401 k loosing money

GlennWest

Right now we would probably be better off to have all of our money in CD's but the problem with that is that you have costs to do that and it locks you in for a year or so. I wish that I had a good answer. Mine is now down by about 20%.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The 401k I had allowed me to shift my funds into a variety of different mutuals, bond funds, and even a guaranteed interest account. That guaranteed interest account saved my butt in the 2007 fiasco after I moved everything into at the first signs of trouble. It only paid 5%, but at least it was making money when everything else was losing. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

If you have premium stocks in your mix and all stocks and the market is going down all I do is wait it out. But I do not depend on them for my retirement funds. So if you, like us, have some cash, buying while prices are down can be a good idea. I am staying pat and will watch them rise again as they always do as I am long. (Not all, some weak stocks do go bankrupt as one of my penny stocks just did) Just try to chart a course to follow Buffet's advice to buy low and sell high. You have not lost a penny until you sell. Nor have you profited until you sell. Stocks like Amazon, Tesla, Apple, Facebook tend to recover well. But even that is not a guarantee.

Time will tell.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire