Classes of 2008 and 2009

Steve,we took our bikes and rode all over Cedar Key about a month ago. Its a really cool town. The museum was closed though. We ate at Nick's Seafood, National winner 3 years in a row for Clam Chowda. Best I ever had!!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you who want to join up with this fun group, we are at GPS co-ordinates N33.61553 / W114.20173. But don't tell anyone.:lol:

Aren't those the coordinates for the nudist group? :blink::lol: Thanks Toni see you next week. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Thanks Doug and tony. I'll plug them into my GPS tomorrow when I can get into my truck. The wind is blowing so hard now I don't want to open the door. I did get a little acomplished today. I went to Brawley and got my hair cut (both of them, Honest) Got some frozen Veggies also. But as for the outside work there is so much dust blowing around you can't see a block. Tomorrow if I don't freeze my tush I'll start getting the rig ready.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thanks Doug and tony. I'll plug them into my GPS tomorrow when I can get into my truck. The wind is blowing so hard now I don't want to open the door. I did get a little acomplished today. I went to Brawley and got my hair cut (both of them, Honest) Got some frozen Veggies also. But as for the outside work there is so much dust blowing around you can't see a block. Tomorrow if I don't freeze my tush I'll start getting the rig ready.

The wind is crazy here. I keep saying to Doug - We are going to be fine, right? - He keeps assuring me we are fine. Really rockin'n'rollin. Supposed to diminish overnight and tomorrow much better.

Batten down the hatches.

Sandie - you are so good with your Garmin. You should just be able to "navigate to" and enter the co-ordinates.

Jeff and Tina - there would definitely not be anything to find at the nudist group tonight, that's for sure.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

On the class map, the user Test is at the coordinates. Use satellite view to see the route.

Dave

Thanks Dave I know exactly where they are at now. I can see Toni through her window bitting her finger nails. Nice map.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thanks Dave I know exactly where they are at now. I can see Toni through her window bitting her finger nails. Nice map.

Thanks, Dave. We've been in some of those wind storms. They aren't fun. It seems there's at least one good one each year. I hope this is the last one. That would mean we missed it.

The wind is crazy here. I keep saying to Doug - We are going to be fine, right? -

Jeff and Tina - there would definitely not be anything to find at the nudist group tonight, that's for sure.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Those nudists aren't stupid. They don't want any of that sand where the sun don't shine!! Oops ... do they have places the sun doesn't shine?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Thanks, Dave. We've been in some of those wind storms. They aren't fun. It seems there's at least one good one each year. I hope this is the last one. That would mean we missed it.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Those nudists aren't stupid. They don't want any of that sand where the sun don't shine!! Oops ... do they have places the sun doesn't shine?

Absolutely no wind since about midnight. Sun came over the mountain (hill?) at 7:51 am.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

My Black tank hit the full mark today. I don't enjoy the aroma it causes when it belches back so I used my goffer hole to sweaten up the scent in here. I had planned on dumping as I passed the rest area on my way to Q. That will probably be Sunday. And, on Sunday the Glamis 4 wheeler crowd pretty much take over the dump stations so dumping today was a good option. I now need to gas the truck, get a couple of water cans filled and get one LP tank filled, then, Air the tires and head out. The wind storm did such a good job of camouflaging my goffer hole that I didn't want to disturb it before I left but I don't want to wait in a long line at the dump station either. I don't think well actually get into the freezing zone this weekend. I sure wish I could bring a little of the warm air with me. Today was beautiful (62 degrees)

My Black tank hit the full mark today. I don't enjoy the aroma it causes when it belches back so I used my goffer hole to sweaten up the scent in here. I had planned on dumping as I passed the rest area on my way to Q. That will probably be Sunday. And, on Sunday the Glamis 4 wheeler crowd pretty much take over the dump stations so dumping today was a good option. I now need to gas the truck, get a couple of water cans filled and get one LP tank filled, then, Air the tires and head out. The wind storm did such a good job of camouflaging my goffer hole that I didn't want to disturb it before I left but I don't want to wait in a long line at the dump station either. I don't think well actually get into the freezing zone this weekend. I sure wish I could bring a little of the warm air with me. Today was beautiful (62 degrees)

Well I don't think it got to 62* here but it sure was beautiful.

Sandie and Jim did arrive eventually. They had a little hitch problem but I will let her elaborate on that. The end result is that they are right here beside us. Plenty of room for you too Lee. A friend of Sandie also joined us and we understand Denise is lurking too, and Linda S. and of course, The Willy Wagon pulls in tomorrow. The crowd is growing.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Steve,we took our bikes and rode all over Cedar Key about a month ago. Its a really cool town. The museum was closed though. We ate at Nick's Seafood, National winner 3 years in a row for Clam Chowda. Best I ever had!!

Sue

That sure was a neat place. We ate at Nick's too, seafood salad and stone crab... yummmmmmmmmmmmm :P We are in Tampa right now and just rode the bikes around Fort Desota this afternoon. 9hoy o5 low5 ond3 t355int pqdk 5o 5h3 3lkw dlug. Hmmm if you put your fingers on the right keys it says we only got lost once on our way back to the elks club. I think I've been up way too long today. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Steve :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sure is great to be parked here. Like Toni said we had a small (three hours to fix) problem. We made it to the Q exit and all of a sudden the trailer jerked and made an awful grinding noise. There was a perfect place for us to pull over and Jim discovered that the bolts had sheared off the capture plate on our hitch. He and Doug (thank you so much) had to retap holes (I think that's what they did) and do a bunch of other stuff. They finally got it fixed and we hooked up and are now parked and enjoying everything. Had trouble getting the generator to work this morning. The jerking yesterday made a spring on the choke come undone or something like that. But we are running now so I can have my toast.

We also didn't have internet last night which worried me but it's fine today. The sun is shining and it's beautiful. So glad we are here.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

With all the moving going on down there in the South Land I'm getting plumb tired reading about it. So I'm gonna throw some things in the car and head out for an overnight in Lynden. Hmmmmmm Partying with friends and watching Football. Just don't get much better than that. GO GREEN BAY-----GO HAWKS

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We, too, are hunkered down (in SJ), doin' some ☐ dancing (C-levels with Dave Heffron); hope to be in Q soon (maybe?).

GO 49'ers

-Don

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

After a last minute flying dash to Brawley this morning to get a 90 day supply of BP meds. I finally got the truck gassed, the water cans refilled and a LP tank filled and Hooked up and ready to go in the morning. It dawned on me that there is no Wal-Mart in Q so I'd better get my medications here before I get there. I must be feeling pretty good because I've been busy all day long and didn't get very tired doing it. The hardest jobs were airing up the tires on the truck and tailer. And lifting the 7 gal water cans into the trailer and putting them in the shower for transportation. I have a total of 31 gallons of RO water in cans plus 45 gallons in the Fresh Water tank of the trailer. It's going to be very hard to come up with an excuse to not take a shower. I'll see Y'all sometime tomorrow afternoon. Barring a disaster. That is if I don't get cracked ribs from all the good bye hugs.

D and I are heading to Q. We are leaving Lakewood, NM (The Ranch) on Monday morning. We look to be at Q Wed. or Thu. I hope we can find all yall.

Pa

Just sent you an e-mail with directions. Hurry up and get here and bring warm weather with you.

Sandie

Sandie & Jim Dixon

I'm at the Walmart in Parker tonight. If all goes well I'll join you all in Q sometime tomorrow. Should probably do laundry on my way there so don't look for me early.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

UNBELIEVABLE - Quartzsite, Arizona this morning it's 18*F which in Celsius is -7* which is the same as Vancouver, BC. They say by Thursday we will have a high of 68* or 17*C. I'll believe it when I see it.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

UNBELIEVABLE - Quartzsite, Arizona this morning it's 18*F which in Celsius is -7* which is the same as Vancouver, BC. They say by Thursday we will have a high of 68* or 17*C. I'll believe it when I see it.

According to the little weatherman that hides in my phone, it was 30 degrees at 5 AM. It didn't feel too terribly cold when I walked Duchess. However, cold is cold. I was cold. I'm thinking we have different weathermen but we both know they are never right anyway.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Did Jim or Doug see a reason or come up with a theory on why those bolts sheared off? That seems like a very unusual failure. lucky it happened where it did and no serious damages.

Sure is great to be parked here. Like Toni said we had a small (three hours to fix) problem. We made it to the Q exit and all of a sudden the trailer jerked and made an awful grinding noise. There was a perfect place for us to pull over and Jim discovered that the bolts had sheared off the capture plate on our hitch. He and Doug (thank you so much) had to retap holes (I think that's what they did) and do a bunch of other stuff. They finally got it fixed and we hooked up and are now parked and enjoying everything. Had trouble getting the generator to work this morning. The jerking yesterday made a spring on the choke come undone or something like that. But we are running now so I can have my toast.

We also didn't have internet last night which worried me but it's fine today. The sun is shining and it's beautiful. So glad we are here.

Jim

We made a trip into town today. There certainly aren't as many vendors here as there were last year or even the year before. However, there's still a lot to see. Each year we get to meet some new folks. This year is no different.

Winds are coming back with gusts from 35 to 40 for the next couple of days.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Did Jim or Doug see a reason or come up with a theory on why those bolts sheared off? That seems like a very unusual failure. lucky it happened where it did and no serious damages.

Jim thinks the bolts just vibrated loose enough to let the plate twist a little. The hitch is about 8 years old and over time and some of our lovely roads we've driven on, this is the end result.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Guest coldsmoke

We had a great dinner with Mike and Julie , Dale and Jo, Tina and Jeff friday evening. Did Mike and Julie make it to Q yesterday? It was great meeting them, we are looking to head out Tuesday if all goes well for Jeff and Tina with the Jeep. It is way to cold here!!!!! Can't wait to see you all!!!

Deb