Vote by mail

We won’t be able to vote in person this year so want to vote by mail.  Does anyone have info on how to sign up for vote by mail procedures?  I’d hate to lose our opportunity to vote...

John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

3 hours ago, John Laninga said:

We won’t be able to vote in person this year so want to vote by mail.  Does anyone have info on how to sign up for vote by mail procedures?  I’d hate to lose our opportunity to vote...

In many states, it is the City, Township, or County Clerk's office that manage Elections.   Go to their web site, or call them, to have an "Application for requesting a Ballot" mailed to you.   Give it some advance time, as again, it is just an Application... for a ballot.   Then when you fill it in, mail it back to the Clerk, who will then validate it, and mail the official "voting ballot" back to you.   Then you have to fill that one out, and return it to the Clerk for your votes to be counted.   This does take some time.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

4 hours ago, John Laninga said:

John

The Board of Elections or equivalent for your domicile may have an online absentee ballot application setup. Or will at least have the instructions for requesting a ballot...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

South Dakota also has an online form to download. As was mentioned above, you will have to mail that form in and then the actual ballot will be mailed to you at the appropriate time. Beware, though, that if you have it sent to your mail service, you will have to let them know to send the mail on to you in a timely manner. We've received our absentee ballots several days AFTER the election. I don't think that the election officials are able to send the ballots to wherever you happen to be. They will send them to your official address (your mailing service) because technically that's where you live.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

We just received our absentee ballot by mail and returned it to the clerks office in Polk County Texas.  You can fill out a form at the beginning of each year asking fro absentee ballots in Texas.  The link Kirk provide above gives the info.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

28 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

We just received our absentee ballot by mail and returned it to the clerks office in Polk County Texas.  You can fill out a form at the beginning of each year asking fro absentee ballots in Texas.  The link Kirk provide above gives the info.

Ken

Anyone over 65 can request mail ballots each January to cover all voting for the year sent to your mailing address.   Escapees sends an email notifying you when the ballots come, we then request a mail shipment, and in 3 days will fill out and send it in!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I just received confirmation of my request for a mail-in ballot in Minnesota. Application online was very easy. I ordered through the state site but it will be mailed by our county system since the ballots are not the same in one county as another.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van