Kirk W

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barb,

Well if that is the case they can make out a new card for me with them all.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Sounds like impending doom to me RV.  I still have my yellow shot and health cards from all my years of overseas work and travels plus blank ones never filled out given to me by Singapore health official or maybe  embassy staff.  The shot card was compact and easy to carry inside the passport. Common sense there folks.

I Will not be viewing additional comments.  Cheers and Jeers

"Starblazer Starblazer why is your star so bright" said one GS pilot to another in Nam 1970.

https://www.facebook.com/Pilot-Bill-Perkins-Exotic-Living-And-Travels-in-Far-East-and-SE-Asia-1425108021122523

227-capt-perkins-with-bell-212-evergreen-in-tokyo(1).jpg.b468bf06502d48667aa55538e78bedef.jpg

12 minutes ago, RV_ said:

We are starting a fourth surge and many countries will lock down and will not grant entry under any circumstance. Others will with proof from your vaccination card.

Fine, I have the card for OTHER countries....why do I need a "passport" for the US??

Full disclosure....The Soviet Union had "internal" passport" restricting citizens from traveling and engaging in activities not authorized by "their" passport. 

Do you really want to follow in the footsteps of the Soviet Union??  Do you know how hard my parents worked at escaping from that??

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

55 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

I don't get the NEED for a card.

I have been vaccinated and so have been most of my friends. 

Did it change my behavior??  NO. 

I still wear a mask when entering stores and libraries.  What does it matter??  Oh wait, when I go fishing with a vaccinated friend, we do without masks in the truck!!

I don't get the requirement for a "vaccinated passport". 

What difference does it make??  You still need to wear a mask to protect other people!!

Vlad we are all talking about what we will do with our cards not yours.

As with all things in a free country all actions have consequences good, bad, or indifferent. If you don't want to carry a card don't. I want to carry a card so I will. I do not believe anyone is forcing you or implying you should.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I know many children died of polio, small pox and measles before we had vaccinations. As well as adults.

No one made those comparisons with the "Reds" when I was a kid.

Vlad I don't "give a spit" what you do or not. There is no argument. Go your own way. I am as well going mine.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

2 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Vlad we are all talking about what we will do with our cards not yours.

As with all things in a free country all actions have consequences good, bad, or indifferent. If you don't want to carry a card don't. I want to carry a card so I will. I do not believe anyone is forcing you or implying you should.

It isn't about carrying a card.....well, it is. 

We don't want to got down that slippery slope of....the government approves of this, so you get special "rights" compared to the "other citizens". 

My obligation is to help and protect my fellow citizens.....actually I only swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, BUT I take a broad view of that citizenship oath.

I have no problem with the vaccine.  I took it ASAP.  I just don't think that should give me "special rights and privlages" compared to the un-vaccinated folks. 

We are ALL Americans.  Even those of us born outside the country. 

So yes, I will wait for the pandemic to end.  Even for those folks that do not want a jab in their arm.

BTW...my favorite quote..."I don't need to show you my stinking badges".

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Vlad, I will say this again. It was not angry the first time, and I'm not mad now. I know that the Texas mask orders were lifted March 10th and we will see how that goes. So I will repeat I don't give a spit what you do. I'm not yer daddy and you sure aren't mine. ;):D

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

1 hour ago, Vladimir said:

It isn't about carrying a card.....well, it is. 

We don't want to got down that slippery slope of....the government approves of this, so you get special "rights" compared to the "other citizens". 

My obligation is to help and protect my fellow citizens.....actually I only swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, BUT I take a broad view of that citizenship oath.

I have no problem with the vaccine.  I took it ASAP.  I just don't think that should give me "special rights and privlages" compared to the un-vaccinated folks. 

We are ALL Americans.  Even those of us born outside the country. 

So yes, I will wait for the pandemic to end.  Even for those folks that do not want a jab in their arm.

BTW...my favorite quote..."I don't need to show you my stinking badges".

When I was a teenager I worked in a restaurant my senior year in high school.  We had to get a TB test at the county health department and couldn't work without the card that they gave with a negative test.  Had to have the same when I was in college and worked at Picksweet during harvest.     Shot cards for kids as they are growing up.  Couldn't go to college without a physical from our family doctor and he filled out the required form that listed the vaccinations I had, which was Pertusis (Whooping Cough), Tetanus, Polio and Smallpox at that point, plus listed the childhood illnesses I had, which included mumps, measles, Rubella, chickenpox (all in kindergarten).    Couldn't enroll in college without it being done.    Had to have the TB Tine test done before I could student teach when I was finishing college.   

I didn't see any of those as having "special rights and privileges" but they allowed me to work, go to school.   Didn't your kids have to have vaccinations before they started school?   Aren't military membership required to take a whole host of immunization based upon where they are being sent?    I do know that a LOT of colleges will be requiring vaccinations for incoming students probably starting in September of 2022 - just like they required incoming students to have a set of standardized vaccinations.    Do you see that as "special rights" because I don't.    I've seen disease move through a college dormitory - it is not a pretty sight.   

Personally, when I finally get the nerve to travel by air again, I'd like it to be with an airline that required people to show their vaccination cards for Covid-19.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Our card was designed to fold in half making it the size of a credit card.

We *could* fold it in half, but our card is on fairly heavy card stock and I would be reluctant to fold it in half.  

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

14 hours ago, DanZemke said:

I've never been asked to prove that I've been Covid-19 vaccinated.  Have you?

No, not yet.  But airlines are considering asking for proof of vaccination before you can fly and I would imagine other places may start asking for proof, too.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

12 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I Will not be viewing additional comments.  Cheers and Jeers

😰

11 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Personally, when I finally get the nerve to travel by air again, I'd like it to be with an airline that required people to show their vaccination cards for Covid-19.

The same here. While it is your right to not disclose if you have been vaccinated against any disease, do I not also have the right to avoid those who chose not to be protected from it? The issue is one of whose rights are most important. As long as you stay far away from any public gathering, you can do anything you wish, but as soon as you try to expose others you violate their rights to avoid you. 

5 minutes ago, LindaH said:

But airlines are considering asking for proof of vaccination before you can fly and I would imagine other places may start asking for proof, too.

I believe that is only true of international flights. Two of my sons and one of my neighbors have flown in the past month and none were asked for any test or vaccination proof.  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 minute ago, Kirk W said:

I believe that is only true of international flights. Two of my sons and one of my neighbors have flown in the past month and none were asked for any test or vaccination proof.  

It could be that it will be only for international flights -- I don't fly, so haven't paid particularly close attention to the issue.  However, I don't think airlines have instituted asking for proof of vaccination yet, but some are considering it.  It wouldn't make any sense to do so now (IMO) since so few people have been vaccinated.

Here's one article on the matter...a Google search will bring up others:

Will You Need the COVID-19 Vaccine to Travel? (aarp.org)

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

I talked to a relative in Tucson last night and he has had to show his card twice. Its seems if you had been vaccinated ,a certain donut shop ( i won't mention the name  but  some letters areKxxxxy Kxxxx) will give a free donut.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

40 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

I talked to a relative in Tucson last night and he has had to show his card twice. Its seems if you had been vaccinated ,a certain donut shop ( i won't mention the name  but  some letters areKxxxxy Kxxxx) will give a free donut.

Clay

True at one location in Albuquerque for sure. They took my word for it so I did not have to dig it out. Tragically their coffee machine was down so it was a critical situation. How do you enjoy a donut without coffee and they didn't actually make money off me.  I think they are going to make a ton of money off extra donuts and coffee and other drinks doing this.

BTW today Jersey Mikes is donating all proceeds to charity for sales today.  I never ate at one until about a month ago but was convinced to try it by a friend/volunteer that moved here from NJ when he retired. 

4 hours ago, LindaH said:

We *could* fold it in half, but our card is on fairly heavy card stock and I would be reluctant to fold it in half.  

Our card was scored to make folding it easier. Not easy but easier.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

16 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

I didn't see any of those as having "special rights and privileges" but they allowed me to work, go to school.   Didn't your kids have to have vaccinations before they started school?  

Even pets have to have proof of vaccinations to travel or be in certain areas.  I just don't think any of this qualifies for "slippery slope" or government overreach arguments.  It's just good sense and trying to control a disease.  

Edited by hemsteadc

4 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Even pets have to have proof of vaccinations to travel or be in certain areas.  I just don't think any of this qualifies for "slippery slope" or government overreach arguments.  It's just good sense and trying to control a disease.  

100% Agree and as a memory test I believe in some of the olden days you used to have show that you had been vaccinated for some other diseases to travel to certain areas. Hope the old memory is correct.

23 hours ago, Vladimir said:

I don't get the NEED for a card.

I have been vaccinated and so have been most of my friends. 

Did it change my behavior??  NO. 

I still wear a mask when entering stores and libraries.  What does it matter??  Oh wait, when I go fishing with a vaccinated friend, we do without masks in the truck!!

I don't get the requirement for a "vaccinated passport". 

What difference does it make??  You still need to wear a mask to protect other people!!

If you are vaccinated and don’t have and can’t get COVID, how the heck is wearing a mask protection for someone else? Makes no sense

1 hour ago, Big Rick said:

If you are vaccinated and don’t have and can’t get COVID, how the heck is wearing a mask protection for someone else? Makes no sense

Hey Rick,

Good question and I'll answer the part I know.

Vaccinated people can catch the variants.

Vaccinated people are expected to recover if they get the variant.

Vaccinated people would almost certainly be able to have it and not know it if they are in that few days when they are contagious but have no symptoms.

At that point, with the variant that is leading the current initial surge, they will be contagious.

Wearing a mask can protect other folks without any.

Masks protects somewhat the vaccinated mask wearer from infection by the variant themselves if everyone around them were also wearing masks.

Indications say that the UK variant, now in our country too, is more contagious for both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated, and more deadly to folks without any vaccinations.

All medical journals and scientific articles agree on one thing. That getting the variant for the vaccinated will likely be a much milder illness than if they had not taken the vaccination for the original virus.

The no mask unvaccinated will likely get infected by the new variant because it has shown to be more infectious, and cause more serious illness than the original COVID19. No one is allowed in our house without a mask. Outside six feet then no mask as long as I can get upwind of any breeze. ;)

On Edit: I just heard on the local news that we have 5 variants of the virus here in Colorado that we are seeing increase as the original virus decreases.

:blink:

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

18 minutes ago, Big Rick said:

As much as I can see your point I also recognize how we still don't know for sure all the the ins and outs of this disease  so I don't take for granted that it can't be passed. Plus the sucker keeps mutating which could change the possibility of infecting others. Is it worth the risk if we are starting to beat it down to let it up again.   

Besides what I was taught as a Marine I learned on the street not to give up the upper hand without a fight. When I was about 15 a guy with an iron bar attacked me and a buddy. He disabled my buddy by surprised and hurt me pretty good but I got the best of him and had him down and I didn't let him up until the help arrived.  He was really lucky I didn't do more damage as in my mind he did not deserve any breaks but I did make sure he couldn't hurt anyone else.   I had to hold him in a headlock for at least 20 minutes until help arrived.