Great news from my mechanic!

Vegas Teacher

I was off from school for Nevada day weekend today. I called up my mechanic, Steve, at True Blue here in Vegas and took him and the guys in his shop and the shops that border his lunch. The only thing I have left to get done on my truck, before tires, is brakes and shocks on the front. I am only about 700.00 in parts and labor from a fully functional truck. Then 3000.00 for tires but I am excited to get to move on to cosmetic stuff, the fun stuff. Steve is going to help me find replacement interior parts, and will put them in for me, but now I am going to look for a train horn, chrome wheel covers and het my CDL. Then I will be taking my truck back to Kansas and I will drive it over to Dennis Kansas to let the guys over there have it for a while to work their magic on it. It has been a long 3 years of one project at a time then wait a couple of months save a few more do something small but I am getting there finally. 

Later Cory Ossana Vegas Teacher. 

Congratulations! It takes time, but that part of the fun is actually planning and making the plan happen.

I have about 6,000 in repairs and tires on my project.   I did use it for hauling corn at harvest this year, so it's at least helping cover it own repairs. Discovered a  few more things to be fixed, so another $900 this fall.   Lights and front cab bushings next year, and then can start on the extras.

Good luck on your proeject!

Chuck

Congratulations Cory.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

5 hours ago, castlewood57 said:

Congratulations! It takes time, but that part of the fun is actually planning and making the plan happen.

I have about 6,000 in repairs and tires on my project.   I did use it for hauling corn at harvest this year, so it's at least helping cover it own repairs. Discovered a  few more things to be fixed, so another $900 this fall.   Lights and front cab bushings next year, and then can start on the extras.

Good luck on your proeject!

Chuck

I did cab bushings this summer, well my mechanic did cab bushings this summer I should have said.

I know I have talked about how great Steve is over at True Blue Diesel Mechanics is, but he impresses me a lot. He found me the top of the line shocks for the best price. While diong the bad tie rods. He stopped what he was doing and called me, then sent me pictures of my truck. I know this guy is looking out for me, my safety and my truck. Once again if anybody is on their way toward Vegas and notices any little thing wrong with their truck HDT or MDT Steve is worth calling and setting up an appointment with. Tell him you heard about him from me and he will treat you right.

Later,

Cory Ossana - Vegas Teacher