Vaccine passport apps

Kirk W

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I listened to that Kirk. Presently there are several APPS but the government is working of a universal approved APP.

We just took a picture of our vaccination card with our cell phone JIC we are asked. The cards are left home.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

18 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

We just took a picture of our vaccination card with our cell phone JIC we are asked. The cards are left home.

The same with us, but I suppose the might be concerned about counterfeit cards? I wouldn't that it would be be very difficult to make one. As far as I am aware, nobody is asking for proof in this area. I know several people who have traveled by air recently and they were not asked.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have NY's App.  Easy to apply for, they fill it out from the state records so a counterfeit would be difficult, however it will be a PIA in that it is only good for a month even though I'm a month past my second vaccination.  Haven't yet tried the renewal process.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

12 hours ago, SWharton said:

We were given a card to carry proving we had the vaccine, why would we need anything else?

Well, if your card is anything like the one we received, it's larger than credit card size and doesn't fit in a wallet.  

Once we receive our second shot, we'll be taking a picture of it on our phones and leaving the physical card at home.  Once a vaccine passport app is available for the entire US, we'll do that, too.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I took a picture of my card after I received my 2nd shot from the advice of a nurse. This was over a week of ago. 

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, LindaH said:

Well, if your card is anything like the one we received, it's larger than credit card size and doesn't fit in a wallet.  

Yeah I have one and I notice it has a CDC emblem in the upper corner. Leave it to government to mess up a card that should fit in a wallet.

5 hours ago, LindaH said:

Once we receive our second shot, we'll be taking a picture of it on our phones and leaving the physical card at home.  Once a vaccine passport app is available for the entire US, we'll do that, too.

Our card was designed to fold in half making it the size of a credit card. We did take pictures of ours to put in the cloud but I also carry mine in my wallet so it will be there next to my insurance card should I not be in a condition to access the cloud.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

If I understand the present Covid-19 Vaccine is expected to be effective for 9-12 months but who knows. If I'm going have to carry my medicinal infor I want it chipped on to my voter ID.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

7 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Leave it to government to mess up a card that should fit in a wallet.

It was intended to be a receipt/record - not a wallet card.  I've never been asked to prove that I've been Covid-19 vaccinated.  Have you?

Edited by DanZemke

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

1 hour ago, ms60ocb said:

If I understand the present Covid-19 Vaccine is expected to be effective for 9-12 months but who knows. If I'm going have to carry my medicinal infor I want it chipped on to my voter ID.

Clay

That is just wild speculation, no one knows if it will be a one shot per lifetime or need boosters. The discussion I've seen on tech sites leans toward long lasting since the antibodies are not dropping off rapidly. But we will know next year

I like the idea of taking a pic and will do that today. Ours are in our passports in our fire proof safe. We went to Staples to have ours laminated and they had to laminate copies of them that were bigger. I was surprised but now realize we can fold our originals and carry them with and still have laminated larger copies at home. I haven't looked at the apps yet.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

2 minutes ago, RV_ said:

I like the idea of taking a pic and will do that today.

We did several things. We took pictures on each of our phones so that we have them that way and I also scanned them and saved them in .pdf format so that we could print new ones if we need to for some reason. Next is to visit a Staples to get ours laminated, as that isn't done yet.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I don't get the NEED for a card.

I have been vaccinated and so have been most of my friends. 

Did it change my behavior??  NO. 

I still wear a mask when entering stores and libraries.  What does it matter??  Oh wait, when I go fishing with a vaccinated friend, we do without masks in the truck!!

I don't get the requirement for a "vaccinated passport". 

What difference does it make??  You still need to wear a mask to protect other people!!

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

We are starting a fourth surge and many countries will lock down and will not grant entry under any circumstance. Others will with proof from your vaccination card.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

In the US the only states showing a 'fourth wave' are the NE (minus Maine), Atlantic, and MI and MN. All still under the mask mandates. TX, FL, SD and most of the other free states show no increase. TX has dropped it's case load every day in the 18 days since they dropped masks.

RV, there was an article today and the CDC is advising people NOT to laminate their cards as we may need boosters, which is why there is space on the cards for at least 2 other shots and that is where booster information (type, batch number, etc.) would be put.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I went to the NY app page and you have to have things by New York done there (NY approved antigen test and one more.)

Colorado is starting and this one does not share info. Read the article here. It starts tomorrow sometime or soon:

Excerpt:

“Once the credential gets issued to your phone, there’s no other copy of it anywhere. The vaccinators will push some encrypted information to the phone. To the end user, it looks like a proof of vaccine,” Durand said. “The only way in which that information can be used, even by the individual, is by using facial recognition or their fingerprint.”

Durand said he has talked to several people in Colorado and some health care providers to get a sense of how much interest there might be in the technology.

A return to normal requires secure and trusted ways to share and verify vaccination status,” Gautam M Shah, vice president of platform and marketplace at Change Healthcare, a health care technology company, said in a statement. “Supporting Project COVID Freedom is a natural extension of Change Healthcare and Ping Identity’s common goal to use secure, highly accurate identity to enable trusted health care interactions for patients, health care providers and payers alike.”

Durand said he believes a handful of other companies are looking at offering a similar service. Ping Identity “took a detour” from its original plans for ShoCard, which it acquired about a year ago, when the pandemic hit to offer the vaccination program. The company provides a platform to securely share personal information to establish a person’s identity.

“This is just technology to deal with something that no one asked for. I certainly wouldn’t be one to say someone has to get vaccinated,” Durand said. “But we do live in a society in which transmittable diseases is now a thing.”

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has said that employers can make vaccination for COVID-19 mandatory, with limited exceptions based on sincerely-held religious beliefs or to accommodate a health concern, say an allergy to what is in the vaccine."

Source: https://www.denverpost.com/2021/02/17/denver-ping-identity-shocard-covid-19-vaccination-app/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

49 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

I don't get the NEED for a card.

I have been vaccinated and so have been most of my friends. 

Did it change my behavior??  NO. 

I still wear a mask when entering stores and libraries.  What does it matter??  Oh wait, when I go fishing with a vaccinated friend, we do without masks in the truck!!

I don't get the requirement for a "vaccinated passport". 

What difference does it make??  You still need to wear a mask to protect other people!!

Watch airlines require proof of vaccination before boarding their planes - it could be coming.   Want to travel overseas or just to Canada, watch you will be required to show proof of vaccination, including batch numbers of the vaccine.    Going to get a new job - don't be surprised if some firms require vaccination for new hires.    Want to get into a venue, might be required to enter.   Remember, we're talking about private firms, who can require all sorts of things.  Don't want to show the airline your vaccination card, fine, they'll say, fly on some other airline!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834