Need FedEx Advice ASAP!!!

Kevin H

We are traveling and I need a Fedex package delivered.  Interestingly, FedEx will not deliver to a business, not even a FedEx will call facility.  They want a residential address.

We don't know anyone in this town. 

Any suggestions???

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

They delivered a package to the receiving dock here at our apartment complex recently but it did bounce around several suburbs before finally being delivered here with a note that FedEx was to deliver it not pass it off to the post office. Your comment seems to explain that.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Thanks everyone.  I was quite surprised when the Dell person said they cannot deliver to anything but a residential address.

I went to the local FedEx office, actual FedEx, not Walgreens etc.  She said that the Dell person was correct.  But, she suggested to just put the street number of the FedEx office where we were and all should be fine.

Sooo.  That's what I did.  Dell did not throw a fit and all appears to be good.  I'll let ya'll know what happens.  Hopefully via my new computer!!

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

1 hour ago, hemsteadc said:

Seems odd to have a will-call facility but they won't deliver to it.   Isn't there a shipping place or mailbox service anywhere in this town?

I think the issue is the definition of "delivered."  Just two weeks ago I had a FedEx package diverted to one of its Will Call facilities because my local TX mail service wasn't going to be open on the Labor Day weekend.  I sat around waiting for a text saying it had been delivered, but none ever came.  Instead I received a confusing text stating that my package would be delivered by the following Wednesday!!  I called the 800-number only to discover that the package was at the Will Call facility.  When I picked it up from there a few minutes later I did receive a text stating that it was "delivered."

What I deduced was that FedEx doesn't treat packages being held at a Will Call as having been delivered.  So you can't put that address down as a delivery address.  But you should be able to use a local address as the "delivery address" but then request that the package be held at the Will Call facility.

Does that make your head spin? 😂 

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

2 hours ago, Kevin H said:

She said that the Dell person was correct.  But, she suggested to just put the street number of the FedEx office where we were and all should be fine.

It may be different with a computer as I ran into problems getting a new Dell some years ago when I was in Maine. But the problem was with Dell more than FedEx. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

21 hours ago, Kevin H said:

Any suggestions???

Call ahead to your next CG and ask them if they will accept packages.  That has worked for us everywhere.  It may take using the CG owner's home address, but I'm pretty sure CG owners get FedEx too.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

On 9/15/2021 at 11:23 AM, Kevin H said:

Interestingly, FedEx will not deliver to a business, not even a FedEx will call facility. 

Did you find a solution for the shipment? If not, is there a possibility of using UPS or someone else in leu of FedEx?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI