Recommendations for a 25-footish Class C with a corner bed?

amarie1

I've done two major trips with my first RV, a 30-foot Thor 29FE. It runs great but it has taught me a bit more about what I really want/need. My major issue with the floorplan is that there's so much wasted space in back with the walk-around Queen bed and wardrobe and closets. (It's just me and a doggo.) Ideally I'd have a sunny facing-twin bed floorplan that I could use as a living room too, or a one with a corner bed with windows that I could throw a bolster on and lounge there as desired.

So now I'm looking for a "new" Class C ... 2015-2020 year models. (price range $50-$75K)

For the corner bed and a rear bathroom floorplan, I want a big U- or J-shaped dinette. I'd prefer one with a slide by the living area. Length 24-28. Any model suggestions? 

I've noted down these:
Forest River Sunseeker 2350 SLE or 2150 SLE https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/class-c-motorhomes/sunseeker-le/2350SLE/4413
Winnebago Itasca Spirit (though I don't think their current models have a corner bed)

For the rear twin-bed floorplan, I've only found a Class A that fits that bill, and I'm not sure if I'd like all that sun glaring down at me while I'm driving 😉

Thor Vegas 24.1 https://www.thormotorcoach.com/vegas/floor-plans/241/

Thanks for any help!

AM

Edited by amarie1

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

We had ONE RV with a corner bed and  said never another one.  With a couple it gets to be a pain to crawl over the other one.  Plus the one up against the side wall is either hot or cold.  If you are a solo traveler, it is not a problem except it is a pain to get the sheets on and the spread on.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 3 weeks later...

The Winnebago View/Navion lines have a slide. I don't know how much used ones are going for nowadays but they've been making them for a long time so there might be some deals out there. I think the corner bed model has always been a 24J.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 year later...

Believe me, you do not want a corner bed.  First, if there are two people, one has to crawl out over the other one to get out or the outside person move.  The other problem is you have to be a contortionist to make the bed.  If it often referred to as the "first-timer RV bed"/

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chuck711 said:

Winnebago Trend 23L

Love it

3 sleeping areas but will only use corner bed

Bed has neat backseat feature

Lots of room 15-17 mpg

Trend Fitted Mattress Pad.jpg

How do you put sheets on that? I can see if you raise both sides equally but just one side?

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I bought 2 sets of sheets and a mattress topper

Had a seamstress sew the topper and fitted sheets to enclose each raised back 

So put the topper and fitted sheets on from raised back ends first then pull down

Easily done.

Was looking for a RV with a full size bed and found an abundance of twin bunks

Some like the Roadtrek offered a bed comprised of a bunch of cushions thrown together 

Our last RV of 8 years was a Rialta with a Full size bed and we were spoiled

Yes both sides of mattress raise for sitting up, a ratchet system

Winnebago Trend is awesome

7 hours ago, Chuck711 said:

I bought 2 sets of sheets and a mattress topper

Had a seamstress sew the topper and fitted sheets to enclose each raised back 

So put the topper and fitted sheets on from raised back ends first then pull down

Easily done.

Excellent solution!

Linda