Summer storage and when can you leave

We are storing our motorhome for the summer at the Bushnell, Fl. Campground. The storing starts on April 1st to October 1st. The person at the office says we can’t leave until April 1st because we have to sign papers dated April 1st. Is there any reason we can’t sign the papers dated April 1st early so can leave on March 31st?

Legally there probably is no reason that you couldn't sign early but you will still need to work with the person in the office. Keep in mind that a friendly approach asking for some help is much more likely to be successful. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The transient tax for stays shorter than 6 months applys to the property and also changes their tax exemptions, rules on permanent vs transient housing, their business permits and possibly land use restrictions.

Believe or not, some people try to get get out of their home state income taxes (I know, shocking....) by staying out of their home state for more than 6 months and claiming residency.

For the transient tax info, read the following:

https://law.justia.com/codes/florida/2021/title-xiv/chapter-212/section-212-03/

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I wonder if the issue might be that you would be putting the RV into storage a day before your paid storage actually begins? How about if the storage period were to be March 31 through September 30? Just a thought. 

19 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I wonder if the issue might be that you would be putting the RV into storage a day before your paid storage actually begins? How about if the storage period were to be March 31 through September 30? Just a thought. 

I don't know this for sure, but I thought the person stays on the same lot/space. Wouldn't the time living in the RV end when the storage started? Yes Florida does treat "Long term" space rent's different than storage or short term. I'm not sure how many days are required to be able to cut back on the "Tourism" tax I believe the parks have to pay for the short term rentals. If one person is allowed to leave early than another and another and another will think it's OK. When I wintered in Tallahassee they wanted me to sign the form indicating I was a long term renter over the winters. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

35 minutes ago, lappir said:

I don't know this for sure, but I thought the person stays on the same lot/space. 

Most parks that do storage have a separate lot for that so they can rent out all the camping spots when long-timers are gone.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

Most parks that do storage have a separate lot for that so they can rent out all the camping spots when long-timers are gone.

Linda

This is the case at the campground the OP was asking about.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

23 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda

Wasn't the case at a few I stayed at in Florida. Park models and other trailers of all shapes and sizes with semi permeant stairs, decks and such. Never moved and not occupied in the summer months. I haven't been to Florida for over 8 year, so things most likely have changed. 

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

2 hours ago, lappir said:

Wasn't the case at a few I stayed at in Florida. Park models and other trailers of all shapes and sizes with semi permeant stairs, decks and such. Never moved and not occupied in the summer months. I haven't been to Florida for over 8 year, so things most likely have changed. 

Rod 

Yes, but. Those people pay for all year at the full rate in a park set up for that. The OP was asking about a seasonal storage situation in a place designed for short term use.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I don't know if this would affect you.  Here are their Long-Term stay regulations.  Long-Term means longer than 8 weeks.  

An excerpt:   

LONG-TERM STAY (LTS) POLICY

Reservations that are made for a period that is longer than 8 weeks are considered Long-Term Stays. We will allow reservations for more than 8 weeks, but, should the customer cancels within the last 30 days prior to their original check-in date, the deposit cannot be refunded.

https://escapeesrvparks.com/national-reservation-cancellation-policies/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

5 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I don't know if this would affect you. 

It doesn't as they wish to put the RV into the storage yard and your quote is for people in the RV. And since they were desiring to leave on March 31, I'd guess than they are gone now.