Need help with registration

rpsinc

Working on registering my new to me 730 and have domicile in SD.  Trailer already registered there and so was MDT.  What should I do to register my HDT in the best and most cost effective way?  GVWR? Tires? Value?  Are those the important things?  Any other that we need to know about?

I know many have taken this path and so experienced advise is GREATLY appreciated.

Marcel

We filled out the regular vehicle registration papers, the title affidavit paper to say what we had in it’s far as motorhome requirements(they have a form and you just check the boxes),a weight ticket for empty weight, and a picture of the truck. We mailed it all in along with the title and in a week or two they called us and we paid tax and registration over the phone and they sent plates. The title took a couple months to get back to us. All the forms are on their website. 

On 8/19/2021 at 12:11 PM, jeffw said:

I guess I didnt go there because I am not sure how current the information is.  I was looking for some that have current experience.  Although that info is useful, and we also got a link from AM for help, I wonder if there are some options that we could incorporate ie. registered GVWR for instance, that may make the process better.  

Trying to avoid a Homer Simpson moment, DOHHH!, that may come later in the way of.."I wish I had known that when I registered it".

Marcel

We registered ours back in 2014.  Did the affidavit with the boxes checked to show it was an RV. Never got asked any questions about it.  Took longer waiting in line than the actual window time.  Minnehaha County, Sioux Falls

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins