peak season rates in Escapee Parks and Coops

trostberg

For those of you in Escapee Parks in the peak seasons, can you provide information on rates during that time.    With the costs of operating a park increasing, are rates in the peak season months going up or are monthly rentals not offered during this time period.   I am not sure the information in the Escapee magazine is complete or updated for the coming year.

Thank you

1 hour ago, trostberg said:

For those of you in Escapee Parks in the peak seasons, can you provide information on rates during that time. 

Of the parks Escapee parks that we have stayed in I have never seen any evidence of peak season rates, just the rate that they have posted whenever you get there. Why don't you just call the office (936-327-8873) and ask them about rates?

Edited by Kirk W
repair a typo

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I was hoping to get an advance notice of changes that may be occuring in the coming year.  I see the magazine does not match what is currently on some of the Coop web sites.   Our park is looking at making some changes to our rates.  Our rates are about half of the local area and we are having an increase in expenses.

I don't believe most parks do first in first out anymore.

12 minutes ago, bigjim said:

but don't most of the rainbow parks have a first in first out situation where you "could" have to move out at some point.

No longer listed, if you check the website. It has been gone for quite a few years.

5 minutes ago, trostberg said:

Our park is looking at making some changes to our rates.

Someone at your park has to notify the magazine of changes for it to be published. I believe that the lead time for publication is about 60 days, but you should probably verify that as my memory isn't all that great. 😏

Good to know.  I never knew of anyone  that had to vacate at least for a while but Florida and Summerdale looked a little close to it a a couple of times.  Now that I think about it I believe you had an option to move into the boondocks for a little bit until another spot opened then your time started over.  I know every one of the rainbow parks I stayed at would go out of their way to accomodate to the best of their ability.🙂

21 hours ago, bigjim said:

If anyone mention this I did not see it and I have not been in an Escapees park in a good number of years but don't most of the rainbow parks have a first in first out situation where you "could" have to move out at some point.

I believe it's 8 months in, then out for 4 months before you can return.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

21 hours ago, bigjim said:

while but Florida and Summerdale looked a little close to it a a couple of times.  Now that I think about it I believe you had an option to move into the boondocks for a little bit until another spot opened then your time started over. 

That is the way that it used to be. I think that was changed a few years ago. I know that it has not been on the website for some time.

25 minutes ago, chindog said:

Where did you get that information? I have poured over the Rainbow Parks website and can find no mention of that. Here is what it says there.

WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING TO CAMP OVERNIGHT, FOR A MONTH, OR EVEN LONGER, WE HAVE A PARK WHERE YOU CAN CONNECT WITH YOUR ESCAPEES FAMILY AND HAVE A PLACE THAT FEELS LIKE HOME.

NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU WANT TO STAY, MOST ESCAPEES RV PARKS HAVE AN OPTION FOR YOU. WE OFFER OPTIONS INCLUDING SHORT-TERM, MONTHLY, LONG-TERM LEASES

It could be that one or more of the co-op parks have such a rule as each of them make their own rules. It is quite possible that the 2 California parks have a time limit to avoid the state rent control laws and possibly others.

Edited by Kirk W

33 minutes ago, chindog said:

What park is that?  I've never heard of that rule.

For the Arizona Saguaro Co-op park there are many ways of rentals... daily or annual.  Naturally, the longer you stay the cheaper it is.  

Approx. 350 on their wait list to get a lot!!  That park always has a big wait list.  It's a beautifully-run park with big sites.  We had a lot there for a long period of time.

https://www.skpsaguaro.org/ratesregulations.html

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

What is the hot list?

It's a $500 refundable fee to be put on to it.  They are all waiting to get a leased lot in the park.  Benson Saguaro is unique in that you don't have to be #1 to get a lot.  When a lot is advertised as available anyone can put their name into getting it.  The lowest number calling in on a Saturday gets the lot.  We were #116 when we got ours. We spent a good part of the winter there... just traveling for short trips.

http://skpsaguaro.org/be-a-leaseholder.html

Full-timed for 16 Years

13 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

When a lot is advertised as available anyone can put their name into getting it. 

I guess I should have read the entire page....   😏   The name fooled me to think that there minght be 2 lists. We have stayed at most of the co-op parks but at Sagauro by far the most with Dream Catcher the most common Rainbow park stop. Living in TX and wife's family in southern CA we have traveld that was a lot. We have long considered Saguaro to be our favorite co-op park.

16 hours ago, chindog said:

16 hours ago, Kirk W said:

It is quite possible that the 2 California parks have a time limit to avoid the state rent control laws and possibly others.

I know people who have, or have had, lots in both of the California Co-ops.  At no time has anyone mentioned they could only stay there for 8 months and then had to leave for 4.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

1 hour ago, LindaH said:

I know people who have, or have had, lots in both of the California Co-ops. 

I do also and I have spent a week in Johoba a couple of times but I have never asked about the rent control issue. I do know that commercial RV parks have limits for that reason. Even if they do have such, I'd be surprised if it was 8 & 4. 

Edited by Kirk W

3 hours ago, LindaH said:

I know people who have, or have had, lots in both of the California Co-ops.  At no time has anyone mentioned they could only stay there for 8 months and then had to leave for 4.

Lot holders who own a share in the Co-op can stay as long as they want, but weekly or monthly renters are time limited by the rights CA gives to renters.  CA law basically treats people who rent a space in an RV park the same as people who rent a house or an apartment.  The longer you stay, the harder it is for the park to evict you for cause, including non-payment of rent.  After 9 months the park has to go through a full blown court ordered eviction enforced by the sheriff, which is expensive for the park and can take a while.  I lived for 5 years in a couple of RV parks while I was working in CA and was never offered more than a 6 month lease.  At the end of the lease I had to leave the park for periods ranging from a couple of days to drive around the block and come back in.  This reset the tenancy clock and the park could refuse to let me back in if they were so inclined.

Edited by Lou Schneider

It's at Sumter Oaks in Bushnell.  The info is not from the website, but from people I know who stay in the park who don't have an ERPU site, but stay month to month.  They have had to find spots in other parks for a few months before they could return.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

7 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

Lot holders who own a share in the Co-op can stay as long as they want, but weekly or monthly renters are time limited by the rights CA gives to renters.  CA law basically treats people who rent a space in an RV park the same as people who rent a house or an apartment.  The longer you stay, the harder it is for the park to evict you for cause, including non-payment of rent.  After 9 months the park has to go through a full blown court ordered eviction enforced by the sheriff, which is expensive for the park and can take a while.  I lived for 5 years in a couple of RV parks while I was working in CA and was never offered more than a 6 month lease.  At the end of the lease I had to leave the park for periods ranging from a couple of days to drive around the block and come back in.  This reset the tenancy clock and the park could refuse to let me back in if they were so inclined.

Here is Coarsegold - California's stay limit for visitors - 30 days in a calendar year.   https://www.parkofthesierras.org/stay-with-us/campingrates/

Jojoba - California's - 28 days in a calendar year.  https://jojobahills.com/cms/about/rates/

WOW!

Full-timed for 16 Years

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, chindog said:

Never heard of this. At Rovers Roost Co-op you can stay as long as you want, or until the lot owner comes back. We will then move you to another available lot. If no lots are available you can move to boondocking until a lot becomes available. But I believe (this is a gotcha for me) you can only stay for 7 days in boondocking before you need to leave the park: this time might be negotiable if boondocking is not full, but don’t quote me, as you need to check with the office. At the moment there is only one rig in boondocking. 

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

52 minutes ago, gypsydan said:

At Rovers Roost Co-op you can stay as long as you want, or until the lot owner comes back.

Each of the co-op parks make their own rules so they do vary and in some cases they also have state or local regulations that they have to adhere to. If the Escapee owned parks have any kind of time limits, I have been unable to find evidence of it. I know that some of their parks do have leased sites with people keeping them year around. 

We were just at the park in Livingston and had a couple people we talked to tell us the 8 month in and 4 out. I’ve heard it before at different parks but think it’s more about not having a permanent tenant like a trailer park does. Probably a state requirement too. I’ve never seen it in writing at the escapees park just heard. 

I think there may be some confusion between Escapees RV Parks and SKP Co-op Parks. The 8/4 rule only applies to Escapees RV Parks. If a co-op adopts something similar, that is up to them, but their day-to-day operations are handled by their respective co-op boards and staff.

The Terms and Conditions portion of each of our Escapees RV Park websites is where you'll find more information about the stay limits. This only applies to temporary stays, not annual leases.

"Monthly/Weekly/Daily Rental: visitors may renew at the monthly, weekly, or daily rate for no longer than 8 consecutive months. After 8 consecutive months, the visitors must leave the park for at least 4 months."

Regarding others' comments about shuffling guests around- that has been more prevalent in the past, but in recent years, we have moved away from doing that. We no longer move existing guests around the park to accommodate "squeeze-in" reservations for longer-term guest reservations.

Communications Director

signature logo a.jpg