Residency proof for insurance

Have you moved other things to TX? You could use a bank statement, cell phone bill, or a copy of your voter registration. Possibly they would accept a copy of the TX vehicle registration. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You could start by seeing if they will accept your notarized document (you kept a copy, right?) that you had to provide to Escapees for being a mail agent. 

We have Progressive for everything, received no guff.  That being said, however, we were already Texas residents, and already had Progressive insurance, so that might've removed that obstacle before we even knew it might exist.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

1 minute ago, LauraVictorious17 said:

I moved to Texas a few months ago but I'm actually in AZ for another 7 weeks.

Could you wait until you physically travel to TX? What about your bank statement or some other business that you do with a TX company?

Are you a full-time RVer?

I have very limited experience with insurance companies, but when I sold my house and went full-time, I told my insurance company (Progressive) that I was full-time and needed full-timer’s insurance.  They didn’t ask for anything other than my address, then the Texas registration once I switched over the vehicles.  There was no question about leases or utility bills.  I don’t know how it would work if I were not a full-timer though.  And that was a couple of years ago.

I’m wondering if they are trying to sell you a policy that’s not appropriate for a full-timer?

Edited by fpmtngal

We have our insurance with USAA and didn't have any problems when we moved our domicile to Texas using an Escapees Mail Service address. I know there are some banks and investment outfits that won't deal with full-timers with a mail service while others will. Perhaps the same is true with insurance companies.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Do you have an Escapees domicile address? Do you have that on your Texas driver license? Or do you just have an Escapees mail-service address? They are different things.

A domicile address is proof of domicile or residency and is used for Texas d/l, insurance etc. Many financial instituions will not accept an ordinary mail-service address. You could (or do) reside at a domicile address but you can't reside in a mailbox. For example, I have an Escapees domicile address in Florida, and Florida d/l with that address, and an Escapees mail-service address in Texas. My legal address is the Florida address and Progressive is happy with it.

Edited by jbh
clarity

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

26 minutes ago, LauraVictorious17 said:

I'm going to look for another insurance company since my current will cancel my policy next week without my sending them proof.

You may run into the same problem with another company. Have you registered the vehicles you wish to insure in Texas yet? If not that is probably at least part of the issue. 

Call up Escapees and ask them what the problem is and what to do. You say you're still in Arizona; what does that mean. Do you not have a Texas d/l? Do you not have Texas vehicle registration? Escapees sends you a letter to take to DMV with your affidavit of domicile to get a d/l. Have you done that?

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

My vehicle is registered in Texas and I have a TX driver's license. I was there and currently in AZ for another 7 weeks. I'm not currently living in my RV. When I was in TX I was renting a room, with an oral agreement, no lease. I'm supposed to prove that I reside in Texas. Not sure if the affidavit of domicile will be sufficient. 

I am going to be blunt. If they don't want my business, they know where they can stick it. I would call another company. Escapees address is proof of residence. They are being butts

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

51 minutes ago, durangodon said:

Insurance companies set their rates by where the vehicle is "garaged".  Most insurance agents are lax with that requirement and take a "don't ask, don't tell" approach.  Sounds like you got an agent who is a stickler for the rules.

Well stated. "Don't ask Don't tell" can bite us in the butt anytime there is a claim as well with a legal denial to cover it.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

6 hours ago, LauraVictorious17 said:

Not sure if the affidavit of domicile will be sufficient. 

Are you dealing with the same agent as you had previously, or one in Texas? You may want to try this endorsed insurance agency in Livingston.

Church Street Financial Services-Ins (CM#1016)
2123 US Hwy 190 W
Livingston, TX 77351
  Local: (936) 327-7789
Toll Free: (866) 327-7789
Email: insurance@churchstreetfinancial.com
  Church Street Financial Services is a Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agency representing many top-rated insurance companies. Our agents are licensed in Texas and offer services in the following: -Property & Casualty Insurance (Multiple RV Insurance Carriers for "full-timers") -Individual & Group Health Insurance -Life & Disability Insurance -Medicare Plans Our shop-around approach and ability to customize a plan to tailor-fit your unique situation gives our agency a comparative advantage.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:59 AM, GlennWest said:

I am going to be blunt. If they don't want my business, they know where they can stick it. I would call another company. Escapees address is proof of residence. They are being butts

I have to agree. I'm going to shop around. I guess they are being sticklers and they offered a discount if I downloaded an app to track my driving. I won't do that. Don't know if they're being this way because so many are moving to Texas because I've had them as my insurance company for nearly a year, when I insured in another state, and they didn't ask for proof of residency before.

• 2 weeks later...

If your auto insurance company requires proof of Texas residency and you do not have a lease or utility bills to provide, you may want to consider shopping for a new insurance company. However, it may be worth reaching out to your current insurance company to see if they have any alternative options for providing proof of residency. For example, some companies may accept other forms of documentation such as a voter registration card or a Texas driver's license. If your current insurance company is unwilling to work with you, it may be best to find a new company that better fits your needs.