The Scary but Excited, Inexperienced RV Newby

Janean

I'm looking she moved back to Cali, but I'm going tout there and buy an RV, travel trailer, destination trailer, 5th wheel I actually have no clue. I want to buy an RV lot that's not so expensive. I have a dog and I think having my own lot I feel a lot better for her she gets to run around like I'm fence it off and most RV parks don't like bigger dogs and she's not very social.  Maybe a long-term lot till I can purchase one. Fine, please help 😁

Hello,  

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for responding, I think the main issues I'm having is finding an RV Park that is pet friendly, because my dog Jynx is not very social, but also, would love to find a space I could rent thats a little secluded/private for long term, or possibly purchasing a lot that I can fence in. 

Also, its just me so maybe a travel or destination trailer so it would be a little easier for me to handle. 

By the way, Love your name (Jinx)

and thank you, 

11 hours ago, whj469 said:

There are some very nice ones in CA. I wouldn't call them inexpensive.

LOL,. I know, I've looked at a few, very expensive, and one place told me you are only allowed to live at the park 9 months out of the year. Is that correct? Is that the law in Cali?

Yuma, Arizona may be better for you.... cheaper and a lot of RV parks.

Many RV parks don't allow certain breeds of dogs.  What is yours?

Good luck finding a reasonable place!

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

32 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

And there are months that are less tolerable, due to weather(heat) so many travel FROM there over the summer.

3 hours ago, Janean said:

Also, its just me so maybe a travel or destination trailer so it would be a little easier for me to handle.

Might help us if we knew what your experience is or what you are willing to consider.  Your working with pretty open ended subjects here.  Some live in converted vans($800/month to live pssible) all the way to semi-trucks with 53' converted trailers(way more than $800/month), and SO MUCH  in between.  

You tube has lots of personal experiences on this subject with very good perspectives on each type of situation being so unique.

Marcel

51 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

And there are months that are less tolerable, due to weather(heat) so many travel FROM there over the summer.

Might help us if we knew what your experience is or what you are willing to consider.  Your working with pretty open ended subjects here.  Some live in converted vans($800/month to live pssible) all the way to semi-trucks with 53' converted trailers(way more than $800/month), and SO MUCH  in between.  

You tube has lots of personal experiences on this subject with very good perspectives on each type of situation being so unique.

Thank you so much for the info.  I will definitely look in AZ as well. 

3 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

My wife and I spent the Summer of 2020 in Yuma (Wellton)... with good advice & help from this Escapee's Group... It is tolerable.   We purchased a lot, installed an RV Port (Roof cover), and made sure we had a backup plan if our A/C failed.   Our highest Electric bill was $207/mo.   Good luck.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

6 hours ago, Janean said:

LOL,. I know, I've looked at a few, very expensive, and one place told me you are only allowed to live at the park 9 months out of the year. Is that correct? Is that the law in Cali?

It's a tax thing mostly.  A park that provides temporary parking gets taxed and managed differently than one that provides full time residences.

9 months is the cut off value so those folks have a regular rotation between a couple parks.

2017 Jayco Designer 37rs "Fiona"

2007 Volvo 670 "Henry"

1 hour ago, rollinbrian said:

It's a tax thing mostly.  A park that provides temporary parking gets taxed and managed differently than one that provides full time residences.

9 months is the cut off value so those folks have a regular rotation between a couple parks.

Thank you, I have no knowledge, but I'm learning from people like you so thank you oh so much!

15 hours ago, Janean said:

I'm probably going to make several mistakes,

If you are like the rest of us, "will" fits better then "probably."  My biggest mistake in starting out was getting too much stuff that I didn't need.  That was the product of not knowing enough bout what I was doing.  You have started with a forum of folks who know quite a bit.  They are helpful.  You should manage OK.

Jinx says thank you.  Until we retired she went by the name her parents named her.  No one could pronounce it consistently.  No one could spell it consistently.  No one could remember it consistently.  When we retired and she no longer ran the office she decided she would go by another name.  It is working well.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ