Picture posting

phoenix2013

What's going on with picture posting???????????????  We tried all kinds of things through many browsers and it goes through all the stages to choose picture but will not pull it in from the computer, comes up with no security. What's up?????

The Old Goat

20 minutes ago, phoenix2013 said:

What's going on with picture posting???????????????  We tried all kinds of things through many browsers and it goes through all the stages to choose picture but will not pull it in from the computer, comes up with no security. What's up?????

The Old Goat

ABSOLUTELY the most archaic system I've ever experienced on ANY website.  They collect dues, they can fix the problem.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

This is how it works for me:

Go to this website:  RV.NET: Photo Posting (is-great.net)

Do what it says. Copy the link it gives you.

Open "Other Media" at the bottom right on your posting.

Click on "Insert image from URL".  Paste the link that you copied above.

You must delete everything between the square brackets and the square brackets at the front and end of the URL you pasted leaving only a valid URL.  Then click on "Insert into post".

okcCSVjl.jpeg

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

I prefer to post the photo in a separate photo album, like www.imgur.com, then use the link.

(yfU5MUt.jpg

Edited by Av8r3400

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

On 3/14/2024 at 1:38 PM, phoenix2013 said:

The Old Goat

I think it might be your computer Mr. Henry.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

25 minutes ago, phoenix2013 said:

Aah, said the (not Apple savvy) ignorant man to himself, the .heic extension, Apple's gift to society since version 11. Pages and pages of helpful hints for the Windows unwashed.

We have one daughter-in-law (a brilliant veterinary oncologist) who doesn't get the image file format thing - in fact , she didn't realize that IOS and Android were "things." When they upgraded their phones and she started sending .HEIC images of the grandkids, I found the "Real HEIC to JPG Converter" on the Microsoft app store and installed it on my laptop. I've had zero issues with doing anything with the JPEGs converted using the app.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I got an iPhone late last year and my Daughter is happier now since she has had one for several years and always complained about my "Android" photos. I didn't think much of it until the second time I tried to upload photos from my iPhone into my PC. I swear it worked the first time, no problem. Any way I've decided to use my old Android for most photos and video for my use and if I'm sending a text with a photo to my daughter I use the iPhone. The android is no longer connected to a cellular network, but with my iPhone hot spot activated I can use the Android to email photos, mirror with the new infotainment system in the truck and all sorts of stuff, as long as the batteries last on both devices. 

sxGuLqHl.jpeg

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.