Check the driveshaft on this truck

Wrknrvr

Vern, is that in Congress? We're in #5, behind the office. I'll wander later, looking for your Volvo.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Well now Darryl I have got to tell you we are in New Mexico.

i really did not think you would stop there. We will get together sometime this winter. I thought you would be In Apache Junction by now.

But what details he has done on the old . I must be old because the name is stuck in my brain at this moment.

Diamond Reo it is.    I will check tomorrow on what year. I will say 1960. Not sure when they were sold.

Really sorry for not being there.

Vern 

Wonder what it looks like in motion? 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

9 hours ago, durangodon said:

A barber's pole.

but a really fast one. Most turn pretty slow, at least the one's I've seen. What is the typical RPM for a drive shaft? How much does it vary? Questions in my mind but don't think I've ever really asked or tried to figure out. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

4 minutes ago, lappir said:

but a really fast one. Most turn pretty slow, at least the one's I've seen. What is the typical RPM for a drive shaft? How much does it vary? Questions in my mind but don't think I've ever really asked or tried to figure out. 

Rod

Hi Rod

For driveline rpm divide the engine rpm by the transmission ratio. Example An Eaton Fuller 13 or 18 speed with .74 overdrive in top gear will turn the driveline at 2027 rpm at 1800 engine rpm. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

2 minutes ago, noteven said:

Hi Rod

For driveline rpm divide the engine rpm by the transmission ratio. Example An Eaton Fuller 13 or 18 speed with .74 overdrive in top gear will turn the driveline at 2027 rpm at 1800 engine rpm. 

So that's much faster than any "Barbers Pole" I've ever seen turning. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 11/14/2021 at 5:00 PM, Wrknrvr said:

Well I cannot post a comment on the last post.

But I was wrong about the truck model. It looks like a Autocar. And it left before I could talk to the owner today. There was about 4 fifth wheels traveling together 

But what detail on that truck.

Vern

My first Adult Job was a job working for Wausau Homes at the Ottumwa, Iowa location . I worked on one of the many construction crews that put together the Prefabricated homes in as little as three days and up to a week or two depending on the size. The company had a couple "Autocar" mounted "Cranes" they use to lift the prefabricated floor panels, walls and roof panels into place. The other Cranes were mounted behind a cab over that also pulled a trailer with the building panels and supplies. The Autocar cranes had more range so for the larger houses that's the ones that showed up. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800