Classes of 2008 and 2009

Lazy Sunday, I went to a restaurant for lunch and found half of the LOW Ranch there. I guess we all had the same idea at the same time. I was supposed to do a laundry today but that never happened. I did too much talking with friends instead. Oh well, It's getting a little harder each day but I can still bend the sheets over the edge of the bed to make it in the morning. However I'll have to admit that they spring back up if I don't weigh them down.

Happy Birthday Terry, I'm sure glad you are having them and not me. I'm counting them backwards now. However old I was last year I'm a year younger now.

I sure wish I could be at that dinner in Phoenix tomorrow. I'll bet all our ears will be burning.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sure wish I could be at that dinner in Phoenix tomorrow. I'll bet all our ears will be burning.

Actually we did talk about you. We talked and talked and talked. It was wonderful to see Jim and Sandie again. I'm guessing we'll see them one more time at least before we head north so we can head south. This was a free day so we used it to drive to "Q" and Parker. It was HOT there too. Even Palo Verde was closed. We even saw three RVs boondocking on the BLM. I just don't want to be boondocking anywhere when the temperatures are hitting 100! Heck, I don't want to be anyplace even with power when the temperature hits that high. :)

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We are on the last leg of our 6 month Canadian stay.

Today we traveled from the Walmart in Merritt to Langley (a burb of Vancouver). We had to stop in Merritt to pick up our mail as our final pay cheques were in it AND payment for my article in Escapee magazine. You guys will probably all see it before we do. Please save your copies so we can see it. I will have to figure out how to order extras.

We will be here for 32 days. We have counted out the days that we were in the US in 2012 and although we should be clear to leave October 18th, Doug doesn't want to take any chances so we will stay until October 20th.

We are all set up on our new friends farm and the weather is beautiful. At this point we are only getting one channel of tv but we have become accustomed to none, so... We have Wi Fi in the rig on Doug's computer and I will go try mine outside.

[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I drove over to Las Cruses, NM this morning to see the Otolaryngologist about me getting nose bleeds every time I sneeze. He looked up my nose and Said "You have a crooked Nose." I told him, "It never tried to cheat me out of anything". He said the crooked passage way and the dry air of the west was the cause of the problem and cauterized it for me then gave me some stuff to grease it down with and said there is no leasion or cancer up there so don't Worry about it. I thanked him and got to heck out of there before he could find something else wrong with me. So If I stay away from doctors I should be OK for the winter.

Jeri said she was going North so she could go south. Hummmmm. I wonder if all the rain of the PNW does that to people.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I didn't do much today. This morning I went into town to fill an LP tank and question the drugist at Wally World about the instructions that were on the prescription I had filled yesterday. They were completely backwards of what the doctor told me. I'm still not sure how and when to take the stuff. I think I'll just skip it completely. It's a steroid and I don't like the idea of taking a steroid anyway. After happy hour,the park manager took me to dinner. (I out fumbled her.) We had a nice dinner then came back to the park to play 31. (I'm not going to tell you how I did at that.) I have had the breaker on the electric turned off for the last week or so but today it got a little too muggy and I turned it on and cranked up the AC.

Not much going on at the Ranch today. This morning I took one of the Cowgirls out to breakfast. Then after bringing her back to the ranch I left again to pick up some bananas at Wally World. When I got back from that another Cowgirl ask me to take here to pick up her car at the garage. That only took about a half hour. So I went from there to eat lunch. I ordered a Fruit Salad with Cottage Cheese. There was Cantalope, Watermellon, White Peach, Kiwi, Pear, and Mango on the plate. A very large lunch. I think it is very UN-Healthy because I ate so much I didn't want any Dinner tonight. Now, I just know I'll get hungry about 9 PM and go out for a pizza. See I told you it was UN-healthy.

YeeeeeHaawwwww, got to move my peg today. Only 70 miles, but I moved it. I'm so close to "EH" land I can hear them sayin "EH". Other than that, not really much going on up here in the PNW.

Joe

Are you coming to "the other side". We could meet with you for Sushi in Delta.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Are you coming to "the other side". We could meet with you for Sushi in Delta.

Boy Toni that really sounds good, but alas I'm stuck here working and helping a friend celebrate his 60th BD. HE on the other hand has no idea what is happening.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

So far Jim's doctor appointments are turning out with great results. Still have several more tests and appointments between now and the end of November. But we expect great things from the also. Still hot here but next week we're going to be getting a break from the heat. Only in the mid 90's. ;)

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

So far Jim's doctor appointments are turning out with great results. Still have several more tests and appointments between now and the end of November. But we expect great things from the also. Still hot here but next week we're going to be getting a break from the heat. Only in the mid 90's. ;)

That's great Jim. Keep it up.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I was feeling a little down today so I layed on the bed most of the day but didn't sleep a wink. This evening we went out to dinner as a group to Manolo's, I got a Green Chili Cheese Burger. It sure hit the spot. Then topped that off with a couple sopapillas with honey. Now I'm bloated again and only want to lay down. I can't win for loosing.

Jim, keep up the good checkups and when they turn you loose stay completely away from doctors and hospitals. They are full of sick people.

Good to hear the checkups for Jim are going well. Try to keep cool there in the desert.

We are in Pueblo, Co. at the Colorado State Samboree with our local chapter. Will stay around for a few days after the Samboree to visit friends then back to Cherry Creek State Park in Aurora for the rest of the week. Next week Albuquerque then on to Texas. Tavel safe everyone. Later

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Hi All...

After two ten hour days and a four today on the road, we find ourselves camping at the Yuma Colorado Fairgrounds. Not a bad place at all! Due to a Pedal on the Prairie, over 1000 bicylists pedaling today to Wray, tomorrow to Burlington and then Sunday finishing up at Wray...there are no RV spaces at the Wray RV Park this weekend. Tent's too them all! We met all those riders today. Woo.... lots of bikes. Lots of law enforcement. So the new RV park here that I had made reservations at didn't have 50 amp. service, so I called the fairgrounds and the guy that runs this place was great. Got this site lots cheaper too..... I will rest this weekend and do 3 weeks of laundry, after being camped out in the Thor parking lot with limited water. Dan will grant me peace and quiet tomorrow while he goes and participates in a Golf tourney with his oldest brother in Wray. Monday we will mosey on to the big city of Colorado Springs and then after that on South. Fall is definitely in the air!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Freddie and Delcie -- You indicated you were going to Lake Havasu in January. Any idea when? :)

We plan to leave Texas just after the 1st of the year, will probly be three weeks getting there. I'd think we should be there around the 20th. Of course that is in chalk as you know. Hope all is well with ya'll. Looking forward to seeing you somewhere.

Good to hear Jim is doing good. Hope to see everyone in Feb.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Guest coldsmoke

jeff and tina ,, where was it you go in texas?? me forgot again .. we are looking at bandera area, central area near san antonio .

63 degrees here today really weird.. we leave alaska on the 27th sept. ist stop spokane for monster truck buisness , then not sure what or where we go.

we got our escapees book, nice article by toni,, but seeing we were left out of the picture also jim and sandie were left out,, so it must be a fiction story.

see you all this winter some place

mike ans deb and smokey

Good to hear the checkups for Jim are going well. Try to keep cool there in the desert.

We are in Pueblo, Co. at the Colorado State Samboree with our local chapter. Will stay around for a few days after the Samboree to visit friends then back to Cherry Creek State Park in Aurora for the rest of the week. Next week Albuquerque then on to Texas. Tavel safe everyone. Later

Tina and Jeff

Don't go to any movies, eh?

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

jeff and tina ,, where was it you go in texas?? me forgot again .. we are looking at bandera area, central area near san antonio .

63 degrees here today really weird.. we leave alaska on the 27th sept. ist stop spokane for monster truck buisness , then not sure what or where we go.

we got our escapees book, nice article by toni,, but seeing we were left out of the picture also jim and sandie were left out,, so it must be a fiction story.

see you all this winter some place

mike ans deb and smokey

Hey, I am the writer, not the photographer. But thanks.

It will be a while before we see the article in the magazine. Hey maybe it's on-line.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Fall ain't got here yet. The weather man is trying to hurry it up by predicting Mid Eighties every day but it always ends up in the 90 instead. While in town for lunch today I set up an Airplane ride for next Wednesday morning. One of the Cowgirls and yours truly will fly up toward silver City to investigate the copper mine up there. On the way back we'll take a look at City of Rocks State Park from the air and then fly down one side of the Florida mountains and back up the other side. Then, we'll buzz the Low-Hi RV ranch and take a few pictures of it from the air. If anything goes wrong with that airplane I hope they have a mighty tall ladder aboard so we can get back down to earth.

Edited by IYQ

Toni,

I have the escapees magazine with your article. I will mail it to you if you give me an address to mail it to.

Hi Linda, Thank you but it probably wouldn't get here until we had left. I can wait.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Do you get mail forwarded when you are in the states? We won't be out there this year so maybe Jeri or Sandy can get me an address and they can get it to you.

Our mail goes to our address in Merritt but we left there last week. We will ask our sister in law to forward it to our son next week. It still might now get to us. (she tends to forget) We are going to be getting together with two different SKP friends here over the next couple of weeks. I am sure they will be happy to part with their copies.

Thanks for your offers though.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png