Need New Range

SWharton

It has never worked right from the beginning. It would light for a few weeks, then stop and I had to go to a lighter, then out of the clear blue it would start again. We replaced the wires, had i it looked at under warranty etc. I am tired of dealing with it, lemon from the beginning.

Samsung convection oven over the range. Only way, baby. Bigger, better temp control, makes microwave popcorn, too.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

8 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Samsung convection oven over the range. Only way, baby. Bigger, better temp control, makes microwave popcorn, too.

But can you fry an egg in it? Convection ovens are great but they are not a replacement for a stove top. 

I don't know the specific dimensions but a lot of newer RVs are coming with a 4-burner cooktop that actually has a usable oven. If you don't want the oven take a look at gas cooktops. They can be had in smaller sizes and most gas places are able to convert natural gas to propane. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

2 hours ago, Chalkie said:

But can you fry an egg in it? Convection ovens are great but they are not a replacement for a stove top. 

Can you dry an egg in your oven? Haven't seen that recipe, but I suppose anything's possible. We're talking about ovens here, not stoves. We have a gas cooktop, too.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

A range has an oven down below and burners on top. A cooktop is just the burners on top. Which do you need?

If you are only having trouble with the igniter, may I suggest keeping a grill lighter or oven matches nearby. 

I bought and installed the Furrion 3 burner cooktop and the igniter on it works well,  and I like the controls (10%-100%) and the gas safety cutoff if a flame blows out. Just FYI, having a safety thermocouple on each burner means that you do have to hold the knob pushed down for several seconds after the burner ignites.

It's a mid-priced unit, not the best but certainly better than the $30 units installed by some of the factories. It has actual cast iron grates inserted into rubber grommets, not the cheap and noisy bent steel grates on the cheap cooktops. 

It is 3 burners but...you can't fit 3 large pots or pans or skillets at the same time. You can fit two large pans or skillets, or a flat griddle plate across all 3 burners. 

My only 'nit' is that the knobs get spattered along with the rest of the cooktop when cooking, but you can easily remove the knobs for cleaning them and the surrounding surface.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Stoves-and-Ovens/Furrion/FGH4ZSASS.html

Edited by podwerkz

Nothing to see here. 

8 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Drying an egg could be interesting. Would that leave you with a powdered egg? But I did say fry.

Bad proof reading, combined with Autocorrect.

Please e-mail us here.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:29 AM, Chalkie said:

You have me thinking about putting some oil in a cereal bowl, breaking an egg into it, breaking the yolk so it won't explode, putting it in the microwave, and seeing what happens. After all, I regularly cook a lightly beaten egg with a can of salmon stirred into it that way. It seems to me that method would work in a convection oven.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 hours ago, sandsys said:

You have me thinking about putting some oil in a cereal bowl, breaking an egg into it, breaking the yolk so it won't explode, putting it in the microwave, and seeing what happens. After all, I regularly cook a lightly beaten egg with a can of salmon stirred into it that way. It seems to me that method would work in a convection oven.

Linda

I have a gizmo for a microwave that you are supposed to put in a scrambled egg and cook it to make the egg for an egg muffin. I have found that unless you time it perfectly it comes out rubbery and can vary from egg to egg. It is much more satisfactory to me to pour that scrambled egg into one of the silicon rings in the fry pan. 

But your experiment sounds interesting. Let us know if it works, which I think it will, but the real trick would getting an easy over egg out of a microwave.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not sure what your aversion is to the induction, but I have a residential LP cooktop you could have for the shipping to your area. Of course you would need the space to cut out the counter. It wouldn't fit in the spot an RV Range occupied. No issues with it lighting or controlling the flame, but it will make you home HOT if you are cooking a large dinner and using most of the burners. Not so with induction. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 2/15/2021 at 3:29 AM, Chalkie said:

They're also not a replacement for an oven for those of us who boondock most of the time since it requires running the generator for long periods of time.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul