Reward for posting reviews

Every once in awhile Campground Reviews sends reviewers a message telling them how many views their posts have had. I just went over 10,000 and was at 99 total reviews. I then got a message saying I was being rewarded with two years free of RV Life of which of most interest to me contains RVTW. I think, but don't quote me, that it costs $49/year.

The morale is, posting reviews can be lucrative. It's a good move on their part too, Pour encourager les autres. If my HS French still works

I also get those messages and I think it's important that everyone post reviews...not only bad ones but also good ones.  If people doing their planning would explore the various review sites it would be very helpful for them.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

13 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Every once in awhile Campground Reviews sends reviewers a message telling them how many views their posts have had. I just went over 10,000 and was at 99 total reviews. I then got a message saying I was being rewarded with two years free of RV Life of which of most interest to me contains RVTW. I think, but don't quote me, that it costs $49/year.

The morale is, posting reviews can be lucrative. It's a good move on their part too, Pour encourager les autres. If my HS French still works

I post them all the time now. I stoped posting them for a couple of years. But I want to contribute to help other RVers. I forget how many people have looked or thanked me for me reviews. I get an email from them about once a month. I wanted to add to a review and my submission was to long for them. But then they wrote me back and said that they will add it as I contribute a lot. 

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

13 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I also get those messages and I think it's important that everyone post reviews...not only bad ones but also good ones.  If people doing their planning would explore the various review sites it would be very helpful for them.

I post factual things like cell signal strength, OTA tv channels, wifi plus any observations.

12 hours ago, rynosback said:

I post them all the time now. I stoped posting them for a couple of years. But I want to contribute to help other RVers. I forget how many people have looked or thanked me for me reviews. I get an email from them about once a month. I wanted to add to a review and my submission was to long for them. But then they wrote me back and said that they will add it as I contribute a lot. 

On 6/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, agesilaus said:

"Maybe" on your HS French - but negative on your HS English usage..😕

Morale -vs- moral:

Ex:  The *morale* of the reviewers is outstanding!...... The *moral* is, posting reviews can be lucrative.

27 minutes ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Morale -vs- moral:

Ex:  The *morale* of the reviewers is outstanding!...... The *moral* is, posting reviews can be lucrative.

This comment is really uncalled for!!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I don't know, if you are trying to show-off what you remember from HS French and screwup the usage of two words in English that are close to the same spelling, then you open yourself up to someone poking you in the ribs. 😉

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

On 6/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, agesilaus said:

The morale is, posting reviews can be lucrative. It's a good move on their part too,

Only if you have an interest in the RVLife.com parts that are gained by paying out that $50. To me there is nothing in the Social Knowledge empire that I am willing to pay in order to have. Possibly I would if I were new, but not today. There seems to be a tremendous growth in RV help sites on the internet and many of them remain free to use.  This comes from RV Life website.

RV LIFE provides its users with RV related services and content via the network of websites [including but not exhaustive to rvlife.com, campgroundreviews.com, rvtripwizard.com, and sites as found on rvlifenetwork.com] (collectively, the “Website”) and/or the RV LIFE mobile application, including the mobile applications RVParking, and Campground Reviews (collectively, the “Application” and together with the Website, the “RV LIFE Service”). The RV LIFE Service is owned and operated by Social Knowledge, LLC, a Texas limited liability company

No question that RV life is changing and will continue to do so well into the future. We attended our first RV show in Denver back in 1969, then bought our first very basic, very experienced RV in 1972.( a 66 Bethany TeePee Topper) towed with our 71 Jeepster Commando. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hey y'all.. I'm an Escapee's member and the founder of what is now called RV LIFE.  One of my colleagues linked me to this discussion and I thought I'd say hello.

agesilaus, 99 reviews, that's amazing.  I know the little thank you we sent out said it was for two years but before the two years expires we'll launch a system that will reward folks for contributing with the intent of making sure it stays free for folks who contribute like you.

We had to find a business model that would afford us resources to keep building better tools (translation = if we don't make money, we can't pay programmers to improve the tools).  We understand that there are tons of free resources so our hope is that people who don't want to pay can simply contribute to the community will be rewarded with full access to all the tools.

Thanks again for being part of Campground Reviews community.  It's amazing to see what has been accomplished together since it was launched.  We should all be proud of what we have built together.

27 minutes ago, Andy R said:

Hey y'all.. I'm an Escapee's member and the founder of what is now called RV LIFE.  One of my colleagues linked me to this discussion and I thought I'd say hello.

Let me mention to you why I stopped posting reviews on campgroundreviews.  I posted many reviews over the years.  Then, I went to your big iRV2 forum and got involved in a few discussions there.  One of your moderators told me I couldn't include a link to my RV blog in my posts because there was a link there to books I have written.  My 99 cent books made, in his opinion, my blog "commercial."  I decided that I was making you money by posting my reviews on your site for free but your forum was worried I might make a few cents on a book I was basically giving away.  

So, I stopped posting my reviews there and haven't posted any since.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

10 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Morale -vs- moral:

Your remark was uncalled for and unwelcome. Do you think that your being helpful? No need to answer that as I will, you’re not. I just know when I block you, I won’t have to see what you say again. Have a great life.

Love that feature, POOF, your gone. 😀🎉😀

Edited by rynosback

On 6/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, agesilaus said:

I post things to help other campers know what they are in for not for money. It’s about helping out your fellow person. If everyone did that and did it just to be helpful, this world would be a special place 

On 6/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, agesilaus said:

Pour encourager les autres

You made me smile with my morning coffee.  The most famous use of this phrase is from Voltaire's "Candide."  He was referring to the British Navy's execution of Admiral Byng for losing the Battle of Minorca in 1756.  Voltaire said, Dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral pour encourager les autres.  A reasonable translation is, "In this country, it is thought wise to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage the others."

I do write reviews.  I hope to survive the process.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

9 hours ago, Andy R said:

.. I'm an Escapee's member and the founder of what is now called RV LIFE.  One of my colleagues linked me to this discussion and I thought I'd say hello.

Welcome to the forums. I hope that you stick around to contribute to these forums. I have 2 questions if you would be so kind?  Is RV Life now the new name for the former site socialknowledge.com, (Social Knowledge, LLC)? Second question, will you be participating in the 2021 Escapade?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 6/29/2021 at 7:27 PM, Andy R said:

agesilaus, 99 reviews, that's amazing.  I know the little thank you we sent out said it was for two years but before the two years expires we'll launch a system that will reward folks for contributing with the intent of making sure it stays free for folks who contribute like you.

We had to find a business model that would afford us resources to keep building better tools (translation = if we don't make money, we can't pay programmers to improve the tools).  We understand that there are tons of free resources so our hope is that people who don't want to pay can simply contribute to the community will be rewarded with full access to all the tools.

Thanks again for being part of Campground Reviews community.  It's amazing to see what has been accomplished together since it was launched.  We should all be proud of what we have built together.

Thanks for the resource. I use it all the time. 

On 6/29/2021 at 9:59 PM, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

Let me mention to you why I stopped posting reviews on campgroundreviews.  I posted many reviews over the years.  Then, I went to your big iRV2 forum and got involved in a few discussions there.  One of your moderators told me I couldn't include a link to my RV blog in my posts because there was a link there to books I have written.  My 99 cent books made, in his opinion, my blog "commercial."  I decided that I was making you money by posting my reviews on your site for free but your forum was worried I might make a few cents on a book I was basically giving away.  

So, I stopped posting my reviews there and haven't posted any since.

Sorry you had that experience.  Each forum community and Campground Reviews are managed by different teams made up of RVers from those particular communities.  So each one has slightly different tolerances for what they allow (or not).  You would be surprised at how many people join just to hawk their wares.  So some teams have taken a more aggressive approach and others are more relaxed.

Their intent is simply to foster a community free from commercial influence.  Did the pendulum swing too far, possibly.  We are always looking to improve and I have some ideas on how we can be better based on your feedback. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:29 AM, rynosback said:

I post things to help other campers know what they are in for not for money. It’s about helping out your fellow person. If everyone did that and did it just to be helpful, this world would be a special place 

Thank you so much for being kind and sharing.  I agree 100% that we can build better communities by participating and sharing our knowledge.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:34 AM, Kirk W said:

Welcome to the forums. I hope that you stick around to contribute to these forums. I have 2 questions if you would be so kind?  Is RV Life now the new name for the former site socialknowledge.com, (Social Knowledge, LLC)? Second question, will you be participating in the 2021 Escapade?

I started Social Knowledge way back before Facebook.  I got the name from seeing the rallies being planned and friendships made (social) and all the knowledge being shared.  For over a decade our focus was on managing forums.

We actually listen to our users and roll out features based on their needs.  So for rally planning we added an RSVP system to the Rally Calendar.  They were buying and selling RVs so we added a classified.  They were asking about where to camp so we added campground reviews.

The problem was that any one forum didn't have the scale to get reviews for 20,000+ campgrounds.  Lots of members mentioned RVParkReviews.com as a place they found trusted reviews.  After years of chatting with the owner he decided to pass the torch to me.  At this point we evolved from just forums to having to manage custom built software.

We later bought and integrated RV Trip Wizard then we launched the RV GPS App.  We were morphing from an online publisher into a software company.

I often go to industry events and would have to introduce myself as "I'm Andy from Social Knowledge, we run a bunch of RV websites." instead it's easier to say "I'm Andy from RV LIFE".  So RV LIFE is not the new name of Social Knowledge, it's what I call our RV websites collectively.

We now have RV LIFE Pro which is a collection of all our RV tools.

As for the 60th Escapade, unfortunately I won't be attending.  I have met Travis, Melanie and Shawn at events in the past but I have yet to attend the big Escapade.  Maybe next year...

18 hours ago, rynosback said:

Thanks for the resource. I use it all the time. 

Awesome, glad to hear that.  It's always nice to hear about real world stories.  

Edited by Andy R