Classes of 2008 and 2009

Hey, we're back too!! We made it to LA to my niece's wedding and all went pretty good. They are both musicians, and played in various bands. At the wedding the bride's brother played the guitar when she came down the isle, and afterwords four different bands played a set apiece. What a rocking night. It's a long ways from Burlington Vermont though. :o

We had to leave the bus dry-camped in the Elks club lot here in Burlington VT, and that was going to put a pretty good stretch on the refrigerator. When we got back here, after 8 days in LA, it was still going strong. It didn't use much propane, and the battery bank was down to 11.4 volts. That's pretty low, but it was still keeping the fridge going. I don't know what the voltage cut off of that is. I started the gen-set and ran it a couple of hours before we turned in, and the next morning hooked back up to 30A power so all is charged back up now. We hated to leave it like that, but we had quite a bit of food left in it and it was free to dry camp here. Oh, well, now we know the limits. Whew!

We signed up for another week here, so maybe by then we can figure out what our next place will be. Hmmmmm, flip a coin, actually read pamphlets, listen to other people, whaaaaat! Oh well, this is making me tired. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzsssssssssssssssss

Your ears must have been ringing! We were talking about you guys this afternoon and wondered if you were back yet. Glad the fridge held up....We are ready to head out in the morning. Will still be in Montana tomorrow night, and then on east on Saturday. I'm going to break a cardinal rule and travel every day of the Labor Day Weekend. I hate it but it's a necessary evil. We will be stopping for a day in Sioux Falls to take care of some business. Glad you had fun. Isn't it fun when the world is your oyster?

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Steve. WAKE UP, SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Are you awake now? Good I just wanted to say hellow and I'm glad you back.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hey Steve. WAKE UP, SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Are you awake now? Good I just wanted to say hellow and I'm glad you back.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhat?, huh?, oh it's you Lee...hellow yourself zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Not much going on today except gabbing with my friends and neighbors. I did get a pretty good walk in this morning and I did a little carving this afternoon but what ever it is that Steve has, must be catching, because I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. I sure like this 4G Mifi. I haven't had this much data speed since I had DSL on the home phone line. It looks like Verizon is starting the push to go Nation wide with 4G

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We are back in the USA. Currently in St. Mary's, Mt for at least the long weekend to checkout Glacier Nat. Park. Going out looking for bears and moose.ater.

Tina and Jeff

Ah, good there you are. I have been watching your peg, but.......

{{{Hugs}}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Couldn't use the data on my smart phone in Canada and Internet at the park west of Calgary wasn't the greatest.

Toni, it's your last weekend camp hosting eh? Soon the hitch itch will go away.

Later,

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Couldn't use the data on my smart phone in Canada and Internet at the park west of Calgary wasn't the greatest.

Toni, it's your last weekend camp hosting eh? Soon the hitch itch will go away.

Later,

Tina and Jeff

We've got to hang around eh-land for a bit longer but will be moving out of the park on Friday morning. Spend some time in Salmon Arm visiting Doug's Mom and brother then to Falkland to visit with dear friends Ross and Cynthia, then to Vancouver for a month. But, yes, we are moving soon.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We've got to hang around eh-land for a bit longer but will be moving out of the park on Friday morning. Spend some time in Salmon Arm visiting Doug's Mom and brother then to Falkland to visit with dear friends Ross and Cynthia, then to Vancouver for a month. But, yes, we are moving soon.

Gotta get that travel timing right-- leave too soon you have to go back too early.

I don't get to pick my leaving time this year; that will be determined by the timing of my RV build. After that though, I get to figure out how long I can be home with Dave without getting caught by weather. I suspect that will be my biggest challenge in the next few years.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The friend that I was having all the fun with up in Eagle Nest pulled in last night so we went out to dinner this evening to get our talking over with. Trouble is, we went to a restaurant that had intertainment and it was so loud we couldn't here each other talk. So when we came back to the park we stood and talked for about an hour. It made for a pleasing day and I didn't even take a Steve.

Today my phone calendar reminded my it was time to pay my 1040 ES. I got it out and got it ready and rushed to the P.O. Just as I was pulling into a parking place I remembered it was Saturday and the window at the P.O. is closed on Saturday. I didn't even turn off the truck I just backed out and returned home sputtering to myself.

Today my phone calendar reminded my it was time to pay my 1040 ES. I got it out and got it ready and rushed to the P.O. Just as I was pulling into a parking place I remembered it was Saturday and the window at the P.O. is closed on Saturday. I didn't even turn off the truck I just backed out and returned home sputtering to myself.

Don't go Monday, either. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It's been a long weekend already and I probably won't know what day it is for a week! The Monday holidays always do me in for a bit. We left Kalispell on Friday. Travelled back down 95 to Missoula and the heavy smoke of the forest fires. Then east to Manhattan Montana to some friends that have a hook up for their coach and we stayed for 2 nights. We really had a ball...talked and ate and ate and talked, stayed up late, went to a Farmer's Market in Bozeman...ate.... drove to Virginia City and walked the streets, took the Historic Fire Truck Tour of the town. Experienced a rain shower... enjoyed their company immensely. It will be too long until we see them again, as they aren't coming to Yuma this winter and that's where we met! Today was a great day for a long ride. We left Manhattan and stopped in Billings at Cabelas to stretch and I had lunch. I think DH had a peek at some shotguns but came out empty handed. We saw a dead bear cub on the highway this morning by Livingston. We travelled down the road towards Buffalo Wy, were passed by a couple of NEW Prevosts. I mentioned that they probably belonged to a star. They were tagged from Tennessee. We finally stopped at a Scenic Overlook and they also pulled in. They were empty and we struck up conversation with the drivers....young men who contracts with stars and hauls them around. Just got done with a Lady Antebellum tour and Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney tour. They were headed to Sturgis tonight and I'm glad we only had 30 more miles instead of 200. While we were chatting, we witness a girl in a black car speed by, and POP the pass. front tire blew and pieces and parts flew everywhere! She did a great job steering to a stop and didn't wreck, but couldn't drive the car away. Having enough excitement for one day, we're ready to hit the hay, get up and do another 350 tomorrow! Happy Labor Day every body! Our goal is Sioux Falls tomorrow night. This coach travels much easier and we don't get nearly as tired and stressed. As Freddy says....Life is Good!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Don't go Monday, either. :)

Linda Sand

Thanks Linda, I had everything all laid out and ready to try again tomorrow. These Holidays are a nuisance. And to think I couldn't wait for the next one to come around when I was working.

I sat outside a carved most of the morning. Then when it started getting a little too warm to be comfy I went over to the bunk house and put a jigsaw puzzle together. This evening I went to checkout a restaurant that I hadn't been to before. When I got close enough to see it I turned around and went to the Savoy truck stop 10 miles west of town.

It was very good. I had Chicken Alfredo and ate a little too much. The cowgirl that went with me was stuffed too. I guess I'll have to try that place more often. It must be getting fall. More and more of our members are showing up at the park now. It seem like someone arrives every day. That makes for a lot of hugs and Hellos. It seems a little early for people to start migrating to the desert. I don't usually go to the Slabs until the 1st week of November. Now if someone don't take Tuesday away from me I'll get my taxes sent off and some Blood test done for my doctor T U E S D A Y morning.

I didn't get my taxes in or get the blood work done because of the Holiday. But, I did get to the hardware to pick up a couple Items I've been needing. The bunch here had a pick-nic dinner for the Holiday but I didn't attend because most of the things at a picnic have too much salt for my blood pressure. Later this eveing a bunch of us gathered around one of the gal's rig until way after dark talking about everyone that wasn't there. We had a rain shower early this evening and it really cooled things down nice. Just right for sitting out in the evening.

Yahoo!! Yippee!! Labor Day is over with and all the people around moved their little RVs and trailers out. We won't see them again until next summer. :D:D We're going to sleep like babies tonight.

Not if I was up there. I'd open my windows and snore all night.

Yahoo!! Yippee!! Labor Day is over with and all the people around moved their little RVs and trailers out. We won't see them again until next summer. :D:D We're going to sleep like babies tonight.

Ditto!

And today begins Senior's rate. 1/2 price. There are so many senior in the park, lights out at 9:00 pm. Love it.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Well, we had a nice rain early this morning, so we didn't get around for a while. We had empty fresh water and full everything else so we had to make a trip to the dump station first. I did manage to put the jacks up on one side and get enough water for a pot of coffee anyway. :rolleyes: There is a campground about a mile down the street from the elks, and they charged $8 to dump, so there we went. It was really busy there yesterday, but like Jeri said, a lot of them left last night. Today there was no line, so the dumping/filling process didn't take very long. I do like the new macerator we got, but it does take a little longer to dump. Then we came back to the elks and set up again for a few more days. We are still working on the wedding pictures Carol took last week, and also she had to get a new phone, so we are going to stay here until everything is done and working fine.

I bought a bike rack for the back of the truck, and installed it today. We've been carrying them on the back of the bus, but they were a pain to get on and off the rack. Also when we park the bus somewhere it's not always a good place to start a bike ride from. Now we can drive the truck to the bike trail and start from there. It's a lot easier to load the bikes on and except for a little more trouble parallel parking, I think it will be much better. Now I can check the oil on the bus without getting hung up in the bikes!!!

Cool here today, you can almost feel a little fall in the air. We are getting a little bit of the end of Issac now with a little rain and cooler breezes. Nice. B)

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I finally got the taxes mailed in and went to the hospital to get the lab work done. Remind me never to go to a hospital for anything again. It took 1 1/2 hours to register, Then another 15 minute wait for the lab to take the blood sample which took about 5 seconds. I should have gone to a small clinic and I'll bet it wouldn't have taken over 15 minutes for the whole kit and kabootal. After the hospital got done with me I went to lunch and got a chicken Wrap that was very tasty. I hope it didn't have too much salt in it. Then it was off to Wally World for a few groceries. While at Wally World I bought a microwave Popcorn Popper. Now I can have popcorn without the salt and season it to my own taste. I think I'll try it out tonight and make a batch seasoned with saltless butter and cinnamon. I've been doing really good with my blood pressure by cutting out most of the salt. It has averaged 105 over 68 for the past month. I haven't had blood pressure that low since I was a kid. Well I think I'll go try the corn popper out.

Went to dinner with Sandy and Jim tonight here in Helena. We are at Wally world and they came by to get us. Met their niece Kim and got a city tour after dinner. Was great to see them again. They are going south and we are going east tomorrow. Safe travels everyone. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

The Strut for my trailer Hitch came today and I already have it mounted and adjusted. I sure hope it doesn't bend again. Now all I have to do is sent the old bent strut back to the factory so they will take the charge back off my credit card. I got it packaged tonight and now If I can find the UPS store. Someone said it was behind the Coka Cola bottling plant. That should't be too hard to find.

It was a warm one today. And a little on the sticky side but it has cooled down nice this evening. After I get the strut sent off tomorrow I think I'll get the laundry done. It's stacking up so High I can't get my wardrobe door open without knocking something on the floor. Do they sell disposable pants and shirts?

So fun to see Jeff and Tina. We didn't have a lot of time but we tried to talk as fast as we could. We're in Shelley, ID tonight at this great county park that we found. Tomorrow night we should be in Jackpot.. Wouldn't it be nice if we hit a jackpot. Yea right!!

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

So fun to see Jeff and Tina. We didn't have a lot of time but we tried to talk as fast as we could. We're in Shelley, ID tonight at this great county park that we found. Tomorrow night we should be in Jackpot.. Wouldn't it be nice if we hit a jackpot. Yea right!!

You guys are becoming experts of lots of talking in a very short time!!! lol We have been on the road every day this week. We are in Utica Il. tonight. Headed for Elkhart tomorrow. We were going to drop south and miss Chicago, but for all the extra miles, I think we're going to buck up and go through the belly of the beast after rush hour tomorrow. We will make sure to take the toll roll as I think the traffic is less that way, and we will get right to the campground. Traffic today was credited with keeping us awake and aware! Forecast for rain tonight, we'll see. so far no clouds. Hope we have a good weekend in Elkhart. We'll get acquainted and then head to the Thor Factory early on Monday morning. This next week will be a real adventure. Hope everyone enjoys a little cooler weather and it is really nice to see some quieter campgrounds now. I still miss Montana! Later all... Good luck in jackpot! :)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well, I got the bad strut sent back to the factory today so all my chores are done. I can play as much as I want to now. This afternoon I returned to the Savoy Truck Stop out west of Deming for lunch with the manager of the LOW Ranch where I am staying. We had some very good sandwiches. This evening The Manager, myself and the guy who is parked next door went 5 miles east of town to the Adobe Deli for a 2" think Pork Chop dinner. (Burrrrpppp) need I say more? Then we came back to the park and sat outside gabbing with a couple of the ladies in the park. All and All it was a pretty nice day. The manager said you guys can't have me this winter She is going to keep me to go out to dinner with. I am thinking about renting a yearly spot here. It would only cost me $1600 a year. That's $4.40 a day plus electric. I wouldn't stop traveling but I'd have a place to leave stuff I don't want to haul around with me and also have one of the choice sites in the park when every I came back here. I've got my eye on a site with a large shade tree on the SW corner. just right for evening shade. And, my trailer would provide shade in the morning.

You guys are becoming experts of lots of talking in a very short time!!! lol We have been on the road every day this week. We are in Utica Il. tonight. Headed for Elkhart tomorrow. We were going to drop south and miss Chicago, but for all the extra miles, I think we're going to buck up and go through the belly of the beast after rush hour tomorrow. We will make sure to take the toll roll as I think the traffic is less that way, and we will get right to the campground. Traffic today was credited with keeping us awake and aware! Forecast for rain tonight, we'll see. so far no clouds. Hope we have a good weekend in Elkhart. We'll get acquainted and then head to the Thor Factory early on Monday morning. This next week will be a real adventure. Hope everyone enjoys a little cooler weather and it is really nice to see some quieter campgrounds now. I still miss Montana! Later all... Good luck in jackpot! :)

Remember, Ed and Linda are in Elkhart.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png