but when I got to the campground the road was bone dry starting right at the Iron Ranger at the gate. Later it did a lot of threatening and finally we got a 6 inch rain fall. That's six drops of rain falling 6 inches apart. I sat outside through the whole thing. Oh well, at least the surrounding rain cooled things off pretty good.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

The Italian restaurant was a bust. So much for the good ratings. I think most of them were written by the owner of the business. I drove right past it on the first pass. The sign is very hard to pick out and the Entrance is on the back side of the building. The front side looks like it is a business that has gone out of business. When I walked in there wasn't a sole in sight. About 10 minutes later a man came out of the kitchen door and hardly acknowledged me and went out a side door. A few minutes after that a women came through the front door and as she passed me she said I'll be right with you and went into the kitchen. Then, after just a couple of minutes she came out and took my order. When it came, it was in a bowl and there was no salad or bread or anything else. I ask for bread and she went back in the kitchen and came out with two pieces of a heavy, very dry, pan bread with a thick crust. It was non-levened and when you took a bite, it seemed to grow in your mouth and was hard to swallow. So I washed it down with Tea. I had ordered Ice Tea and what she brought was some kind of tea that looked very weak. It tasted like some kind of herbal tea. There was no oil, balsemic Vinegar or grated cheese on the table. I started to eat the stuff in the bowl and the pasta was not fully cooked. They had broken it into about 4 or 5 inch pieces and when you wrapped it around the fork it un-wrapped itself and straightened itself out again. They also had not drained it very well and there was about a half inch of water in the bottom of the bowl. It didn't taste too bad so I ate it cause I was hungry. The portion was a little small and I was still hungry so I ordered a chocalate dessert. I don't know what it was but it was pretty good. Then it came time to pay the bill. $24 bucks with NO wine. Boy what a rip off. Needless to say I won't be going there again. After the not so Italian jernt, I went to Wally World and got some groceries. At least I can eat when I'm at my trailer.

On the way back to Caballo it rained pretty good in several places but when I got to the campground the road was bone dry starting right at the Iron Ranger at the gate. Later it did a lot of threatening and finally we got a 6 inch rain fall. That's six drops of rain falling 6 inches apart. I sat outside through the whole thing. Oh well, at least the surrounding rain cooled things off pretty good.

That's too bad that the food was bad at the restaurant. One thing I have learned from a bad experience with Mexican food, if there's no cars outside and the location is difficult, DON'T bother. Your experience description was sad and hope you don't find one of those again! Goes to show, you can't always depend on the Reviews either. Sometimes even word of mouth is wrong, depending on the day. I was disappointed here yesterday as well...about the rain situation. We were forecast to have rain and we didn't get ANY! I'm ready for fall. Headed to do damage to the wallet at Wally world this morning. Oh boy!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Mike and Deb - any suggestions are welcome. But NM is awfully cold in the winter time, CA is really expensive. What does everybody else think that's going to be in the southwest this winter?

We vote for Sidewinder Road for many reasons. Location, location, location. Proximity to Yuma is first. Proximity to Da Boyz is another (or is it the same). The weather is usually better. AND we will be on our own. This would be the third year there for some of us, we like it there.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I ran over to Arrey tonight for Dinner. When I got back someone had turned the water faucet on and left it on. I had a lake beside my trailer when I got back. I would hope my neighbors are a little more grown up than that. There are no kids in the park right now so I can't blame it on them. I don't keep my hose hooked up because I don't want it setting in the sun all day. The only other thing I can blame it on is the Cattle roaming around in here. It is possible that one hooked a horn in the handle while it was grazing near the stand pipe but boy that is a billion in one chance.

When I was leaving the park I saw a rattle snake that had been run over just as I was getting to the highway. Remind me not to go wandering around in here after dark without my flash light. I sat outside carving most of the morning. It was nice and comfortable. When I got tired of that I got Rubik's cube out and worked it for a while so I wouldn't forget how to do it again. When I got bored with that I took my phone out and played solitare on it. Maybe someday I'll get a life.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Any chance of a little later get together instead of January? Perhaps first part of February? :unsure:

You planning on staying in the Northwest till then? :lol: Actually would probably work well for me if'n I get outta the PNW at all this winter.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Boy we've been without internet since Monday, man did we miss it. I can't use my data on my smart phone up here Canada either. I'm in the gameroom of a small park on the West side of Edmonton trying to get caught up. Going on towards Calgary on Monday. Making the turn and heading south. Probably back in the states (Montana) by the end of the month.

We plan on staying in Texas (near New Braunfels first) then make a roadtrip to Q in January. After Q not sure. :) Hope everyone is doing well. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We vote for Sidewinder Road for many reasons. Location, location, location. Proximity to Yuma is first. Proximity to Da Boyz is another (or is it the same). The weather is usually better. AND we will be on our own. This would be the third year there for some of us, we like it there.

I'm all in with that! ;) You forgot to mention Dates! :}

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Guest coldsmoke

Any chance of a little later get together instead of January? Perhaps first part of February? :unsure:

nope we wait for no one !!!!!hahahaha

some one better be in charge of this cluster ? any volunteers ?

mike

Sure Dates are fine. Bring a couple for me too. Perferably young Blonds. 1st of Feb works for me. It will just mean I won't be going back to the slabs after the reunion. I usually leave the slabs on March 1st. I really don't know what I'll be doing next year yet. I have a hard enough time figuring out what I'll be doing a hour from now. I was a good boy and stayed home today. Carved a while, walked a while, goofed off a while. It was a pretty nice day today. Fairly cool and no thunder and lightning for a change. And so far no disasters.

Febuary works for us. We plan to leave Texas around the first of the year. Would like to be in Q for the big tent in mid Jan. then check out Lake Havasau before the get together. Can't hardly wait to see everyone. Pilot Knob is good for us.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

I had to get the truck gassed up today so just for the heck of it I drove down to Hatch. "The Chili Capitol of the World". I went into a restaurant to get a sandwich and it took me 2 hours to get the sandwich and then eat and pay for it. It's a good thing I didn't have anything better to do. There must be 50 Chili Pepper stores in that town. You wouldn't think any of them would be able to get enough business to survive. But there were cars infront of every one of them. One even had a line of people waiting to get in the door. The restaurant was full of people but I think it was caused more by the slow service than people just coming in too fast.

Well tomorrow I'll check the air in my tires and get this rig ready to roll again. It's only 65 miles on down to Deming. I'm hoping the spare tire last that long. If not I'll be sitting beside the road again batting fly and talking to myself. The only thing that concerns me is I'll be cutting cross lots and there are a few areas that don't have phone service on highway NM 26. If I come up missing someone take a ride down NM 26 so you can bury my sun parched bones.

Well, I was about to have forum withdrawal symptoms. Nice to see all your familian names pop up again. I'm down in Deming again and I've got new tires on my trailer. I don't know how much safety I gained though. I tried to get either Good Year or Michelon but niether company makes a tire in Load Range E in a 225/75R15 tire. Sooooo, I had to accept Carlisle tires. Two of the tires I had problems with were Carlisle Tires that were only 3 years old the other blowout was a Chinese job that was less than a year old. The 3rd tire problem actually didn't happen yet but would have the next time I went out on the road. When I took all the old tires off, one had a big bubble in the dread and was showing a lot of wear all in one spot about 6 inches wide and 10 inches long. It would have blown as soon as it got out on the hot highway. The Strut that was bent on my trailer Hitch was Warrenteed for life so all it will cost me is the shipping. They sent it out UPS the same day I called them. I haven't checked on the tracking number but I don't really expect it until next week.

What do you Know? Little ole Deming now has 4G phone service. When I tried to do some stuff on the internet with my old 3G data card it was so slow I finally gave up. It was taking as long as 10 minutes to load a web page. This morning I went down the the Verizon Store and got a new 4G MyFi. This is the first I"ve used it but it seems to be really fast at loading pages. It will support 10 devices all at the same time and because it's wifi I don't have to plug it in unless the battery needs recharged. Just crank up the computer and it connects automatically. I haven't tried yet but I'll find the best place in the Trailer to place it. Perferable near a window and then I can use my computer anywhere, even outside. I think I'm going to like it.

My mail came from my home base today and I have 6 bank statement to balance with my bank books and 5 Financial Statement from Investment companies to enter into spreadsheets. I'll be a busy boy tonight. The weather here has been pretty good. The high temperature is staying in the very low 90's and it really don't hit the 90's until about 3 PM each day. Even then there is alway a nice breeze so the 90's are fairly comfortable as long as you're sitting in the shade.

Well, I was about to have forum withdrawal symptoms. Nice to see all your familian names pop up again. I'm down in Deming again and I've got new tires on my trailer. I don't know how much safety I gained though. I tried to get either Good Year or Michelon but niether company makes a tire in Load Range E in a 225/75R15 tire. Sooooo, I had to accept Carlisle tires. Two of the tires I had problems with were Carlisle Tires that were only 3 years old the other blowout was a Chinese job that was less than a year old. The 3rd tire problem actually didn't happen yet but would have the next time I went out on the road. When I took all the old tires off, one had a big bubble in the dread and was showing a lot of wear all in one spot about 6 inches wide and 10 inches long. It would have blown as soon as it got out on the hot highway. The Strut that was bent on my trailer Hitch was Warrenteed for life so all it will cost me is the shipping. They sent it out UPS the same day I called them. I haven't checked on the tracking number but I don't really expect it until next week.

What do you Know? Little ole Deming now has 4G phone service. When I tried to do some stuff on the internet with my old 3G data card it was so slow I finally gave up. It was taking as long as 10 minutes to load a web page. This morning I went down the the Verizon Store and got a new 4G MyFi. This is the first I"ve used it but it seems to be really fast at loading pages. It will support 10 devices all at the same time and because it's wifi I don't have to plug it in unless the battery needs recharged. Just crank up the computer and it connects automatically. I haven't tried yet but I'll find the best place in the Trailer to place it. Perferable near a window and then I can use my computer anywhere, even outside. I think I'm going to like it.

My mail came from my home base today and I have 6 bank statement to balance with my bank books and 5 Financial Statement from Investment companies to enter into spreadsheets. I'll be a busy boy tonight. The weather here has been pretty good. The high temperature is staying in the very low 90's and it really don't hit the 90's until about 3 PM each day. Even then there is alway a nice breeze so the 90's are fairly comfortable as long as you're sitting in the shade.

Yay! We're back up...yep I was about have DEs Delerium Escapeez! :} I hope you like that MiFi...I have one. I really like it. I'm hoping that Yuma is 4G when we get back. Little ole Kalispell MT is 4G and is lots better. I'm really glad so many will be hanging out and moving around Yuma and Q area. Hope your new tires are good ones, we are getting ready to pull out in the morning and had to air up one this morning. Will stop at the tire place first thing and have it pulled and fixed. Our big journey starts in the morning.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Hey, we're back too!! We made it to LA to my niece's wedding and all went pretty good. They are both musicians, and played in various bands. At the wedding the bride's brother played the guitar when she came down the isle, and afterwords four different bands played a set apiece. What a rocking night. It's a long ways from Burlington Vermont though. :o

We had to leave the bus dry-camped in the Elks club lot here in Burlington VT, and that was going to put a pretty good stretch on the refrigerator. When we got back here, after 8 days in LA, it was still going strong. It didn't use much propane, and the battery bank was down to 11.4 volts. That's pretty low, but it was still keeping the fridge going. I don't know what the voltage cut off of that is. I started the gen-set and ran it a couple of hours before we turned in, and the next morning hooked back up to 30A power so all is charged back up now. We hated to leave it like that, but we had quite a bit of food left in it and it was free to dry camp here. Oh, well, now we know the limits. Whew!

We signed up for another week here, so maybe by then we can figure out what our next place will be. Hmmmmm, flip a coin, actually read pamphlets, listen to other people, whaaaaat! Oh well, this is making me tired. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzsssssssssssssssss

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"