Wheel Bearings for MorRyde IS 9k

SuiteSuccess

My DRV has the MorRyde IS  9k axles with Kodiak Disk brakes.   Time to repack again and I’ll be doing myself this time. I called MorRyde to get part numbers for bearings and seals because I would like to carry a set in case of emergency.  Spoke to MorRyde parts department and got the following information:  seal- Scotseal 27438.  For bearings got Timken:  Inner 031-031-02; Outer 031-030-02.  Standard bearings (non Timken):  Inner 100-0663; Outer 031-030-02.  Turns out the 100-0663 is MorRydes number and didn’t correspond to any part number.  I had misplaced the piece of paper that I had written the numbers on and called back and was routed to a Ms. Gregory who emailed the info in the picture.  My question is, I would really like to order Timken as my spare set but I’m having difficulty cross referencing the bearing parts numbers she sent to Timken bearings.  Is a 28580 the same as a 031-031-02?  And is a 25580 the same as a 031-030-02?  I ask because Timken also lists a 28580 and 25580 bearing as well as the 031s.

p7X6PUAl.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Just pull a set of bearings out and take them and your seal to Napa or another auto parts store and get them there. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

14 minutes ago, jenandjon said:

Just pull a set of bearings out and take them and your seal to Napa or another auto parts store and get them there. 

That was plan B.  Was just hoping someone was knowledgeable on cross referencing.  Thanks.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

www.etrailer.com should be able give you a number for the bearing and seal as a package or individual items as you desire. I have had good luck with them on more than brakes and bearing.

Clay with MorRyde IS and 8K axles

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

35 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

www.etrailer.com should be able give you a number for the bearing and seal as a package or individual items as you desire. I have had good luck with them on more than brakes and bearing.

Clay with MorRyde IS and 8K axles

Thanks I’ve already checked with them.  Their bearings are Redline which are manufactured in China.  Dexter’s also use China bearings.  I’ve previously compared the Chinese to Timkens and their are definitely quality differences.  So if and when I replace, would like Timkens.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

28 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Thanks I’ve already checked with them.  Their bearings are Redline which are manufactured in China.  Dexter’s also use China bearings.  I’ve previously compared the Chinese to Timkens and their are definitely quality differences.  So if and when I replace, would like Timkens.

I'm not saying that Timkens are not better, don't know.  However, they are not all made in the U.S.A., if any are.

Here's a short video, showing visual evidence.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_YFye-Z7GY

The narrator in the video keeps saying (in various words) that if it's Chinese origin, it's lessor quality.  While this can be true, it's not always true.  I remember when the older generation referred to anything made in Japan as "Japanese junk."

I would use a Timken product, whatever the source.  They've got a reputation to defend.  I doubt they'd substitute poor quality in their package.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

You can also consider getting quality spares at an industrial supply house rather than say NAPA or other AUTO parts house.  Go to where manufacturing plants buy their parts, Grainger or McMaster Carr are some but not my preference as they dont have inside sales counters with experienced staff in all places, but places like Kaman Industrial or similar are better choices for me.

Marcel

Carl,

The list below are authorize Distributor in your area, maybe one of them can help with numbers.

Ken....

1. OVERBROOK AUTO PARTS
2819 B WESTERN AVE
KNOXVILLE, TN 37921, USA
5. GENERAL PARTS CORP
P.O. Box 3008
KNOXVILLE, TN 37927, USA
Phone: 865-525-6191
Fax: 865-637-4110
2. General Parts Corporation
7 EMORY PLACE
KNOXVILLE, TN 37917, USA
Phone: (865) 525-6191
Fax: (865) 637-4110
6. VOLUNTEER PRODUCTS INC
3103 E GOV SEVIER HIGHWAY
KNOXVILLE, TN 37914, USA
Phone: (865) 521-9100
Fax: (865) 522-0080
3. KEN SMITH AUTO PARTS 3
2622 TEXAS AVE
KNOXVILLE, TN 37921, USA
7. STANDARD AUTO PARTS
8710 ASHVILLE HWY
KNOXVILLE, TN 37924, USA
4. NATIONAL AUTO PARTS
4733 CLINTON HIGHWAY
KNOXVILLE, TN 37912, USA

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

Ok local NAPA has National bearings in stock (28580 and 25580).  Said they are American made. Opinions?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3