Warmfloor StepHeat

rollinbrian

For RV's it says 24VAC power supply or 24V power pack, does that mean it cannot be used dry camping unless one has adequate solar or wind power?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

For RV's it says 24VAC power supply or 24V power pack, does that mean it cannot be used dry camping unless one has adequate solar or wind power?

Ray, you can use a small 12dc to 24v dc transformer or many of us use a 24v battery bank for our inverters that we can tap into.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Interesting product. I saw some similar products at one of the "Big Box" stores a few weeks ago and may check one of them out one day. 

They look like they have lots of rolls of the heating elements in the background of the video, but they all look like they are the same length. Makes me wonder if the size of the roll is the maximum size the power controller will handle. Information on power consumption would also be nice and info on how long you could operate on various battery bank sizes. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

9 hours ago, rollinbrian said:

If there's interest from the local community here I'll document the install and report on its performance.

It would also be helpful if you would update the results once installed about how well it works and how the power requirement works out for you. If any of the RV manufacturers are using it, I'm not aware of who they might be. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Ok, here's some details to get started.

We're just doing the upstairs bed/bath area for now.

You send them a floor plan, they send back a design.  After a couple tweaks we ordered and it arrived in a couple days.

Area is 120sqft and I've got a roll 106ft long and 9" wide to cut up and lay over that area. Power consumption is listed as 1160W, on a 24v system this comes to about 50amps of power.

We have a native 24v battery bank and specifically got a 24v controller, this allows our toughest use case to have the highest efficiency.

We'll pull a circuit off our Lynx Distributor, add a switch, and go from there.

Edited by rollinbrian

2017 Jayco Designer 37rs "Fiona"

2007 Volvo 670 "Henry"

16 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

I find it interesting that the RV version is 24v while the Tiny Home version is 12-48v. If one was always using hook-ups I would think the Tiny Home version might be easier to install. I have to do more research.

I think the versions are just marketing speak.  The first draft from them had a 120v ac converter for the 24v dc strips.  I then clarified I only wanted native 24v and they provided a 24v controller instead.

I suspect you can get whatever combination best fits your use case.

2007 Volvo 670 "Henry"

4 hours ago, rollinbrian said:

Power consumption is listed as 1160W, on a 24v system this comes to about 50amps of power.

I don't speak electricity but this sounds to me like it would use all your power leaving nothing for other needs. What am I misunderstanding?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

I don't speak electricity but this sounds to me like it would use all your power leaving nothing for other needs. What am I misunderstanding?

Linda

It's not light on power.  When plugged into shore power it'll effectively be powered by the Victron chargers.

The boondocking use will be similar to running air conditioners off battery power, yes you can, if all the circumstances are just right.  And I'm building up my trailer to have those circumstances.  Otherwise I'll be firing up the propane generator or propane furnace, which is a perfectly fine plan b.

2007 Volvo 670 "Henry"

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda

Linda, the key is the voltage. That wattage at 24v is about 50 amps, however, that same wattage at 120v is only about 9.5 amps. But you are dealing with AC vs. DC and then it all gets interesting to calculate.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 1 month later...