Expired post. Cheers

NamMedevac 70

Interesting article. I have been to Carson City and it is a nice town. I am never sure what criteria Forbes uses when it compiles some of these lists. To carry the stats a bit farther as per Johns Hopkins Carson City has 255 hospital beds with only 219 of them staffed and 32 ICU beds. The death rate is 1.95.

Williamson County in Texas where I am has 971 beds with only 843 staffed and 156 ICU beds. The death rate is .99 or almost a full point lower. Based on that I think I would rather take my chances where I am.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I distrust these kind of articles about "best or worst places", since I have been burned by them.  I still remember going to a steakhouse in Bismarck ND on some list my wife found and being very disappointed. I know that is minor compared to Covid risk, but...

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Lets face it someone is making the decision at the end on what to promote. They may be using a basic criteria but at the end their own view will be part of the pictures.   I have been less than impressed more than I would like to  if following the recommendations. A couple of years ago while wintering in the Memphis, Tn area I decided to try a lot of recommend and high rated barbque places and while almost all were good they sure did not  overly impress me. I tried to stick to the stuff I liked to be fair vs what is popular regionally.   IE all pork ribs or all brisket.  One thing though, TN don't put salad on my barbque sandwich.😀

I would still like to get around to checking out Carson City area.

The best place to live in senior housing in our area is where we live. I know that because I voted for it when the poll came out. It may just be, though, that we have a larger population than most similar facilities and management provided us with a link to vote for ours to make it easy for us to do so?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We were through Carson City in 2005 but didn't get to spend time there. I remember it as a clean busy place. Everything we saw in Nevada was interesting, especially the lava fields.

Everything written by a news writer is biased these days, knowing that fact allows me to skip over what is obviously fluff and form my own opinion.

Thanks for posting the link.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961