Log-in issue

It used to be that I'd type in my user name, hit tab and type in my password, then hit enter and I'd be in. Lately, though, I type in my user name, hit tab and type in the password, hit enter, and "Something went wrong." I then type in my user name, hit tab and type in my password, hit enter and I'm in. I've tried clicking on the password field, then the log in button, but get the same thing. Once in a great while it works as it used to, but most of the time I have to try twice to log in.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

I haven’t logged in in a long time to this site.  I visit the site pretty much every day though.  My browsers on my computer, iPad and phone all remember my log on status (through cookies) and take me straight to the forum.  The only time I have to log on, is if I clear the cookies on my machine or if I physically log off the site.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Apparently, after a certain period of inactivity the system automatically logs me out. However, I typed in my user name, tabbed to the password, typed it in, hit ENTER and I was in.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

3 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Lol,, that's funny. I guess in a technical sense, but there's nothing here we're worrying about protecting. Jay

It is accessed via https:// and in the connection it is as secure as a connection to say your bank. Now, granted this connection is to a forum with lots of members and therefore what you say is shared among others and may find its way elsewhere, but yes, it is a secure site in internet terms.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

35 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

It is accessed via https:// and in the connection it is as secure as a connection to say your bank. Now, granted this connection is to a forum with lots of members and therefore what you say is shared among others and may find its way elsewhere, but yes, it is a secure site in internet terms.

Of course you're right, but as a practical perspective it's just not something I've considered here. To me it's just basically a chat room where we're trying to keep out riff  raff and scammers. Jay

On 1/6/2024 at 3:24 PM, kb0zke said:

It used to be that I'd type in my user name, hit tab and type in my password, then hit enter and I'd be in. Lately, though, I type in my user name, hit tab and type in the password, hit enter, and "Something went wrong." I then type in my user name, hit tab and type in my password, hit enter and I'm in. I've tried clicking on the password field, then the log in button, but get the same thing. Once in a great while it works as it used to, but most of the time I have to try twice to log in.

Hey! Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy day.

It's a known issue with the company hosting our websites, so far they have not offered a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I wish there was a fix!

• 5 months later...