Marion co Fl

Wrknrvr

Because I have read the Washington Post the maximum number of free times, I am unable to read your link but here is another version of that same story from CBC news.

Florida sheriff bans deputies and visitors from wearing face masks: "This is no longer a debate nor is it up for discussion"

After reading the story, I am wondering how many of his deputies will choose to quit, rather than expose themselves to this danger? 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

27 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Because I have read the Washington Post the maximum number of free times, I am unable to read your link but here is another version of that same story from CBC news.

Clearing your Washington Post cookies will restart the free article count...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

This attitude prevails all over Florida. So it is just another example of why Florida is in such bad shape with this virus. Another glaring example of poor leadership . We can only wait for the virus to thin the herd and hope sanity will return to the state. But I have my doubts. We are hunkered down at home and plan to stay that way for the distant future. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

4 hours ago, chuckbear said:

We can only wait for the virus to thin the herd and hope sanity will return to the state. But I have my doubts. 

FL currently has 40 deaths per 100 thousand.  NYC has 281 deaths per 100K and NY state (not counting NYC) has 80 deaths per 100K.  CA has about 9K more cases than FL in the past 7 days but only 26 deaths per 100K.  TX has 4K more cases than FL in the past 7 days and 30 deaths per 100K. 

In other words, there doesn't seem to be a consistent thinning of the herd.  I'm looking forward to seeing SD's number in another few weeks.

https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases

34 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

I'm looking forward to seeing SD's number in another few weeks.

South Dakota (Sturgis Motorcycle) is coming up.... 647 new cases in one week; 10 new deaths in one week.

Unfortunately, the majority of those at the rally aren't from South Dakota.  They will be traveling through states and shedding the virus at many places.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

28 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

South Dakota (Sturgis Motorcycle) is coming up.... 647 new cases in one week; 10 new deaths in one week.

Unfortunately, the majority of those at the rally aren't from South Dakota.  They will be traveling through states and shedding the virus at many places.

So this has the high potential of repeating the Spring Break phenomenum.

Quite unfortunate.  And some wonder why we cant get the trend to go down.  We arent subscribing the right behavior.  This isnt our fault but we do have the ability to mitigate.  Wear our PPE.  

I work on different construction projects nearly every week, and what ever that facility or site requires, is what I subscribe to.  Its part of what it takes to conduct business and work in todays normal.  As well as hi-viz vests, work boots, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, no horseplay, responsible adults behaving responsibly.  It is certainly what I can do for me, my wife and those around me.

Marcel

23 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

It's not coming up, it is happening now and has been for about a week.  While it will be difficult to determine if any increase in neighboring states is related to the event, it will be easy to claim, and hard to disprove, an increase of cases in the Rapid City/Sturgis area due to the event.

37 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

It's not coming up, it is happening now and has been for about a week.  While it will be difficult to determine if any increase in neighboring states is related to the event, it will be easy to claim, and hard to disprove, an increase of cases in the Rapid City/Sturgis area due to the event.

Sorry... I worded it wrong.  I meant the number are coming up.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel