Vaccine passport apps

Kirk W

Sometimes it is hard to hear it but I tend to pay more attention to those that this is what we know up to now rather than this is the total answer from here on out.

In 1999 I had  pnumonia shot that was supposed be for a lifetime.   Since then I have at least two newer versions.  Last Tues. I got started on the new 2 shot version of the shingle shot after already having one in the past.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim, yep I have to do the Pneumonia, Shingles, and Hepatitis I think, all over again.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

10 hours ago, bigjim said:

In 1999 I had  pnumonia shot that was supposed be for a lifetime.

I think that was about when I had my first pneumonia vaccination as well. But no vaccine that I know of is truly permanent or 100% effective. Also like you, I have had another one more recently at the recommendation of my doctor. She says that the new version is beleied to be more effective and covers more varieties of virus. I found the following online info.

PNEUMOVAX 23 is a vaccine approved for people 50 years of age or older and people two years and younger who are at increased risk for pneumococcal disease. It immunized for pneumococcal disease caused by 23 serotypes. In some cases, the CDC recommends that adults get Prevnar 13 in addition to Pneumovax 23.

10 hours ago, bigjim said:

I got started on the new 2 shot version of the shingle shot after already having one in the past.

I got the older version back about 2015 or so, and we just completed the Shingrex last month, at the recommendation of our doctor. Here is what web MD says.

In studies, Shingrix was more than 97% effective at preventing shingles in people 50 and older. It works just as well in older adults, who are at greater risk for a painful shingles complication called postherpetic neuralgia (PHN). "When 70- and 80-year-olds get shingles, it can be extremely debilitating," Chen says.

By contrast, Zostavax cuts the risk of shingles by only 51% and PHN by 67%. It's only about 38% effective in people over age 70.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

bigjim that's part of the problem. We have all become so reliant on vaccines, antibiotics and steroids that our bodies have become lazy. Time to toughen up and live in a bark hut. Do our own hunting. 😆

Seriously though my sister inlaw and her excuse of a husband are at the doctor everytime they get a sniffle. They pop pills for everything known to mankind. Their doctor should give them a good hard slap and say 'no' every now and again.

Now how many of us are like them? (Caveat - I pop 25 pills a day. But half of them are to keep me alive. The other half I have no idea of).

On 4/9/2021 at 7:15 AM, Barbaraok said:

Actually Bruce, the research work was going on a lot longer than you realize, started with the SARS virus years ago, and since that is also a corona virus, it was easy to build upon it once they had the genome.   Plus 'Crisper' has made a huge difference in how they can identify and work with viruses, and the mRNA based vaccines are going to make a huge difference in virology in the years to come.   

This is an astute observation. 
Virology is at a point where the internet was 20 years ago.  Scientists are able to dismantle a virus's construction and using AI technology they can rapidly deploy countermeasures.   
We ain't seen nothin' yet.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich